Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,758 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:24 PM

Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" (32132 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo Likes And Comments On A Video Mocking Messi’s Ballon D’or. / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Mourinho Blames Rio Ferdinand And Paul Scholes For His Sack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by HBB1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
Lordave:
Lewy (For his individual display of immense talents, strength and skills. He’s extremely dangerous on and off the ball. His sight, agility and awareness. He knows where to be at the right time, he reads the movement of his players and already knows where they’re gonna deliver the ball at. Of course he won trophies with Bayern, BuLi and the Super Cup, played in the FIFA club World Cup this January and won the player of the tournament. He has scored about 60 goals this year despite playing less than Messi and MpaMbe)

Jorginho( For his consistency as the fulcrum of Chelsea all defensive and all attacking engine. When he’s not with the ball, he’s breaking dangerous attacks from opposing teams, a very good eye for goal for deep laying midfielder. Same with him playing in Italy, basically, that’s the reason he won the most important trophies of 2021)

MpaMbe( For his consistent individual display for both PSG and France, he’s scored almost same amount of goals as Messi this year and also won an International trophy like Messi. Made it to the Semis in UCL and Runner-Up in Ligue 1. Let’s just say he deserves a 3rd spot as much as Messi.)

The only person that deserves top 3 out of these 3 is Lewadonski.

How many Man of the Match performances did Jorghino have?
Individually was he bettter than De Bruyne or even Veratti?

Or it is just because he was in a trophy winning team?

Then Mbappe?
I dont think so. Not this year.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by HBB1(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:

Judge Jorginho on the position he plays, is there any player on Jorginho position better than him statistically both in the Champions League and euro tournament?
With such performances and Trophies to compliment it, you don't think he deserves the Ballon D'Or because according to you he's not a striker to score goals.
Kante was also outstanding winning champions league.

Unless you are basing the Ballon D'Or winners to be all about goals for strikers only

How do you mean statistically?

What statistics?

Penalties?
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
HBB1:

How do you mean statistically?

What statistics?

Penalties?

What's Jorginho's primary assignment?
Is it to score goals or to assists or to defend and intersect?
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
bayelsaowei:
so who ever has won the balon dor with this list? You left out international trophies..wayo

Can you name a player who won Ballon D'or with Copa America?
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 4:13pm On Nov 04, 2021
anonymous1759:

Do you’ve sense at all ? Did Messi come second?
If No then you’re talking nonsense.

You have sandstones in place of brains
Did Neymar finish second?
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by HBB1(m): 4:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:

What's Jorginho's primary assignment?
Is it to score goals or to assists or to defend and intersect?

How many times in that his primary assignment, was he so good that he won Man of the Match?

Or even next best (man-of-the-match)?

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
aldonio:
Messi was best last year but not at the moment.

Na achievement dn wen give no be current psg Messi lol..base on stats...na Messi.. na just jealousy dey worry dem

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bigchristo:
the polls are closed, the leaked results of the Ballon D’or shows Lewandoski as the winner they should not do wayo this time around
many leaked result...
Even Messi win for leak.base on stats, na Messi win sha

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Angelfrost:
Lewandoski should be given 2 Ballon D'Or awards ( including that for last year)... Meaning he should finish this year with 2 awards in his possession.

Anything other than this will be the biggest football robbery of the 21st Century.

Maybe they think we have forgotten the Wesley Sneijder goof/snub of years past!!!

Wetin una do when Dem rob sneijder . Just wail

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
Angelfrost:

True... They will get over it.

However, the reputation and respect of that award will die... It will wither so badly that it may never recover its significance for years to come.
reputation no die whenn dey rob sneijder lol

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
SEGLIZ:

you said it well not forgetting Frank Ribery and Arjen Robben. Xavi and Iniesta were slaved to messi, they do the job messi goes home with the glory.
Dem no rob give Ronaldo?
Xavi and iniesta no slave anything, Messi no shine when they comot? Nonsense

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:
Obviously, handing Messi this year's Ballon D'or will be disgusting and disgraceful.
He has done absolutely nothing to deserve to even be a contender.

Apart from winning the yearly Copa joke America which Neymar shared the best player award with him.
Diaz finished top scorer same tally with Messi.
What else did Messi achieve to be considered as a Ballon D'or contender?
the Copa joke y'all criticize him about...na thunder go fire you idiot

2 Likes

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by donforeign: 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Kingcalls:
The way this guy is going, he might even break messis 91 goals and Ronaldo's 17 champions league goals
No one cares...
Make e break ballln d or

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by Bigchristo: 4:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
emmyrate1:
but u can lie ehn, wonder who teaches u how to be good in lying
You’re still wondering who taught us how to lie? When uncle Lai himself is there dispensing lies angry grin grin grin
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by freesoul12: 4:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Plenty people go cry .. D award is for Messi.. Nothing fit stop dat
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
donforeign:
the Copa joke y'all criticize him about...na thunder go fire you idiot

Fire you, and your moronic buffoon parents.

When a 4 yearly tournament turned to yearly it becomes a joke
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by victooman: 4:45pm On Nov 04, 2021
Whobedatte:

They are now biased because your idol does not stand and gets a Balon shout-out .
When Ronaldo went trophy less in 2013 and a more deserving winner Frank Ribery lost , they are not biased .
You think football revolves around Nigeria ? You think journalists , team coaches , some with experience of over 50 years do not know whom is truly deserving of an award ?
You mean an award voters list are always published for public consumption for verification is biased to you ,so we should ignore and rather listen to you from Abakaliki who knows nothing about the game of football ?
Save your tears till Nov 29!!!!
guy calm down dont turn this to ronaldo and messi war, weather you consent to it or not the system surrounding balon d or is subject to bias voting and emotions, and that a person is into football does not mean they know everything about it, if not world class players like maradona , Henry, and schooles would not have been a total flop managing teams.

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
HBB1:

How many times in that his primary assignment, was he so good that he won Man of the Match?

Or even next best (man-of-the-match)?

Is man of the match awards the criterion for Ballon d'Or?

2 Likes

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by bayelsaowei(m): 4:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:

Can you name a player who won Ballon D'or with Copa America?
kindly tell me what ronaldo dilema and rivaldo won in the years 1997 and 1999 respectively to win world best?..??

I think you're obsessed with trophies ahead of actual contribution to team play and effort.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by mixta140: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Angelfrost:

I know... The question is not for you.

It was aimed at those using the Copa American excuse, especially when Messi has won the award in the past ahead of international trophy winners.
Smiles... oga ooo...
Make dem give lewa the guy don try oooo

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by victooman: 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
Angelfrost:

You actually sound pitiful and idiotic... No objectivity whatsoever!

You are a kid who knows nothing about football, and should never quote me again!
he is a small boy forget about him
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 5:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
bayelsaowei:
kindly tell me what ronaldo dilema and rivaldo won in the years 1997 and 1999 respectively to win world best?..??

I think you're obsessed with trophies ahead of actual contribution to team play and effort.

Ronaldo won it because of goals he scored, the same goals Messi fans are saying that 1 billion dribbles without resulting to goal is better than goal.
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by OmoAkin85: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:

Na you useless pass.
Go and check the awards and statistics
Messi and Neymar shared the best player of the tournament.
Messi and Diaz shared the golden boot
but why dem no give neymar award for final,try to get sense small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by bayelsaowei(m): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:

Ronaldo won it because of goals he scored, the same goals Messi fans are saying that 1 billion dribbles without resulting to goal is better than goal.
just goals scored abi? Messi also scored goals in Europe just like ronaldo did in 1997...

Oya tell me wetin rivaldo win with barca to win balon dor in 1999?

I want to let you know that effort is critical for clinching the balon dor...and may I remind you that those Brazilians also delivered in the copa america..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by bayelsaowei(m): 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
OmoAkin85:
but why dem no give neymar award for final,try to get sense small
grin grin..help me ask am oo...
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by OmoAkin85: 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
Nobody rub sneijer 2010.u people is just hating on the king since day 1,
Messi stat 2010
Champions league top scorer
Lalaiga top scorer
Laliga winner
European golden shoe winner

Sneijer stat
World cup winner
Seria winner
Lol so individually messi was a better player that year

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by OmoAkin85: 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
bayelsaowei:
grin grin..help me ask am oo...
there tears is loading.lewa wey get injury last year .wey no even they champions league scorer from 1 to 5.he only deserve 2019..but not this messi is miles ahead individually
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by youngreezy(m): 5:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
Angelfrost:

Don't flatter yourself you dimwit...

Nairaland is the only basis for you to deign to respond to me anyhow...

If na the real world, you can't even come close to my circle not to talk of attempting to insult me. You think I move in the midst of lowlifes and morons??! Lol.

Negro, avoid me abeg!!!... Go get a fvcking a education on manners!!! grin
mtcheew!! Mugu dy form lion online,no be only circle na triangle..i think say ur weight reach u for drop ur number or te me to drop my own make we see our face for watsap dn arrange meeting point..if u or any of ya mumu circle of friends survive,i go no say u be man.,make i avoid u sha,ur matter small
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by uniqueboi1(m): 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Victerica:
DJ,

Please, play us "cry me a river" by Justin Timberline.

I don screenshot this post for Penaldo fackboiz.
29th they must hear it.

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by anonymous1759(m): 5:48pm On Nov 04, 2021
Angelfrost:

Okay sir.... I will await the results then.

Still feel Lewy should win for this year and last year.

Your opinion without insult and hatred it’s acceptable. Let’s watch n see .
Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by HBB1(m): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2021
NORSIYK:

Is man of the match awards the criterion for Ballon d'Or?

Well it tells how well you really did across the year.

How influential you are in your team(s)

People are rated in each game.
People vote according to how good players were in games across the yeah.

So if a player was almost never the best player in a match, how can he be the best player in a year?

1 Like

Re: Ferdinand And Crouch Warn - Another Lionel Messi Ballon D'or Would Be "Travesty" by NORSIYK(m): 6:00pm On Nov 04, 2021
bayelsaowei:
just goals scored abi? Messi also scored goals in Europe just like ronaldo did in 1997...

Oya tell me wetin rivaldo win with barca to win balon dor in 1999?

I want to let you know that effort is critical for clinching the balon dor...and may I remind you that those Brazilians also delivered in the copa america..

What did Owen win in 2001 that made him win Ballon d'Or?
What about Nedved in 2003?
Shevchenko 2004 nko?
Ronaldinho 2005 also?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Adidas Unveils Balls For Russia 2018 World Cup / Mohammed Sumaila Signs For Turkish Yörükalispor For 4.35 Litres Of Olive Oil / James Rodriguez In Tears After Colombia 2018 World Cup Exit (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.