Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong (227 Views)

2800-Year-Old Inscription Affirms Bible Character, Balaam Whose Donkey Talked To / Man Narrates His Encounter With An Electrician Who Thinks He Is A Prophet / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by anu3: 1:55pm On Nov 04, 2021
2Pet.2.1 - But there were also False Prophets in Israel, just as there will be False Teachers among you. They will cleverly teach their destructive heresies about God and even turn against their Master who bought them. Theirs will be a swift and terrible end.

2Pet.2.2 - MANY will follow their evil teaching and shameful immorality. And because of them, Christ and his true way will be slandered.

Telling Religious Lies to make money:

2Pet.2.3 - In their GREED they will make up CLEVER LIES to get hold of YOUR MONEY. But God condemned them long ago, and their destruction is on the way.

★ Many are loose sexually and lead others to be loose as well:

2Pet.2.14 - They commit adultery with their eyes, and their lust is never satisfied. They make a game of luring unstable people into sin. They train themselves to be GREEDY; they are doomed and cursed.

2Pet.2.15 - They have wandered off the right road and followed the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved to earn money by doing wrong.

2Pet.2.20 - And when people escape from the wicked ways of the world by learning about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and then get tangled up with sin and become its slave again, they are worse off than before.
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by anu3: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
Rom.8.13 - For if you (**if you christians) live according to the sinful nature, YOU WILL DIE (**eternally in Hell); but if by the Spirit you PUT TO DEATH the misdeeds of the body, you will live (**eternally in Heaven),

Peace...
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
Balaam type of teachers that exactly what Peter was saying in second Peter

Note there are two types of death in the Bible

Don't ever put second death into the scriptures of the place where Bible talks about first death
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by anu3: 5:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
Balaam type of teachers that exactly what Peter was saying in second Peter

Note there are two types of death in the Bible

Don't ever put second death into the scriptures of the place where Bible talks about first death

As I said, I don't argue bro. I was done with you already on your thread. I don't try to proof anything at all cost to people: you can believe what you like or want. But for me, I believe Jesus' words. "Go and sin no more, lest a worst thing happens. The worst thing I know is to be cast into Hell; He said don't fear one who can Kill the Body, but God who can cast into Hell (spiritual death).

Ask Judas (who even had close contact with Jesus) and others who were once saved and later backslid and went to hell. Peter had to Repent after denying Jesus too, or he wouldn't need to. Jesus told christians in churches in Revelation to REPENT. If they were forever saved before, they wouldn't need to. But they were warned strongly.

There's physical death (body), and Spiritual death (to be cast into Hell, which I believe Paul was talking about in Romans 8:13--you don't need to agree, but I have no doubt).

Okay, I'll close with these:

Luke.8.13 - They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

Gal.5.21 - envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you (***you christians) in time past, that those who practice such things WILL NOT INHERIT the kingdom of God.

You still hold firmly your teaching that says Once you're saved you're saved even if you continue to Sin? Okay... But not for me. And you might as well ignore this thread.

Thanks.

Goodbye.
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
anu3:

As I said, I don't argue bro. I was done with you already on your thread. I don't try to proof anything at all cost to people: you can believe what you like or want. But for me, I believe Jesus' words. "Go and sin no more, lest a worst thing happens. The worst thing I know is to be cast into Hell; He said don't fear one who can Kill the Body, but God who can cast into Hell (spiritual death).

Ask Judas (who even had close contact with Jesus) and others who were once saved and later backslid and went to hell. Peter had to Repent after denying Jesus too, or he wouldn't need to. Jesus told christians in churches in Revelation to REPENT. If they were forever saved before, they wouldn't need to. But they were warned strongly.

There's physical death (body), and Spiritual death (to be cast into Hell, which I believe Paul was talking about in Romans 8:13--you don't need to agree, but I have no doubt).

Okay, I'll close with these:

Luke.8.13 - They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation FALL AWAY.

Gal.5.21 - envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you (***you christians) in time past, that those who practice such things WILL NOT INHERIT the kingdom of God.

You still hold firmly your teaching that says Once you're saved you're saved even if you continue to Sin? Okay... But not for me. And you might as well ignore this thread.

Thanks.

Goodbye.

This is not my teaching it the word of God

Luke.8.13

This place is not talking about those saved

Pick the place Jesus said the sower sow the seed on fertile ground and see what the word did after Jesus sow the seed by himself

You always mix scriptures and become confused you can believe what you want

Those of us who are saved know we can never lose our salvation

I can even bet you don't speak in tongues you are growing with time you will get to our level then you will understand
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Dtruthspeaker: 5:54pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

This is not my teaching it the word of God

Luke.8.13

This place is not talking about those saved

Pick the place Jesus said the sower sow the seed on fertile ground and see what the word did after Jesus sow the seed by himself

You always mix scriptures and become confused you can believe what you want

Those of us who are saved know we can never lose our salvation

I can even bet you don't speak in tongues you are growing with time you will get to our level then you will understand

If Balaam was in our days, you would have called him "saved" for he was Truly a prophet of God.

Yet, by one Unrighteousness was All it took for An Angel to be sent down to Immediately Cut him off.

Same for Solomon who even heard from God.

But as I have said before, you think that by the consistency of your wishes, it shall be established.

The exact same power the satanist and anti-Christ are using to wish Judgment Day and Lake of Fire Away.
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by anu3: 5:58pm On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Bishopkingsley(m): 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

If Balaam was in our days, you would have called him "saved" for he was Truly a prophet of God.

But one Unrighteousness was All it took for An Angel to be sent down to Cut him off.

Same for Solomon who even heard from God.

But as I have said before, you think that by the consistency of your wishes, it shall be established.

The exact same power the satanist and anti-Christ are using to wish Judgment Day and Lake of Fire Away.

In this world of anxiety and fear, it is a radical thing to proclaim the eternal security of the believer: One with the Lord, your future is the same as his. No one can snatch you from his hand; nothing can separate you from his love.

Yet every time I say stuff like this, someone will point to 2 Peter 2 as though this one chapter could undo the many promises of God and make Christ’s saving work of no effect.

“Peter writes about Christians who forsook the Lord and were condemned,” they say. “So much for once saved, always saved.”

Hardly a month goes by when I don’t have occasion to talk about 2 Peter 2. In this chapter, Peter warns about false teachers who deny the Lord and teach heresy. Let there be no doubt he is not referring to Christians. These people are slaves of depravity (v.19) who never stop sinning (v.14). They are not saints but brute beasts who are condemned to perish (v.12).

But were these sinners once saints? Were they Christians who lost the way, and fell beyond the reach of grace?

This is an important question, because if they were once saved, then you can lose your salvation. Just as these false teachers were doomed to reap “swift destruction,” you too could be headed for hell – if you don’t take care.

Is Peter talking about backslidden Christians?

According to nearly every fake commentary I have read, the fake answer is yes. “These were genuine Christians they say who turned their back on God and will now get a worse punishment than the one who never met Jesus.”

Oh happy day.

Even certain grace teachers who have no complete knowledge of Christ are convinced that Peter is describing former Christians who are now damned. But were these people ever saved? At first glance, the fake evidence seems clear enough.

But if you read carefully you will see note for Peter says these false teachers…

– have left the right way and gone astray (v.15)
– have escaped the defilements of the world only to become entangled again (v.20)
– once knew the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (v.20) and the way of righteousness (v.21)
– have returned to the muck like a pig (v.22)

So notice even today and in the time of Peter those Fake preachers will say there you have it. Close your Bibles and get busy working out your salvation (this is according to those who don't know Bible) because if you don’t stay on the right way you’re doomed that is what they say. Like these guys. “Blackest darkness is reserved for them” (v.17). And you too if you’re not careful.

And yet, don’t you find it interesting that Peter never says, “Be warned, dear friends, what happened to them could happen to you”?

He never says it because it CANNOT happen.
It can never happen to a saved child of God, The very idea that our sins could outlast God’s grace is absurd.
It totally insane for people to think our sin is stronger than God grace.

Answer

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: You may shipwreck your faith, and go astray, but your heavenly Father will never abandon or forsake you. What the Lord begins he finishes.

So how do we read 2 Peter 2?

The key to unlocking this passage is Balaam:

They (the false teachers) have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Bezer, who loved the wages of wickedness. (2 Peter 2:15)

Balaam the prophet was recruited by the king of Moab to curse the children of Israel (Numbers 22-24). But after encountering the Lord three times – one encounter famously involved a talking donkey and an angel – Balaam did a volte-face and blessed the children of Israel instead.

Smart man, that Balaam.

The Moabite king was furious that Balaam had not done what he asked. So Balaam, perhaps realizing he was about to be sent home empty-handed, taught the king how to defeat Israel (Rev 2:14). Long story short, the men of Israel were seduced by Moabite women and turned away from the Lord (Num 25:1-3). They were on the doorstep of the Promised Land yet they almost never entered, all because of greedy Balaam.

Not so smart man, that Balaam.

The Israelites eventually repented and pressed on to Canaan. On the way they killed the false prophet Balaam who had done them so much harm (Num 31:8...

Bye bye, Balaam.

When Peter says, “These false teachers are just like Balaam,” he’s saying they are on the wrong side of God. “By perverting the gospel, they are trying to curse what God has blessed. And like Balaam, they will come to a bad end.”

With this key in hand, we can now unlock the difficult verses of 2 Peter 2.

Who are the followers of Balaam?

Verse 15: They have forsaken the right way, and gone astray, following the way of Balaam who loved the wages of unrighteousness…

Peter is not describing Christians but people who have known the right way – as Balaam did – and rejected it. Balaam had a personal encounter with the Lord. He heard God speak and he knew his heart. But when the money was on the table, Balaam made the wrong choice. He opposed what God was doing, just as false teachers do whenever they pervert the gospel.

Verse 20: For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world by the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and are overcome, the last state has become worse for them than the first.

Balaam initially stood up to the king of Moab, yet he never aligned himself with the Lord. Which was strange. If the Israelites were as blessed as he said, why not join them? Why stay with the cursed king of Moab?

The prophet was like those Hebrews who escaped the defilements of Egypt but did not enter the Promised Land. They came out but never went in. They died in the wilderness on account of unbelief.

Verse 21: For it would be better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn away from the holy commandment handed on to them.

The one who rejects the way of righteousness (the gospel) is worse off than the one who has not heard it because he has hardened his heart to that which could save him. He has refused the Lord’s holy command to “repent and believe the good news” (see 1 John 3:23).

I hope you can see that a follower of Balaam is not a follower of Jesus. It is someone who has heard and rejected the gospel. They’ve had an encounter with the Lord but turned their back. They’ve tasted the bread of life and spat it out. They have not responded with faith to the grace of God.

Verse 22: It has happened to them according to the true proverb, “A dog returns to its own vomit,” and, “A sow, after washing, returns to wallowing in the mire.”

A Christian is not a dog or a pig! A washed sow remains a sow, but a Christian is a brand new creation.

If you don’t know about your union with Christ, you may fall for the lie that says you can lose your salvation. You may even think that Peter is describing condemned Christians.

Fear not; there is no such thing.

YOU CAN NEVER LOSE YOUR SALVATION

It was after I explained this verse to anu3

https://www.nairaland.com/6827310/never-lose-salvation#107327317

That he open Balaam thread

Each time I shut people mouth they open thread trying to justify their thinking because they don't know Bible

As for you Dtruthspeaker: you don't follow the commandment of Jesus as long as you go about with your sinful mindset thinking you can abuse people for God and kill people for God you don't know what you are even doing

You need to repent and ask Jesus to come into your life
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by anu3: 6:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Dtruthspeaker: 6:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

As for you Dtruthspeaker: you don't follow the commandment of Jesus as long as you go about with your sinful mindset thinking you can abuse people for God and kill people for God you don't know what you are even doing

You need to repent and ask Jesus to come into your life

Now, you Falsely and Wickedly lAccuse me of murder, no problem, I await The Lord for His Justice.

Secondy, On abuse of people, it is written "Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I WILL MOCK when your fear cometh;

The Lord shall Judge All.
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Bishopkingsley(m): 6:34pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Now, you Falsely Accuse me of murder, no problem, I await The Lord for Justice..

On abuse of people, it is written "Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded;

25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof:

26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I WILL MOCK when your fear cometh;

1 John 3:15 ►
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

New Living Translation
Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.

Matthew 5:22
nd whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall. say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Is because you don't know the Bible that why you don't know that scripture equate hate to murderer..... When you abuse someone and hate someone you already killed them in your heart

But because you don't know Jesus that why you don't follow the Bible

You abuse some one you are in danger of going to hell

You don't know God who you use his name to disobey his word
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Dtruthspeaker: 6:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

1 John 3:15 ►
Anyone who hates a brother or sister is a murderer, and you know that no murderer has eternal life residing in him.

New Living Translation
Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.

Matthew 5:22
nd whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall. say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Is because you don't know the Bible that why you don't know that Jesus equate hate to murderer..... When you abuse someone and hate someone you already killed them in your heart

But because you don't know Jesus that why you don't follow the Bible

You abuse some one you are in danger of going to hell

You don't know God who you use his name to disobey his word

Did I not say The Lord will Judge All?

The mere fact that you forget what things The Lord Hates, does not mean I do.

It is Written
These six things doth THE LORD HATE: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A False Witness That Speaketh Lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I choose the Judgment of The Lord, so it is sufficient that you have accused me all these things and advanced your case. Thus, let us wait for The Lord's Judgement.

Leave me alone.
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Did I not say The Lord will Judge All?

The mere fact that you forget what things The Lord Hates, does not mean I do.

It is Written
These six things doth THE LORD HATE: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,

19 A False Witness That Speaketh Lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

I choose the Judgment of The Lord, so it is sufficient that you have accused me all these things and advanced your case. Thus, let us wait for The Lord's Judgement.

Leave me alone.

Am not holding you the holy spirit will be the one to convict you of sin he is the one you should say to leave you not Me

His words will hit you until you repent stop using God name to do evil Jesus never command us to abuse or do such repent ask God to forgive you for the evil things you have used his name to do and using scriptures to justify your evil mindset

Repent before it becomes to late I say this because I love you
Re: Balaam, A Prophet Who Loved To Earn Money By Doing Wrong by anu3: 11:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
anu3:
Rom.8.13 - For if you (**if you christians) live according to the sinful nature, YOU WILL DIE (**eternally in Hell); but if by the Spirit you PUT TO DEATH the misdeeds of the body, you will live (**eternally in Heaven),

Peace...

Rom.6.12 - Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you (**you christians) should obey it in its lusts.

Rom.6.23 - For the wages of sin is death (**hell), but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(1) (Reply)

Does These Bible Passages Contradict The Saying That' Christ Came For All?' / The Power Of Psalms: 13 Psalms That Can Set You Free From Evil Bondage / Alert��� New Episode: MFM G.O Drama Skit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.