Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. (445 Views)

How I Got Scammed Of ₦150,000 On Fairmoney / I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. / Man Commits Suicide After He Was Scammed Of 6 Months Visa By An Agent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by ocloud(m): 9:29am On Nov 05, 2021
My case with fairmoney was a different case sitting in the devil's conner awaiting trial.
It happens that I got a loan of 30k from them and I was contemplating getting a higher loan of 80k as soon as I settle the 30k. This purpose of this 80k was to add to 150k to pay house rent. One day some unknown guys came to my working place to advertise a loan offer from a company I find out was close to my office. In anticipation, I called the line to confirm the modalities and it was a female voice that spoke with me about what I needed to do. Later the following day, this person started a WhatsApp chat with me and told this person of my intention to get another loan of 80k after settling my 30k laon. So this person asked where I got loan from and I said fairmoney, (I will be using she). So she told me they work with fairmoney that I can only get 80k if they help me upgrade my next loan. I didn't doupt this person in the first bcz the WhatsApp DP showed fairmoney logo.

So the day I wanted to balance my 30k Dept, I chatted this person and she told me to supply my fairmoney money details as a prove I own the account. She asked for my phone number,bvn and date of birth I used in opening fairmoney account and I forward to her. Few minutes later, she told me to pay the dept and reapply for another loan and I should tell her the highest offer given to me, I did and it was 50k. I told her and she said I should hold on that she's working on the upgrade, few minutes after I receive a password changed message, few seconds after I got a credit alart of 50k and instantly the money went out into another microfinance bank.
I was shivering and my head was not on my body when I saw this. I tried chat her back but this person blocked me immediately.

MY SOLUTION
So I message fairmoney and Sparkle microfinance bank about this incident, sparkle replyied me that fairmoney are to handle the investigation, fairmoney money replied me to report to law enforcement agency.

So it been a week and few days since I have been thinking of what to do to recover this money or even apprehend this criminal. I will gladly appreciate your opinion. Thank you
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by doctor20202020(m): 9:32am On Nov 05, 2021
I will help u ,call me on 08033196353
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2021
You are talking to MTN about loan you took from Glo. How are they related? You even went ahead to provide all your details with all the warnings going around.
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by KashApp: 9:37am On Nov 05, 2021
shocked U fall yakata for ordinary logo that was downloaded with few MB or maybe it was even screenshot and cropped. Well, I pray you're able to get back your money. Your situation is well explained with this meme because Fair money will not listen to stories when your loan is due. Report to the Police sha.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by Ammishaddai: 9:38am On Nov 05, 2021
9ja is hot undecided
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by Maxymilliano(m): 9:43am On Nov 05, 2021
You have been scammed by an impostor... And still indebted to Fair Money at same time.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by house10s: 10:04am On Nov 05, 2021
u collect loan from A n u dey talk to B about A.

u need soap for ur head
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by richmondefosa(m): 10:10am On Nov 05, 2021
shocked

Someone is asking for your date of birth, phone number and BVN and you were gullibly supplying it.

SMH

Nigerians are amongst the easiest to scam.

You should never give anyone your BVN, Date of birth etc. These are sensitive details that can be used to swindle you.

Your BVN is like your social security number. Guard it jealously.

If you report this to the police, do you have money to follow the case up?

I hope this loss makes you wise up and be street smart next time.
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by PlaysNigeria: 11:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Stupid stupid, this is unbelievable.
Even the original fairmoney sef I refused to give them my bvn in trade for a loan.
U con fall for logo. Oh boy!
Re: How I Was Scammed Of 80k By Someone Who Claimed He Is Fairmoney Staff. by Boogyman557: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF. IF DIS IS TRUE.. OP D THUNDER WEY GO FIRE U STILL DE SMOKE KUSH. EVEN ASK CUNTREE TAKE HARD LIKE DIS. WEY B SEY CUNTREE DON TURN JUNGLE. WTF MAN

(1) (Reply)

Explosion In Kubwa Village Market Abuja / Iran Executes Teen Convicted Of Murder Despite Pleas From Human Rights Groups / Am I About To Be Prosecuted?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.