Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,236 members, 7,829,427 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days (4321 Views)

UNILAG Convocation: Falola Advocates Study Of Ifa, Witchcraft In Universities / SSANU: Strike Looms In Universities As FG Fails April Deadline Agreement / Abolish Acceptance Fees In Universities - FG Gets 7-Day Ultimatum One Love Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by babasolution: 11:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
Can boys in universities explain the sudden slump in their performances, why is it that it's now the norm for girls to be best graduating students,not only that but in hitherto male dominated courses like engineering and medicine,this trend is happening in secondary and primary schools also,what is actually going on,what is really wrong with boys now?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by WoundedLamb: 1:02am On Nov 04, 2021
The same reason blacks are excelling in American universities. As a woman in Africa, you don't have the male privilege, you have to be extra to be regarded in society. Otherwise, you'd end up as a property owned by some man. This alone is enough driving force.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by PaNnamdi: 1:03am On Nov 04, 2021
babasolution:
Can boys in universities explain the sudden slump in their performances, why is it that it's now the norm for girls to be best graduating students,not only that but in hitherto male dominated courses like engineering and medicine,this trend is happening in secondary and primary schools also,what is actually going on,what is really wrong with boys now?
Because Nigeria is a failed society

A first class graduate would be learning tailoring

Only in Naija

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by dasparrow: 1:12am On Nov 04, 2021
babasolution:

Because African society pampers sons to the point that they spoil them so what do people expect? Of course, they will under perform academically.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by dasparrow: 1:13am On Nov 04, 2021
WoundedLamb:
The same reason blacks are excelling in American universities. As a woman in Africa, you don't have the male privilege, you have to be extra to be regarded in society. Otherwise, you'd end up as a property owned by some man. This alone is enough driving force.

Ain't that the truth! Well said.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by budaatum: 1:32am On Nov 04, 2021
The boys are learning to be pigs while the girls are learning to be women.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Hyperchi(m): 1:37am On Nov 04, 2021
coz who school help. PGD holder going for same job an Ssce holder is applying for

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by TarOrfeeek: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2021
The burden of provision placed on men does/will never help.

Most males from 100L have started to provide for themselves and their family at home.

What time does the person have to read properly. What time does he have to think properly.

You'll see parents send their daughters regular and larger upkeep (to dissuade their minds from prostitution).

But nobody sends regular and large upkeep to sons to dissuade their minds from theft or fraud.

Our economy is shambolic, Lecturers (mostly Simps) are willing to accept sexual gratification from these ladies to pass them. If a man hasn't any money to sort, he can't pass (where the money dey). There aren't as many Female Lecturers who the Males can lash (how many deeks can their cunt take?)

*Those head of fish brain fOoools offering useless arguments about men are ignorant.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Mohzus: 6:00am On Nov 04, 2021
A Nigeria male student would be thinking about his future and the uncertainties , then
he know he has to find a hustle to double up , how will he be able to cope with hustle and school , almost 75% of Nigeria male student start to make their own money by the 3rd year . don't blame anyone
How will they read when the best graduating student they run tutorial for inside campus instead of been employed .

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Nobody: 6:42am On Nov 04, 2021
Yahoo things on their minds.
The Get-rich-quick mentality has eaten deep into a lot of our male youth. So the interest in education in no longer there hence the drop in their academic performance.

You see them, all they do is carry phones and walking about aimlessly in groups of 4 & 5 looking for what is not lost. Theylll never read their books.
Then at night, you see them jumping into one of thems car and zooming off with speed as if being chased by something. I stay around major students hostels so I know what I'm talking about.

If you see these ones I'm talking about, very clean chaps o. As in.. ajebo to the kor but all they do is hang out and jive out.

May God help us.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Nobody: 7:03am On Nov 04, 2021
Because majority now believes that school is scam, and hoping to make it big through yahoo yahoo.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by RoyalBoutique(m): 7:06am On Nov 04, 2021
Yahoo and cultism

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by femi4: 7:07am On Nov 04, 2021
babasolution:
Distraction

Most guys in higher institutions are their family's bread winner

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Karleb(m): 7:08am On Nov 04, 2021
This is not true.

In my alma mater, the best graduating students for the past ten years have been male. For the fact that a few female graduated the best in their school or department wouldn't change the fact that male students are still doing better.

This is no sexism.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Gadafii: 7:28am On Nov 04, 2021
Because they are busy bombing sites, and making money.

They realized that when you concentrate well in school,come out with first class, or what ever, na POS agent u go later turn, so they make the ultimate sacrifice, either drop out and concentrate on scam or face school squarely and hope to be employed somewhere big

I knew of three friends back in school that dropped out in year 2 2016, they never went back to school, these guys are big now, with houses and cars, expensive cars oo.

While those of us who felt fruad isnt the way are either submitting applications up and down, or succumb to temptation and join the fraudster

Some of these guys have even relocated to Kenya and Ghana, away from this hot mess of a country

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by samuelpeters(m): 7:33am On Nov 04, 2021
babasolution:
Distractions here and there.
In higher institutions, you will find out that most guys are into something else. Things that will fetch money. After all, the end point of all these struggle is to make ends meet.

What is the gain of being the BGS and nothing to show for it later on.

©️2021.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Commentor: 7:58am On Nov 04, 2021
Gadafii:
Because they are busy bombing sites, and making money.

They realized that when you concentrate well in school,come out with first class, or what ever, na POS agent u go later turn, so they make the ultimate sacrifice, either drop out and concentrate on scam or face school squarely and hope to be employed somewhere big

I knew of three friends back in school that dropped out in year 2 2016, they never went back to school, these guys are big now, with houses and cars, expensive cars oo.

While those of us who felt fruad isnt the way are either submitting applications up and down, or succumb to temptation and join the fraudster

Some of these guys have even relocated to Kenya and Ghana, away from this hot mess of a country

They've gone to Ghana and Kenya to perpertate fraud but Nigeria is a hot mess.
Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Randy100: 8:11am On Nov 04, 2021
budaatum:

You deserve a better brain resetting slap. Your papa is learning to be a pig.
Back to the topic, the truth is that the women has the ability to cram and also the ability to retain, that is why they are good with theory. When it comes to practical aspect, they flop. I hope you get the point.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by siofra(f): 8:14am On Nov 04, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Most males from 100L have started to provide for themselves and their family at home.

What time does the person have to read properly. What time does he have to think properly.

You'll see parents send their daughters regular and larger upkeep (to dissuade their minds from prostitution).

But nobody sends regular and large upkeep to sons to dissuade their minds from theft or fraud.

Our economy is shambolic, Lecturers (mostly Simps) are willing to accept sexual gratification from these ladies to pass them. If a man hasn't any money to sort, he can't pass (where the money dey). There aren't as many Female Lecturers who the Males can lash (how many deeks can their cunt take?)

*Those head of fish brain fOoools offering useless arguments about men are ignorant.

This is not true at all. I'm a girl, my family does not give me upkeep money or anything. I've working since my 200lvl

The boys in my class are no longer focused in school because they are busy trying to get rich quick.

And most of them are absorbing useless information in the name of redpill. In fact in the Nigerian society boys are more pampered than girls. You'll see a girl going to school, working and her parents still expect her to take care of household chores while exempting her brothers.

A boy's useless behaviour will be excused as being man undecided but a girl will be crucified for that same thing.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by addictiv(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2021
Because women are more brilliant than men on average, secondly boys are under pressure to secure the bag too early these days that they channel their attention to many endeavours instead of focusing on education. However the problem this creates is that in future, we would have a high number of well educated women and a lower number of equally well educated men for them to marry. A lot of these women will be forced to settle for the lower class uneducated men... Judging from the hypergamous nature of the average black woman... Most would rather stay single or become a second wife or baby mama to the few more successful men on the same level or higher..
Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by iamyemiakins(m): 8:20am On Nov 04, 2021
The yahoo-fraud syndrome has taken over most boys these days, it's just how to make money, impress and oppress that's on their minds.

Even primary school pupils don dey do yahoo these days undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by lkillbrokehoes: 8:45am On Nov 04, 2021
Boys now focus on online business like cryptocurrency, digital marketing, yahoo yahoo

Since the government have failed them woefully, few years ago i met a first class graduate that was teaching in a secondary school and his salary was just 30k, the school he graduated from couldn't give him an automatic job or sponsor his masters and Phd because he's not an indigene of the state, he narrated his ordeal to me and I really pitied him

I collected his number and told him that I will get back to him, I contacted my uncle that works in Firs and narrated everything to him and he told me to tell the guy to submit his CV at the Abuja office, to cut the story short, the guy got the job and a fat salary and he kept thanking me afterwards.

However, it's not as if boys of these days aren't academically serious, they now believe that there aren't job in the country, so it's better for them to hustle hard than focusing on getting a first class degree that wouldn't guarantee them a good job.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Lordbinsmar: 9:10am On Nov 04, 2021
angry
Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by dopedan(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2021
Even if all the boys get first class nothing will change the country will continue sinking in poverty abi is it u that will give them jobs? We have enough graduates already if the country keeps going like this in the next 30 years school will cast in this country that is if you can afford fees by then unless u have plans for abroad which involves more money

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by tujays(m): 9:14am On Nov 04, 2021
PaNnamdi:

Because Nigeria is a failed society

A first class graduate would be learning tailoring

Only in Naija
what is wrong with a first class graduate learning tailoring? na this kind warped mentality make Nigeria a failed society. shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by juniorstar(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2021
babasolution:
Cos school ko jawo mo..during my undergrad day I bought lots of landed properties scattered all over Nigeria..from skill I learnt in school..in my year 1 i did so well but as time went by i lost interest in academic work just wanted to graduate..the two times i really read was when i wanted to gain admission and when i was about leaving cos i didn't want a resit. I was more into learning life skill like how to network, how to make sales, financial intelligence, how to market goods, crypto trading funny enough I lived a very quiet life didn't use an iPhone, didn't buy a car.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by JOACHINpedro: 9:42am On Nov 04, 2021
This thread is disgusting
budaatum:
Hope you can defend your gender when mosdii disciples start lashing on them.

#BringBackGenderUnity

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by 4gunners(m): 9:48am On Nov 04, 2021
WoundedLamb:
grin grin This your opinion though. Mention one male privilege, as I’m very curious.
Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by 4gunners(m): 9:52am On Nov 04, 2021
siofra:

This is not true at all. I'm a girl, my family does not give me upkeep money or anything. I've working since my 200lvl

The boys in my class are no longer focused in school because they are busy trying to get rich quick.

And most of them are absorbing useless information in the name of redpill. In fact in the Nigerian society boys are more pampered than girls. You'll see a girl going to school, working and her parents still expect her to take care of household chores while exempting her brothers.

A boy's useless behaviour will be excused as being man undecided but a girl will be crucified for that same thing.

You made some valid points, regarding the rush to get the bag. BTW, how does red-pill relate to this discussion?
Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by isaiah4life(m): 9:56am On Nov 04, 2021
This is a result of societal stereotypes and the philosophy of; I am schooling because I want to have money.

Money is now the yardstick for measuring success.

He is flooded with the mindset that I must provide. So, no time to sit down and compete.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:41am On Nov 04, 2021
BOYS OF TODAY HAVE DARK SOULS angry,because THEY DONT HAVE PROPER SPIRITUAL UPBRINGING. THEY INDULGE IN VULGARISMS FROM JUNK MUZIK TO JUNKY LIFE .MOST OF THEM ARE CARRIED AWAY BY FRENZY FASHION,SCAMM FOR QUICK CASH AND CRASS APETITE FOR GIRLS. angryGIRLS TOO ARE WORSE. IS ALL A SOCIETY OF POLLUTED YOUTHS. THEY ALL NEED SERIOUS SPIRITUAL DELIVERANCE TO RESET. undecided
Re: Why Are Boys Suddenly Not So Doing Well In Universities These Days by Biglittlelois(f): 10:53am On Nov 04, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

See excuses lmao cheesy

So what of guys from rich homes? What is their excuse for not being at the top since their parents can provide, cos you seem to be the ignorant one here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Laspotech Post Utme / Admission Into Command Secondary School 2019/2020 / Listed: 10 Nigerian Universities That Give Good Value For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.