Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) (61328 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by jaybenugo: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
A man took to Facebook to narrate how he escaped during the Ikoyi building collapse that occured on Monday, IgbereTV reports.

The man identified as Innocent Xylvestre Denavide on Facebook said he was working in the Ikoyi building before the building collapsed. He shared a photo describing the point he was when the building started to collapse.

He wrote;

"Still Can't find The boy (Joseph) in green shirt yet. He was an apprentice carrying blocks to floor number 12. Alongside him on that floor is Dandiga and Marcial.

I was standing at the point where the Green arrow is. I had just came down from the 3rd floor where I ate my lunch and kept the reserved food in my bag to be eaten in the evening. I used the stairs. The boys have exhausted the plaster sand so I ordered for more at around 2pm and I was waiting for the guy (tractor driver) to bring it with his tractor. Was standing there so I will him where exactly I want it offloaded and then I heard the crack sound. Saw the pillars giving way and God took it from there. How I ran fast in 3 seconds is absolutely God's work like Elijah did ran before king Ahab. Thank you Jesus"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217501745455910&id=1844599766

He also wrote;

"So I'm still alive...God is great"
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217501501249805&id=1844599766

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Fahdiga(m): 5:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
This is a sad incident. Quite sad. Thank God for your life

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by PlayMaker14: 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
Life is truly the Master of Disguise, Sometimes, it's just like a little flower, Today, it's HERE, Tommorow, it's GONE... The young man carrying block on his head in the picture is now buried in Blocks.

You were given a second chance by your creator.... Use it wisely.

292 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by obojememe: 5:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
lucky for d winner ,
we thank God

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by yinkus6750(m): 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
Not yet your time.
Too close.
Thank God for you.
May the souls of the departed RIP

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Alwaysachick: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2021
Just imagine the tiny pillar carrying a 21storey building, evil

Thank God for your life

224 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Odoogu(m): 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
Without prejudice, every established authority associated with this building from approval till date should be throughly investigated. This is just sheer wickedness. No be until you carry knife kill person.

The cocoa house has more than 23 floors and still standing erect till date.

244 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by illicit(m): 5:51pm On Nov 04, 2021
Na wa o
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by marveangel(m): 6:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
Lucky guy

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Abbeyme: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Oh my God!!

Thank God for your life.

Btw. How can those tiny and widely spaced pillars hold a 21-storey building.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by JayTripz(m): 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Omooooo!!!

Thank God for ur life Bro....you be real living testimony.......We thank God

6 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by gosillamani: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
angry thanks to God
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Bamzyriches451: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2021
Thank God for your life Mr innocent

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by JavaScript90: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Anybody that escaped this tragedy must have been a very selfless person in his past life. Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by money121(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ok
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by jericco1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Lucky nigga

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Loverofpeace: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
People usually call me Waka Waka but it has saved my life my times,they was a say i left our shop to to go see a girl in the next street,only to come back and see that a branch of tree has fallen in front of our shop,it broke our show glass to pieces infact it fell the exact spot i use to sit and broke the arm of the chair you see how God and Waka Waka saved me .it's grace Sha..

Wooowww YABATECH has just extended the deadline for partime form sales till further notice but it is advisable to purchase the form early now so you can make the first list coming out December, we are here to make your Admission an easy one, if interested click the link below to get all info you need.

https://www.nairaland.com/6806313/yabatech-part-time-form-2021-2022

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by chumaZ(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Real men don't fear death, he's just lucky. If his time was up, doubt he'll be posting pictures by now

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by melaniaup: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Lucky guy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by gasparpisciotta: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
Remember Tower of Babel?

He wanted a 360 degrees of Lagos but posterity has other plans...

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by id4sho(m): 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
shocked
sorrows, blood and tears
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by HEBEI: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
That's mother luck in action.
An act of God's grace and goodness.

3 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by SEGLIZ: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
thank God for him.

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by timefarm(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
How the slabs pile up so perfectly like that still suprises me.
Is there no colums and beams supporting it? That should have created some spaces in between the slabs...

66 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by wunmi590(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021

God still need you, and gave you a second chance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Oduduwa707: 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
It's really sad that this guy is a Graduate of Economics at OOU. I read his story yesterday on LinkedIn.

Very sad indeed that he had to do this to fend for his family.

Yet we have some lazy fools blaming everything else for being broke.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by ecomalchemist(m): 6:24pm On Nov 04, 2021
Godwin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Mayour11(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
It is well. You were fortunate this time.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by KarlWhyte(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Its well
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Curious345: 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Arrest sanwoolu and hamzat immediately..

7 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by sotall(m): 6:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
tongue
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by olaboy33(m): 6:26pm On Nov 04, 2021
I actually wonder what would remain of the 2 buildings.

Would LASG approve anyone to proceed with developing them ?

Even if approval is given, Would anyone be confident enough to live there considering what happened to the third.

39 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Technology Of Block Making / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos) / Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.