Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,741 members, 7,837,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* (428 Views)

LG Polls: Obaseki Leads PDP Campaign Train To Canvass For Votes / Wike's Chief Of Staff Wears Tinubu's Logo To Canvass For Votes In Rivers (Pics) / Bola Tinubu and Shettima In Osun State For Gubernatorial Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* by saints4rea(m): 12:10pm On Nov 03, 2021
*By Ifeanyi Ndukwe and Chikaodili Chukwuleta*

The People's Democratic Party(PDP) held its mega campaign rally at the popular Alex Ekwueme Square in canvassing support for its candidate, Valentine Ozigbo. The programme had in attendance all party faithfuls from the Federal,State,and local government levels of power.

In his opening remarks, the newly elected chairman of the party, Senator Ayuh welcomed everyone to the auspicious event. He urged all stakeholders to work in unison and solidarity so as to obtain the target goals and objectives.

Also speaking at the occasion, former governor and Vice President aspirant, Peter Obi lamented the state of affairs in the state. He urged the people to seize opportunity to change the narratives.

"We urge the people to take back their state because it has collapsed. The state has remained where I left it eight years ago. The roads and other amenities including infrastructures have gravely depreciated, while the state owes more than N120billion in debt."

In his address, Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde said that the race for the governorship position is not a battle between good and evil. Rather, it is the choice for the best material. According to him, Ozigbo is the authentic machine that would pilot the job of the governor effectively.

On his support, Sen. Ifeanyi Okowa, Delta state governor urged the youths to take proactive actions in the elections come this Saturday. He urged the youths to be strong and courageous.
Okowa affirmed that the recently conducted national convention of PDP which produced new leadership of the party has sent clear signals that it is ready to take back Nigeria.
"It is time for us to come together and clinch the seat of the governor. This election is for you. It is high time we believed in ourselves and support the party by voting PDP."

In his keynote speech, Chairman VCO campaign council, Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu urge voters to vote for Ozigbo to ensure continuous dividends of democracy.

Meanwhile, the PDP candidate, Valentine Ozigbo who was presented the flag of the party pledged to implement his manifesto if elected into office. He said the rate at which supporters of other political parties are decamping to PDP is a sign of good things to come.

“Everyone in the state is angry and wants something new. I will give Anambra a new life if I become governor.

" I'm here for the unemployed. I'm here for the student who needs to get help to get better and affordable education. I'm here for the total restoration of leadership, to take Anambra to a higher glory, "he said.

The highlights of the event was the performance of music by the indigenous Umuobiligbo and display of placards by various support groups.

Re: PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* by Jostoman: 12:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
I hope Anambra people will vote wisely so that nobody will come later to impose the person that came last in the election on them.
Re: PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* by nairalandankrah: 12:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
Where is the crowd?? smh
Re: PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* by kenzysmith: 12:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
Should PDP had given Maduka the ticket suludo would have been peeling in his pants but greed
If u watch the presentation suludo knows is an easy ride for him u can see the confidence written all over him.

Maduka is in the contest to test hia strength and if he failed to finish top4 am Sir he won't near politics again no matter the convincing from Alex and d llikes
Re: PDP Holds Mega Rally To Canvass Support For Gubernatorial Candidate, Ozigbo* by Moferere: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
PDP will fail in Anambra

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians’ Talents Reason To Believe In Nigeria - Osinbajo / Police Officers Posted To Anambra Protests Non Payment Of Allowance (video) / Electoral Violence Reported In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.