Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,726 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:11 AM

Raising A Gsd - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Raising A Gsd (469 Views)

Please Is She A GSD?? Or What Breed Is She? / Feeding Plan For A GSD Puppy. Help! / 25k or exchange with a gsd pup of either sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Raising A Gsd by hojulari: 10:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
The journey has been strange but interesting. I decided to buy a puppy with the hope that it will learn to protect and guard our home. It's was my very 1st puppy. I purchased MASCOT my male GSD about 1yr 3 months ago. I purchased a slant gsd and it died after a week from pavo virus. I was disappointed especially with how deceitful and unapologetic the seller behaved. Shortly after that I purchased another Gsd also named Mascot. Once I purchased Mascot I felt that a second dog wouldn't be a bad idea so I purchased another female GSD from a different seller. So within a 3 days I became a the owner of two gsd, Mascot & Yayi.

Photo of the 1st day are attached below

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Raising A Gsd by hojulari: 10:42pm On Nov 04, 2021
hojulari:
The journey has been strange but interesting. I decided to buy a puppy with the hope that it will learn to protect and guard our home. It's was my very 1st puppy. I purchased MASCOT my male GSD about 1yr 3 months ago. I purchased a slant gsd and it died after a week from pavo virus. I was disappointed especially with how deceitful and unapologetic the seller behaved. Shortly after that I purchased another Gsd also named Mascot. Once I purchased Mascot I felt that a second dog wouldn't be a bad idea so I purchased another female GSD from a different seller. So within a 3 days I became a the owner of two gsd, Mascot & Yayi.

Photo of the 1st day are attached below
Re: Raising A Gsd by Henuell(m): 9:05am On Nov 05, 2021
nice dogs u gat hope you'll keep us updated

1 Like

Re: Raising A Gsd by hojulari: 6:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
[b][/b][quote][/quote]The gradual transition of Mascot (2-4)months. Pictures of Yayi will also be posted

1 Share

Re: Raising A Gsd by oluseye3etoade: 2:08am On Nov 06, 2021
okay
Re: Raising A Gsd by Haroldjunior: 7:15am On Nov 06, 2021
He’s a good one.
Re: Raising A Gsd by hojulari: 7:47am On Nov 06, 2021
The problem I ran into is deciding what to feed the dogs and how to train them. I wanted to feed them healthy food so the puppies would grow well. I found out real quick that dog food are expensive. I went with dry and wet can food. It's essential that puppies are feed with good nutrients so they can reach their potential. Started off with a recommended local dry food brand but then i realized that the nutrients were not sufficient. I eventually decided to go with the Purina brand that is cost efficient.
Another problem I faced was an under performing security man that often under performed. He abandoned the dogs while no eyes were on him. He took the dogs on walks where they were susceptible and exposed to ticks.
The dogs were attacked by ticks shortly after their 5th month. We noticed that they weren't eating and upon the vet's visit, we found out that dogs had were attacked by ticks.
The guard was negligent, he failed to adequately care for the dogs as a result of his actions the dogs had minor setback but after treatment by the vet they quickly recovered.
They were given 2 or 3 rounds of vaccinations, tick shampoo and powder were used to control the situation. The entire yard was heavily fumigated to prevent and eliminate any ticks that might have dropped in my compound.
Attached below are pictures of both Yayi and Mascot after recovery at about 6month

1 Share

Re: Raising A Gsd by hojulari: 7:59am On Nov 06, 2021
Again I've decided to share the transformation and journey of Yayi & Mascot because I have benefited from the stories and pictures people shared on this platform.
Below are pictures of Mascot from months 4-6.

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

3 Yrs Solid Female Rott Is Available. / Eskimo Puppies For Sale / Good Dey Ladies And Gentleman I Present You Geese's Birds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.