Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,085 members, 7,811,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion (17614 Views)

Ondo Residents Overpower Truck Driver; Loot Food Items Branded In Tinubu Name / Akeredolu Allays Fears Over Soldiers’ Withdrawal From Checkpoints In Ondo / Many Police, Army Checkpoints In The South-East? Why Is This So? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Wokenaija: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2021
Fulani lovers grin why una dey fear ?! One Nigeria!!!

Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by omonaijiria: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2021
fergie001:
There is a cold war between the Military & Amotekun in Ondo....

The Military is insisting that whilst they back Amotekun to fight crime, Amotekun always arrest people from a particular ethnic group which has angered their bosses in the Barracks, hence they have told Amotekun to fully take over and wished them good luck.

They also have stayed away from State Security Council meetings until something is done about it.

Cc: Sammy07 omonaijiria

This will be resolved if actually it's true.
As at this moment Army are still at the various check point i can confirm that
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Afati: 5:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
sad
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Slizzords: 5:29pm On Nov 03, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

Ondo people should be on the red alert and protect themselves, because anytime soldiers are withdrawn from a place herdmen always seize the opportunity to attack.

By the way the soldiers are not always the one protecting and maintaining peace anywhere.
If you think I am lying you should ask yourself why the millitary has not been able to secure northern states where bandits are having a field.

They are only good at mounting checkpoints.
You keyboard warriors keep nagging like a pregnant woman, how do you expect villagers to protect themselves against bandits and herdsmen that have Ak 47, RPGs and AK 49 guns ??

It's just plain stupid to bring knives ,cutlass to a gun fight they'll be slaughtered like chickens. I also don't want to hear that they should buy arms, do you know how much guns cost Shay na people wey never chop go buy guns of 200k.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Ushman333: 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
Aganju849:

The military owes its relevance to the fact that the average Nigerian citizen is prohibited from lawfully bearing arms to protect his community/property, effectively placing self-defence outside the ambience of the law.

There is absolutely nohing special about soldiers, any monkey can strut around with an assault rifle. It's the same warped mentality that makes people like you worship 'bandits' and soil yourself at their approach - they have the guns, you don't.
Go bear arms... idiot, even nations where people bear arms still have military.

I wonder why you secessionists and terrorists like responding out of context. If you can't read, ignore and move on, enemies of the state are not welcome on nairaland.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by isaacprinz(m): 5:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

Ondo people should be on the red alert and protect themselves, because anytime soldiers are withdrawn from a place herdmen always seize the opportunity to attack.

By the way the soldiers are not always the one protecting and maintaining peace anywhere.
If you think I am lying you should ask yourself why the millitary has not been able to secure northern states where bandits are having a field.

It is ingrates like you that keep making demoralizing statements like this and when these soldiers have no zeal to fight innocent citizens are endangered. Sane and legal citizens of Nigeria know the sacrifices the Nigerian soldiers are making on a daily basis.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Covidodo: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Ibarapa people said the same thing but we saw how it ended in premium tears

Keep supporting evil .

Like I've said , I will be here to laugh you.

You think this war the fulani terrorists government has declared s against the south east only ...
The war is against the south east and south west ...

The war is more in the south east because the Igbo people are there only obstacle in conquering the south .
You mean your useless forebears were obstacle in 1945 too when aboki murdered them in their numbers ?
This is history repeating itself right under your nose.
Be enjoying in the south west while the army lay waste to your akpu land ..
The Northern gods are demanding for osu blood again and it must be appeased .
It happened in 1945 , 1967 and it's ongoing now .

Well I don't care because Ibo greed led us to where we are today .
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Slizzords: 5:34pm On Nov 03, 2021
Covidodo:

You mean your useless forebears were obstacle in 1945 too when aboki murdered them in their numbers ?
This is history repeating itself right under your nose.
Be enjoying in the south west while the army lay waste to your akpu land ..
The Northern gods are demanding for osu blood again and it must be appeased .
It happened in 1945 , 1967 and it's ongoing now .

Well I don't care because Ibo greed led us to where we are today .

If we look am well you no be Yoruba nor igbo , am a Yoruba through and through this is not the time to be throwing stones. This thing go reach everybody
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by sparko1(m): 5:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

They were never meant to be mounting checkpoints we are not at war, that's the job of the police and checkpoints are mostly as a result of a manhunt (not a daily fúcking routine).

I pray you encounter a situation you will wish there were millitary checkpoint on the road.

No police will wait when there is heavy fire, they will disappear in a moment, I have experience it, hate the millitary, but the fact that we are in Nigeria, the only capable hands against criminals are the millitary.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by tegrianonigltd(m): 5:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
Ushman333:

A terrorist spotted...go confront them then, your friends and siblings will come here to wail.

Before you see soldier abroad, meaning say WAR dey, even in South Africa, Morocco, here in UK, even in usa, when you see army, it means something huge, Nigeria own some do joint patrol, so tey army dey arrest yahoo boys for school lol � army dey follow go harass no 2 judiciary mama, soldier dey go burst kill and raid citizens, lol, reduced to rubbish, pack your load, find money come join us in SANITY, even your president the great, and his cocaine lord friend Jagaban Dey come relax for here where there is less noise and sanity at least. You no need insult me, just come and experience true nation, give your children a passport they can pick and travel anywhere in the world without queueing to collect visa like person wey wan write Jamb, if e go fail or not, when America give you passport, you know what they tell you? THE WORLD IS IN YOUR HANDS, no need insult me, or both of fighting because of these hoodlums who want us disunited for their selfish interests, we ought to be one. But see you calling me a terrorist. Lol � like sha.

I have a friend in the US army, he is a sergeant now, he uses iPhone 13 and has his own house, sergeant for Nigeria na poverty except he do real, dirty deals, fraudulent deals before he fit self. He travels round the world when he Dey leave. Nigeria is cursed. Rich living poorly. The cleanest places wey rich men Dey stay the politicians self na normal neighborhood for here.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Sammy07: 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2021
fergie001:

The Military is insisting that whilst they back Amotekun to fight crime, Amotekun always arrest people from a particular ethnic group which has angered their bosses in the Barracks, hence they have told Amotekun to fully take over and wished them good luck.

They also have stayed away from State Security Council meetings until something is done about it.

Cc: Sam.my07 omona.ijiria

They're mad, the Nigeria Military
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by lomprico(m): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
when will they withdraw from SE?
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by CaptainZubi: 6:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

They were never meant to be mounting checkpoints we are not at war, that's the job of the police and checkpoints are mostly as a result of a manhunt (not a daily fúcking routine).
You're no doubt one of the criminals.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Lokojatoofar: 6:45pm On Nov 03, 2021
Criminals have bribed them to disappear. Thats how they roll.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Buksaylor: 6:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
fergie001:

Daily Post

Because the Governor is against open grazing...
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by fergie001: 6:55pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sammy07:
They're mad, the Nigeria Military
Na so we see am.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by labisibrass(m): 6:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
tegrianonigltd:

Before you see soldier abroad, meaning say WAR dey, even in South Africa, Morocco, here in UK, even in usa, when you see army, it means something huge, Nigeria own some do joint patrol, so tey army dey arrest yahoo boys for school lol � army dey follow go harass no 2 judiciary mama, soldier dey go burst kill and raid citizens, lol, reduced to rubbish, pack your load, find money come join us in SANITY, even your president the great, and his cocaine lord friend Jagaban Dey come relax for here where there is less noise and sanity at least. You no need insult me, just come and experience true nation, give your children a passport they can pick and travel anywhere in the world without queueing to collect visa like person wey wan write Jamb, if e go fail or not, when America give you passport, you know what they tell you? THE WORLD IS IN YOUR HANDS, no need insult me, or both of fighting because of these hoodlums who want us disunited for their selfish interests, we ought to be one. But see you calling me a terrorist. Lol � like sha.

I have a friend in the US army, he is a sergeant now, he uses iPhone 13 and has his own house, sergeant for Nigeria na poverty except he do real, dirty deals, fraudulent deals before he fit self. He travels round the world when he Dey leave. Nigeria is cursed. Rich living poorly. The cleanest places wey rich men Dey stay the politicians self na normal neighborhood for here.

You're not very wise
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by APCNig: 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2021
Fasindo:
shocked

The soldiers definitely got instruction from the Patron of Fulani herdsmen hiding inside the Rock that his boys are on a mission to kill, to rape, to maim, and to destroy, so soldiers should leave the checkpoints in order to give his killer boys free hand to operate. But the good news is, Ondo people are ready for them. It will be fire for fire. Ondo is not Ekiti where the useless Fulani Slave governor called Ifayemi told killer Fulani herdsmen that Ekiti is their (Herdsmen) home. It's going to be bloody; Fulani herdsmen with the support of FG Versus Ondo people. It's about to go down.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Dreadful: 7:15pm On Nov 03, 2021
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Dreadful: 7:21pm On Nov 03, 2021
They withdrew the soldiers so that ISWAP would easily invade Yorubaland.
Most of you do not know what is happening.
The Fulani has declared war against the Nigeria state but most of you fools are busy talking rubbish over Biafra and Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Continue!
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:35pm On Nov 03, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Different strokes for different folks ... While some are expressing reservations and disaffection against withdrawal of soldiers from various checkpoints across the state, some are clamoring for removal of Army checkpoints on South-East roads ...

The life no balance true true tongue
Here in the East we fear army and police at checkpoint more than criminals. At least with criminals you can try to defend yourself or give th.what they want and go but with the inifoer men, you can't defend yourself in Nigeria self defense is a crime. Of they are hitting and kicking at you you just have to be thanking them. Theu will collect your money, beat you and still label you witj whatever crime they deem fit. They will create hold up not because they are doing stop and check but because they want to collectoney from everyone that passes them.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Babaken(m): 7:39pm On Nov 03, 2021
They are preparing for the second coming of the bandits that's why they clear road foe them no be Nigeria again.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:40pm On Nov 03, 2021
sparko1:

I pray you encounter a situation you will wish there were millitary checkpoint on the road.

No police will wait when there is heavy fire, they will disappear in a moment, I have experience it, hate the millitary, but the fact that we are in Nigeria, the only capable hands against criminals are the millitary.
As far as I'm concerned, the only people the military is capable of handling are unarmed civilians. They are also capable of harrassinf the same peot they were trained to protect and that's all. The real criminals are the one they protect and even call them Norma again/repentant Bandits.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:44pm On Nov 03, 2021
labisibrass:

You're not very wise

But I wise small Lol hehehe, share your wisdom with me Buhari first son
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by iyke2frankeze: 7:57pm On Nov 03, 2021
Only Southeastern lives matters, others can go to hell!
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by ThatFairGuy: 8:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
Exactly what's happening
fergie001:

Cc: Sam.my07 omonaijiria
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Dada4me: 8:31pm On Nov 03, 2021
They were doing police job, good that they left...
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by DeRichard(m): 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2021
fergie001:

Daily Post

It's best to call upon God for protection. With God no harm can come upon any people that trust in him.
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Blackdisciple(m): 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2021
Sorry oo because they are all going to Anambra state
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Cowbell521: 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2021
Na now una go know how useful our arm forces be. God go continue 2 dey bless NA
Re: Soldiers Withdraw From Checkpoints In Ondo, Residents Fear Criminal Invasion by Cowbell521: 9:49pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lokojatoofar:
Criminals have bribed them to disappear. Thats how they roll.
NA better than that. Una Civilian money no fit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Owes Us Uniform, Boot Allowances - Soldiers (Sahara Reporters) / Mob Lynch Suspected Suicide Bomber In Kano / B-reaking News!!!!!! Finally TB Joshua Announces The Coming Of Biafra.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.