Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,744 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Garfield's Diary - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Garfield's Diary (1761 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 1:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
This is a thread dedicated to my Kitten Garfield, I'll be sharing his growth here as well as pictures every week. I'm only going to be updating the diary once a week so here's to hoping that I can be consistent enough with this cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by 616fauzia: 12:08pm On Nov 06, 2021
okay
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 8:41am On Nov 09, 2021
November 3, 2021

I went to pick up Garfield from a friend, he gave me a carton box with the kitten inside. I remember a lady on the bus I took back home looking at me all scared and funny cause she heard meows from the carton box.

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 8:52am On Nov 09, 2021
The first few days were literally hell. Garfield put me through a lot. He first hid himself under my TV stand and refused to come out or eat or drink anything while I was present. Not to mention the crying, he cried a lot and very loudly too, especially at night and early morning. I thought I was going to go crazy and I received a few complaints from neighbours about the noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031ruQnzY4I

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 9:32am On Nov 09, 2021
I knew I had a handful when I noticed that he didn't want me coming close to him and even running away while hissing whenever I approached, also didn't help that he didn't even make use of his litter box and was going potty on my TV stand angry . On the third day of bringing him home, I was woken up by extra loud meowing sounds at around 3am. Oga climbed up my curtains and stranded himself on the curtain rod. He kept meowing so loudly but he still kept on hissing at me whenever I brought my hand close to pick him up. Finally managed to get him down after being bitten and scratched (luckily I wasn't injured).
At that point I was just tired of the cat and I considered returning him but I decided to persevere...

1 Like

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 10:02am On Nov 09, 2021
After that night, I decided to annoy Garfield as much as he was to me
Anytime he cried or meowed I mimicked him and it kinda worked? At least he was quiet most of the night and then something unexpected happened. I woke up to discover a certain kitten huddled up next to me and sleeping. He woke up a few minutes later and I successfully pet him for the first time ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 10:13am On Nov 09, 2021
Now that I had him warming up to me, my next problem was the lack of respect for my TV stand and kitty proofing my room. For that I just thoroughly cleaned the TV stand and hid all small objects that can be swallowed. I monitored him a lot and after he eats, I take him to the litter box. He kept coming out until finally he used it and he's been using it since then although he makes a mess of it every time, scattering sand everywhere.
My favourite thing about cats is how easy it is to potty train them and their neatness. Nothing can really compare.

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 10:16am On Nov 09, 2021
Rare photo of Garfield yelling at me

1 Like

Re: Garfield's Diary by Shellsploit: 10:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Following...
Na make u no go roast am chop one day cry
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 12:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Shellsploit:
Following...
Na make u no go roast am chop one day cry

Thanks
I'm not going to roast him lol I love cats smiley

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 6:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Feeding Garfield isn't as stressful as I thought it would be cause he readily eats everything we eat. Sometimes he prefers the food on my plate to the one on his plate, meowing at me to give him my food is cute and all but it's not going to work Garfield wink

Here's a few photos

1 Like

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 11:32am On Nov 15, 2021
So, Garfield started scratching literally everything, from my feet, the furniture, and even my TV cry
I decided to clip his claws today and it was a struggle as you might imagine... Long story short, 40 minutes after I started he's tired and so am I.
༎ຶ‿༎ຶ

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Garfield's Diary by Sijiade77(m): 2:14pm On Nov 15, 2021
[quote author=Wildlifecalling post=107638005]So, Garfield started scratching literally everything, from my feet, the furniture, and even my TV cry
I decided to clip his claws today and it was a struggle as you might imagine... Long story short, 40 minutes after I started he's tired and so am I.
༎ຶ‿༎ຶ
[/quote ]

Garfield is such a beautiful cat.
And this thread is wonderful. Cuz there are few of its kind dedicated to cats on Nairaland.
I've also been a cat owner & lover for years.

Following....
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 7:35pm On Nov 15, 2021
Sijiade77:
Garfield is such a beautiful cat.
And this thread is wonderful. Cuz there are few of its kind dedicated to cats on Nairaland.
I've also been a cat owner & lover for years.

Following....
Thank you for the compliment smiley
And for the follow too. I'd love to see your cat if possible
Re: Garfield's Diary by Sijiade77(m): 8:05am On Nov 16, 2021
Wildlifecalling:

Thank you for the compliment smiley
And for the follow too. I'd love to see your cat if possible

I'm having a problem uploading pictures buh I'll keep on trying. wink
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2021
Sijiade77:

I'm having a problem uploading pictures buh I'll keep on trying. wink

No problem man
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hello...

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by peacefull(f): 6:22am On Nov 19, 2021
So cute!
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2021
Hi all,

It's been a busy few days and I couldn't upload, nor have I been able to spend much time with my boy
I noticed that his hunting instincts have started kicking in cause he stalks and pounces on ants he sees on the floor almost every night, and it's not limited to just ants, he hunts every little thing that moves (my toes included) but luckily for me I've trimmed his nails and he doesn't bite hard at all.
I'm thinking of getting a female to keep him company soon

2 Likes

Re: Garfield's Diary by Petoski7: 11:51am On Nov 23, 2021
Wildlifecalling:
Hi all,

It's been a busy few days and I couldn't upload, nor have I been able to spend much time with my boy
I noticed that his hunting instincts have started kicking in cause he stalks and pounces on ants he sees on the floor almost every night, and it's not limited to just ants, he hunts every little thing that moves (my toes included) but luckily for me I've trimmed his nails and he doesn't bite hard at all.
I'm thinking of getting a female to keep him company soon
Adorable ❤
Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 10:20pm On Dec 09, 2021
Hello from Nairaland's cutest kitten

1 Like

Re: Garfield's Diary by aliyuoladotun7: 6:08am On Dec 11, 2021
okay
Re: Garfield's Diary by Cryomancer: 4:21pm On Dec 29, 2021
Wildlifecalling:
Hello from Nairaland's cutest kitten

Your kitten is lovely. You're also lucky that he eats almost everything he sees you eat.

Mine is just something else, he refused to eat any food due to the fact that I got her after few months.

See her below

Re: Garfield's Diary by Wildlifecalling(m): 7:52am On Jan 01, 2022
Cryomancer:

Your kitten is lovely. You're also lucky that he eats almost everything he sees you eat.

Mine is just something else, he refused to eat any food due to the fact that I got her after few months.

See her below
Happy New year
Your kitten is so cute � I love his/her coat.
Also, do you know what food it was used to before you got it? If you do you can be feeding that, or just do what I do and slice beef or fish and mix with whatever I'm feeding, at first they'd select the beef and fish and leave the rest but with time they'd start eating everything.
Would love to keep in touch on WhatsApp if you don't mind?
Re: Garfield's Diary by patricia37o: 4:08pm On Jan 02, 2022
okay

(1) (Reply)

Introducing My Girl Kitana From Herdeyholuwa Kennel / Cute Lhasa Apso Puppies available For booking!! / Pure Breed Boerbull Puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.