Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,302 members, 7,836,312 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) (47895 Views)

Creepy Collection Of Halloween Costumes And Makeup From Around The World / This Pregnant Lady's Halloween Costume Is Crazy (Photo) / This Man Dressed Up As Used Sanitary Pad For Halloween � (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by MrBONE2(m): 2:56pm On Nov 03, 2021
Opexzy:
Try this in Nigeria and see Edo people take over it grin

Ewkwarrrreeeennnnyeeeeegrin

Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by slowice(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
This is some devilish shit... But let's act cool coolsince its some foreign shit.

Imagine if reverse was the case..... They would call us barbaric demon worshiping continent
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Sheriman(m): 2:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
kovik19:
This is how Our sisters from the other religion celebrate Halloween all year round
So you think white Halloween is more civilized, popular, accepted and well recognized globally more than burqa??
You are suffering from ignorance. Please!! Don't mock, ridicule or make jest of other people's belief or faith. If they did the same to you, you wouldn't like it. A responsible person must respect individual differences.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Probz(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Bro this is not an African thing u know ofc. We also have our own masquerade festivals. I just find it awkward when some blacks That's not even in Europe o but Nigeria here will be celebrating it like it's part of them.

Patronize your own

There’s no shame in the world being inter-connected. Just because we have our own indigenous practices doesn’t mean we can’t patronise other cultural practices from time to time.

Jollof rice is pretty nice. But so’s Nando’s (peri-peri) chicken. So’s a good bolognese (when it’s made by a proper Italian anyway).

Same for cultures and people. Yoruba culture is fascinating. So’s ancient Japanese mythology. Igbos are adaptive and smart as hell. So are the Japanese. So are the Germans.

The world doesn’t start and end with Nigeria. I don’t know why Nigerians seem to fluctuate between expressing an ego so big that it rejects cultures and practices which aren’t directly their own and adopting a downbeat pan-African identity and regarding ourselves as the same as people from those African countries which are genuinely tapped and useless (without remembering that Nigerians are a better kind of black). But going forward it’s good to keep in mind that patronising another world practice or culture intermittently doesn’t mean you have an inherent inferiority complex or that you’re doing so at the risk of eroding your own culture. The English colonised and interacted with no less than half the world but they still know who they are (or at least they think they do). Those interactions with other nations only enhanced their own culture (thanks to their interactions with the likes of India there’s now more option than fish, chips and mushy peas for takeaway options - people can get a nice vindaloo with pilau rice or a kebab on a Friday night instead and that’s what people very often do). Nigerians can be the same. We just need to know our worth and bear it in mind at all costs going forward. That’s all.

1 Like

Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by muheeb01(m): 3:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
This is what our people are copying instead of yam and egungun festival,our hypocrisy no be here in naija
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by obembet(f): 3:02pm On Nov 03, 2021
Frontpagee:
Nothing Is more scarier than being in Nigeria till 2023.

All this ones no scare me at all.

Na when I wake up for sleep come remember say na naija I still dry naked that one they scare the hell out of me.

I don start to create my new country for my dream abeg make my fellow nairalanders come live for this my dream Island everything is free even snake meat wey lalasticlala dey like because na burutai zoo we go carry snake palliative.

lalasticlala can never leave this country. They see snake as pet in a normal country while my brother, lalasticlala see am as best meat
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Shyluck(m): 3:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
Witches are celebrating
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by endallinfection: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
Weird
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Theoarhics: 3:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
What's the positive significance of this nonsense?
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Probz(m): 3:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
Theoarhics:
What's the positive significance of this nonsense?

What’s the negative significance of it? What does it matter if they celebrate Halloween?
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Rajahbite(m): 3:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
See our own Halloween costumes

Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by arixona: 3:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
How much for drivers licence
rikithor:
A type of hell,hell rehearsals, a kind of acclimatisation preparing for the real day,the Day of the Lord
Confess your sins,repent and live for the gospel
Learn how to drive better than you were taught or shown
Drive manual or automatic cars in few weeks.
Driving/vehicle license and other papers support services available
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by IJEYdiamond(f): 3:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
Never knew Canada celebrate Halloween....

Not a party of it...!!
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by alabisulaiman31: 3:16pm On Nov 03, 2021
kovik19:
This is how Our sisters from the other religion celebrate Halloween all year round

Use your brain before speaking... When did you bring in religious matter into this? Nonsense
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by purplekayc(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2021
NobleSeed:
na film be this abi na reality?
Wahala belike ikoyi story building them no dey Strong
. They're celebrating Halloween
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by EmekaBlue(m): 4:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
Probz:

There’s no shame in the world being inter-connected. Just because we have our own indigenous practices doesn’t mean we can’t patronise other cultural practices from time to time.

Jollof rice is pretty nice. But so’s Nando’s (peri-peri) chicken. So’s a good bolognese (when it’s made by a proper Italian anyway).

Same for cultures and people. Yoruba culture is fascinating. So’s ancient Japanese mythology. Igbos are adaptive and smart as hell. So are the Japanese. So are the Germans.

The world doesn’t start and end with Nigeria. I don’t know why Nigerians seem to fluctuate between expressing an ego so big that it rejects cultures and practices which aren’t directly their own and adopting a downbeat pan-African identity and regarding ourselves as the same as people from those African countries which are genuinely tapped and useless (without remembering that Nigerians are a better kind of black). But going forward it’s good to keep in mind that patronising another world practice or culture intermittently doesn’t mean you have an inherent inferiority complex or that you’re doing so at the risk of eroding your own culture. The English colonised and interacted with no less than half the world but they still know who they are (or at least they think they do). Those interactions with other nations only enhanced their own culture (thanks to their interactions with the likes of India there’s now more option than fish, chips and mushy peas for takeaway options - people can get a nice vindaloo with pilau rice or a kebab on a Friday night instead and that’s what people very often do). Nigerians can be the same. We just need to know our worth and bear it in mind at all costs going forward. That’s all.
Bro i took time to read what you wrote and i swear i agree with all u said.
I can guess you are not based home right? As in u are nigerian not here but somewhere in Europe or so

Don't mind us o. The hunger and frustration here makes some of us lack basic sense of reasoning because of the anger daily
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by NobleSeed(m): 4:13pm On Nov 03, 2021
I thought as much.
purplekayc:
. They're celebrating Halloween
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Johel(m): 4:23pm On Nov 03, 2021
film3four:

I love this!!!...wish I was there.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by airsaylongcome: 4:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
OP is happy to tell us he entered juju house in Canada, because Halloween has now become socially acceptable globally. Same OP will run down the Nigerian equivalent as idolatry and "backwards". Black man and inferiority
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by ModestGal(f): 4:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
Throughout Halloween, I went for trick and treats, and it was fun
Some people were nice to us,and gave us lots of candies
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by ModestGal(f): 4:42pm On Nov 03, 2021
slowice:
This is some devilish shit... But let's act cool coolsince its some foreign shit.

Imagine if reverse was the case..... They would call us barbaric demon worshiping continent
I agree
Difference is that they have modernized thiers
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by themanderon: 4:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
A good thing we did not buy into this demonic tradition as we did for Christmas and Easter.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by themanderon: 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Halloween

My love for horror movies.....

How I wish say I dey overseas

I for dey celebrate am ehnnn

You love the white man's fetish stuff and you would love to celebrate it but when you see the ones your fellow African brothers do down here you start shouting Africans are this and Africans are that. Funny people.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Probz(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2021
EmekaBlue:
Bro i took time to read what you wrote and i swear i agree with all u said.
I can guess you are not based home right? As in u are nigerian not here but somewhere in Europe or so

Don't mind us o. The hunger and frustration here makes some of us lack basic sense of reasoning because of the anger daily

Let’s just say I’ve got one foot in Naija and the other foot in obodo oyibo.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by bewla(m): 5:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
Frontpagee:

Na when I wake up for sleep come remember say na naija I still dry naked that one they scare the hell out of me.

I don start to create my new country for my dream abeg make my fellow nairalanders come live for this my dream Island everything is free even snake meat wey lalasticlala dey like because na burutai zoo we go carry snake palliative.
Hope the building no be ikoyi tower
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by bigcasava1(m): 5:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
Frontpagee:

you better go buy your gun and ready for 2023. Na blood in blood out.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Lxc1: 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2021
I’m coming soon
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by thundafire: 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2021
DropsMic:
The best i have ever seen
this is beautiful
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by dona4real(m): 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
All these Halloweens stuffs and substances are all demonic, whether they know it or not they are inviting demons to their mystical abode,flee from such stuff and embrace JEHOVAH GOD and HIS CHRIST.. period!!!!
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Mikeeytools: 8:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
RPG2020:
shocked

Tiwa savage shocked
Nigeria Halloween.
Re: Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) by Frankoso(m): 9:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
Nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pastor And Family Poisoned In Abia, Buried Amid Tears (Photo) / Couple Use Tipper For Their Wedding Umuahia, Abia State (Photo) / Obituary: Couple Weds March 6, Dies May 6 In Fatal Accident In Benue (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.