Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,670 members, 7,820,353 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) (61330 Views)

Photos From The Scene Of The Ikoyi Building Collapse (Graphic) / Driver Weeps As His Passenger Is Trapped In The Ikoyi Collapsed Building / A-4 Storey Building Collapsed At Itafaaji, Lagos Island, Children Feared Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by b3llo(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Thank God u no dey Japan. People would have made redicule of you and called you a coward for running away from death.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Komu1048(m): 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
jaybenugo:
A man took to Facebook to narrate how he escaped during the Ikoyi building collapse that occured on Monday, IgbereTV reports.

The man identified as Innocent Xylvestre Denavide on Facebook said he was working in the Ikoyi building before the building collapsed. He shared a photo describing the point he was when the building started to collapse.

He wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217501745455910&id=1844599766

He also wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217501501249805&id=1844599766

So u contributed to the inferior materials that led to the collapse. Whattype of sand did u ordered for?
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
Haakeem:
this is not the right time to start any religious blahblah,but you are on point sha. IMAGINE.
this ain't about religion bla bla stuff.

Let give appreciation to those who deserves it
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by MrJames007: 7:04pm On Nov 04, 2021
timefarm:
How the slabs pile up so perfectly like that still suprises me.
Is there no colums and beams supporting it? That should have created some spaces in between the slabs...
I’m surprised, too. Not even 1 pillar remained intact in between.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by macaranta(m): 7:05pm On Nov 04, 2021
Someone was carrying blocks on their head to the 12th floor? What did I just read? Smh

5 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by gasparpisciotta: 7:06pm On Nov 04, 2021
FlipModeSquade:
God has a plan..

And he decided to murder tens of innocent people..

To actualize it?

Story of Religion..

Incoherent mishmash.. sad

Posterity is what our God

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Jeffy1206(m): 7:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
Those pillars look small for that kind of building na shocked

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Slimm01: 7:10pm On Nov 04, 2021
olaboy33:
I actually wonder what would remain of the 2 buildings.

Would LASG approve anyone to proceed with developing them ?

Even if approval is given, Would anyone be confident enough to live there considering what happened to the third.
Why won't people live there? Are they the ones that killed the people that died? Didn't lekki Gardens building not collapsed in 2016 killing about 40 workers? Are people not staying there now as one of the most exotic posh estates in Lagos?
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Orpe7(m): 7:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
What if this is one final destination shit and the grim reaper is still lurking in the corner for that nigger
Baba better run go church o

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by dannex4adx(m): 7:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
jaybenugo:
A man took to Facebook to narrate how he escaped during the Ikoyi building collapse that occured on Monday, IgbereTV reports.

The man identified as Innocent Xylvestre Denavide on Facebook said he was working in the Ikoyi building before the building collapsed. He shared a photo describing the point he was when the building started to collapse.

He wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217501745455910&id=1844599766

He also wrote;

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10217501501249805&id=1844599766

THANK YOU JESUS!
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by mayorofyentown(m): 7:25pm On Nov 04, 2021
Alwaysachick:
Just imagine the tiny pillar carrying a 21storey building, evil

Thank God for your life
was about saying this
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by dinomcjohn: 7:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
Thank God for the young man's life. It can only be God! All praise to God Almighty forever. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Automolite: 7:29pm On Nov 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Remember Tower of Babel?
He wanted a 360 degrees of Lagos but posterity has other plans...
Aspanu Aspanu.. wink
..very mad set of characters.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Germi9: 7:32pm On Nov 04, 2021
Are those the weak pillars underneath that held a 21 storey building?? Damn!!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by eejo(m): 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
I don't need anyone to tell me looking at the picture that the building is just seconds from disaster. 21 storey building with pillars like Vultures legs. The Engineer, officer in town planning who approved the building show be behind bars . The Nigeria police should get them arrested immediately.

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by anytexy: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2021
timefarm:
How the slabs pile up so perfectly like that still suprises me.
Is there no colums and beams supporting it? That should have created some spaces in between the slabs...
Me too don dey reason am Tete.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by anytexy: 7:39pm On Nov 04, 2021
eejo:
I don't need anyone to tell me looking at the picture that the building is just seconds from disaster. 21 storey building with pillars like Vultures legs. The Engineer, officer in town planning who approved the building show be behind bars . The Nigeria police should get them arrested immediately.
Flamingo leg not vulture. Vulture leg big nau.
So, sad.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by wink2015(m): 7:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
Odoogu:
Without prejudice, every established authority associated with this building from approval till date should be throughly investigated. This is just sheer wickedness. No be until you carry knife kill person.

The cocoa house has more than 23 floors and still standing erect till date.

The Cocoa House that was built by Chief Obafemi Awolowo.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Thebraveman: 7:47pm On Nov 04, 2021
Thank God for your life
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by jesus19984: 7:49pm On Nov 04, 2021
How and why the government (both Lagos state and Federal) can't stop these menace of skyscrapers on the island that's waterlogged baffles my imagination.

May God grant eternal rest to the dead in JESUS NAME.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by officialfestus(m): 7:52pm On Nov 04, 2021
gasparpisciotta:
Remember Tower of Babel?

He wanted a 360 degrees of Lagos but posterity has other plans...
lolz
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by okey4reel(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
JavaScript90:
Anybody that escaped this tragedy must have been a very selfless person in his past life. Hello, I am a fullstack web developer. I develop all types of website. I major in developing complex custom website for businesses and startups. If you have an idea and need a competent programmer to translate your idea into codes, I am the right man for the job.
I also have a nice real estate website for sale specially designed for the Nigerian market
Click my username to see my WhatsApp number on my profile
Do u develop apps?
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Newboss(m): 8:03pm On Nov 04, 2021
Alwaysachick:

Thank God for your life

Tiny pillar? Lol.

It's not by size but by strength. Some tiny pillar strong pass big pillars

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by JavaScript90: 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
okey4reel:

Do u develop apps?
Yes
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by junique629(f): 8:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
My exact thought oo, thosepillers dont even look like they can carry 3storeys let alone 21 and i hear more were being added,whats wrong with this country, rip to the dead cry
Alwaysachick:

Thank God for your life
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by zoedew: 8:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
Alwaysachick:

Thank God for your life
Can’t believe it! Those Town Planning Folks are largely rotten in their generation Since the late ‘70’s. They will mark a building with construction issues and the next thing you’ll see the building fully constructed without The Town Planning Authorities removing it. All over Nigeria it is so. Their hands are full of blood! The suspended GM must be prosecuted to the full extent of the Law!! Head or Tail he is complicit in the situation.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by Fredmatic(m): 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2021
Alwaysachick:

Thank God for your life

That was they first thing I notice, when I saw it on TV my God those pillars are really tiny for such a building . What was the contractor thinking

1 Like

Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by zoedew: 8:23pm On Nov 04, 2021
olaboy33:
I actually wonder what would remain of the 2 buildings.

Would LASG approve anyone to proceed with developing them ?

Even if approval is given, Would anyone be confident enough to live there considering what happened to the third.
Crush them! The law in Lagos is that the land where such collapse occurs is surrendered and or taken over by the LASG.
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:27pm On Nov 04, 2021
macaranta:
Someone was carrying blocks on their head to the 12th floor? What did I just read? Smh

Noo. Didn't you see the elevator in beside the green arrow? I
Re: Man Narrates How He Escaped While The Ikoyi Building Collapsed (Photos) by armyofone(m): 8:31pm On Nov 04, 2021
Odoogu:
Without prejudice, every established authority associated with this building from approval till date should be throughly investigated. This is just sheer wickedness. No be until you carry knife kill person.

The cocoa house has more than 23 floors and still standing erect till date.

Cocoa house - I read white contractors managed the building of cocoa house. That should tell you something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Technology Of Block Making / A Clay House With Two Air-Conditions In Benin Spotted By A Nairalander (Photos) / Cost Of Plastering A 4 Flat Building.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.