Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA (1375 Views)

Copy Of USA Embassy Official Letter Clearing Tinubu Of Crime In 2003 / Ipob's Sit-at-home Call, The Greatest Enabler Of Andy Uba's Impending Victory / Police Dismiss IPOB Oct. 1 Sit-at-home Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by Validated: 10:05am On Nov 05, 2021
The major reason IPOB called off her sit-at-home order is to avoid a collision course with the US and associated sanctions. I knew that it would be suicidal for IPOB to go against the US warning. Immediately the US consul issued a visa ban on any trouble maker that disrupt Anambra elections, I knew IPOB would buckle. If they did not, it would have given the US enough reasons to rethink their position on IPOB. As most of their leaders are outsude Nigeria, this would have exposed their "non-violence" posture for tge world to see.
This is a personal opinion pls. Quote me with sense, not sentiments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by Haakeem(m): 10:09am On Nov 05, 2021
SENCEgrin
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by sapientia(m): 10:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Don't eat Akara when they have not grinded the beans

You can repeat this after the election
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by Ezehillary(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2021
Anybody that is smoking is owning madness
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by SlayerForever: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2021
sapientia:
Don't eat Amara when they have not grinded the beans

You can repeat this after the election

Exactly.
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by Mystic216: 10:47am On Nov 05, 2021
This one don take ogogoro
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by hisgrace090: 11:17am On Nov 05, 2021
They back off because the military are ready to kill anyhow and blame it on them.
Back off to save lives.

5 Likes

Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by chichar1(f): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Validated:
The major reason IPOB called off her sit-at-home order is to avoid a collision course with the US and associated sanctions. I knew that it would be suicidal for IPOB to go against the US warning. Immediately the US consul issued a visa ban on any trouble maker that disrupt Anambra elections, I knew IPOB would buckle. If they did not, it would have given the US enough reasons to rethink their position on IPOB. As most of their leaders are outsude Nigeria, this would have exposed their "non-violence" posture for tge world to see.
story from the hotspot of beer parlour.
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by Blue3k(m): 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
Believe this clown at your own peril. He was rambling the election couldn't hold a week a ago think ipob was all mighty. Now he's come with a new story after saying the government has to negotiate with them before an election can be conducted.

Validated:

How will INEC handle logistics with sit-at-home commencing on Nov 5? If INEC is not deluded, by now it would have postponed the elections by one week to November 13 2031. That way, the trial date for Nnamdi Kanu would have passed and stakeholders' negotiation with IPOB deepened, however, if INEC insists on November 6, then they will meet a deserted state like whar Buhari met on the day he visited IMO state, with only Uzodinma and his family alone around the airport to receive him. Even APC chieftains will not dare go out to vote.
Validated:
You all will come back in shame when INEC post-pones the election. This I have seen
Validated:
I knew that it would be suicidal for IPOB to go against the US warning. Immediately the US consul issued a visa ban on any trouble maker that disrupt Anambra elections, I knew IPOB would buckle. If they did not, it would have given the US enough reasons to rethink their position on IPOB. As most of their leaders are outsude Nigeria, this would have exposed their "non-violence" posture for tge world to see.
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by Nobody: 3:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
You are right.

Once the United states put out the warning, the culprit IPOB changed their stance but it is a pity, it won't work but violence by other biafra groups will happen tomorrow and ipob will take all the blame.
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by RuggedBiafran: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2021
When a Fulani cow molesting miscreant talks even BUHARI as foolish as he is ...will be flabbergasted.

This particular zombie is ireedemably stupidd.....spits!

thebosstrevor1:
You are right.

Once the United states put out the warning, the culprit IPOB changed their stance but it is a pity, it won't work but violence by other biafra groups will happen tomorrow and ipob will take all the blame.
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by udede(m): 1:37am On Nov 06, 2021
Op you know nothing about ndi igbo or ipob
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by dasparrow: 1:44am On Nov 06, 2021
Validated:

But despite the sit-at-home being called off by IPOB, the people are still choosing to sit at home so what do you say now? Listen, you can't force a people to remain in a union they no longer want to remain in. That is like forcing an aggrieved wife to stay in a union that she has decided she no longer wants to remain in. If you don't let her go, she might just find a way to make you disappear. So Nigerian government should call a referendum for peace to reign and while at it release Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and Chief Sunday Igboho. Self determination is not a crime. My humble submission.
Re: Sit At Home Call-off - The Fear Of USA by PROUDIGBO(m): 3:07am On Nov 06, 2021
hisgrace090:
They back off because the military are ready to kill anyhow and blame it on them.
Back off to save lives.

They shouldn't have called for the sit-at-home in the first place! They should have known by now that northern elements, who have been engaged in 'inexplicable' high-profile assasinations and mass murder in the state, would see this as an opportunity to kill two birds with one stone: go out on another killing spree to cause a low turnout for the elections, while their associates on electronic, print and social media will play their own part by blaming the outrage on IPOB/ESN!

(1) (Reply)

Judicial Panel Report: See What A Facebook User Said About Lai Muhammed (photos) / Tinubu, Osinbajo Can’t Separate Themselves From Buhari Govt's Failure - Adeyeye / Tinubu Presidential Ambition In Danger After PDP Win In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.