Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,337 members, 7,819,177 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families (12670 Views)

Ondo Church Attack: Osinbajo Saddened, Condemns Attack / Ikoyi Building Collapse: Osinbajo Drags Sahara Reporters To Court / Ikoyi Collapse: Osinbajo’s Associates Condemn Reports Linking Him To Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by TheRareGem1(f): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2021
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE

IKOYI HIGH-RISE COLLAPSE:
OSINBAJO SADDENED, CONDOLES WITH AFFECTED FAMILIES & DEBUNKS DESPICABLE LIES IN SPONSORED ONLINE REPORT

*VP has no interest whatsoever in said property
*All his property, assets already publicly declared

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN, is saddened by the events that occurred in Lagos on Monday, 1st of November 2021, where a high-rise building under construction on Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, collapsed. He condoles with the families and relatives of all those who have died, were injured or affected in the collapse. Prof. Osinbajo considers this painful loss of lives a horrible tragedy.

Also, the attention of the Vice President has been drawn to an obviously sponsored falsehood regarding the recently collapsed building published by Sahara Reporters on November 4th, 2021, to the effect that:

1. The VP owns the land upon which the collapsed building in Ikoyi stood.

2. That the said land was sold to him by Chief Michael Ade. Ojo, Chairman of Elizade Motors; and

3. That the Vice President, at some point, intervened with the regulatory authorities in Lagos State to unseal the said property. 

Let it be made absolutely clear that Prof. Yemi Osinbajo does not own and has never owned the said land.

He has also never been involved, in any shape or form, in the development of this or any other land since he became Vice President.

At no time whatsoever did the VP buy this or any other piece of land from Chief Michael Ade. Ojo, or entered into any transaction for the sale of that land or any other piece of land from Chief Ade. Ojo or anyone for that matter.

All property and assets owned by the Vice President have been publicly declared.

Also, the Vice President has never spoken to the Governor of Lagos State or any other official of the State Government regarding the unsealing of the said building on Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, which subsequently collapsed. He has, indeed, never acted to influence any other regulatory action on the collapsed building, or any other building for that matter, in Lagos State.

The Vice President restates categorically that he has no interest whatsoever, and has never had any interest, either legally or beneficially, in the land, the building or development.

The wickedness and viciousness of a lie that seeks to utilise a tragedy where so many people have lost their lives, even as rescue efforts are ongoing, and in wanton disregard to the feelings and untold grief of their loved ones for political gain, reveals a dangerous desperation, as well as the heartlessness of the perpetrators of such despicable lies.

Sahara Reporters were undoubtedly well rewarded for their criminal and inhumane conduct. Typical of a hatchet job and deliberately irresponsible journalism, the publication was not signed by anyone.

The Vice President has referred this disgraceful publication to his lawyers for prompt legal action.

Laolu Akande
Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media & Publicity
Office of the Vice President
5th November, 2021

https://www.facebook.com/100068819936024/posts/188021096835220/

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by TheRareGem1(f): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2021
Sincere condolence to the affected people; those who came out alive but got injured, our prayers are with them as we wish them speedy recovery, and rip to the deceased.

It is indeed an unfortunate event. However, the State government should take seriously any form of building building construction, and international best practice should be followed

Compliance with building design should be scrutinized And certified if met the requirements

15 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Bola146(f): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2021
cry deep investigation should be done on this to avoid anything evil again.
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Deputy1111(m): 11:29am On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Nobody: 11:29am On Nov 05, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by nzeobi(m): 11:32am On Nov 05, 2021
Osibanjo saddened as buhari expresses shock

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Joylove2324(f): 11:33am On Nov 05, 2021
Sahara Reporters should put their head in shame. That media platform has been worse since Omoyele Sowore (Owner) started dazzling into politics. I wonder what they want to gain in tarnishing the image of a respected great man like Osinbajo. No sane person should take them serious anymore. Nigeria deserve pure journalism not beer parlor jists.

31 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Shooyie: 11:37am On Nov 05, 2021
May those who lost their lives to the collapsed building rest in perfect peace and may God give theri families the strength to bare the loss. I'm glad an official statement has been issued in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by TheRareGem1(f): 11:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Joylove2324:
Sahara Reporters should put their head in shame. That media platform has been worse since Omoyele Sowore (Owner) started dazzling into politics. I wonder what they want to gain in tarnishing the image of a respected great man like Osinbajo. No sane person should take them serious anymore. Nigeria deserve pure journalism not beer parlor jists.

What should we call this now. This is more than double face standard

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Jollylolly(f): 12:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Fake news is like a virus really.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by slawormiir: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Grace001: 12:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
News from Sahara reporter lately is becoming less credible, that’s how they said Buhari escaped plane crash.

Rip to the dead

8 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by money121(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Seen
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Maxymilliano(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hmm ... I'm sure Sowore is ready for this
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by setobaba: 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
If you are Nigerian you still have issues thinking outside the box, then it’s risky to continue living in the country.
The fact that the office of the Vice President came out within 24hrs that he’s not the owner of the said property makes it look suspicious, why will the vice go through that stress, when he can easily order the Lagos state government to find and publish out the original rightful owner of the land through the ministry of land at halawusa

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Now we are convinced. Good response from the VP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Asadujames202(m): 12:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Monthly sacrifice from oshibanjooh to Oshun oshogbo. gods

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Bikky302(f): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
BTW, where's Buhari in all these? In a sane country, the president would have definitely put in a word or two by this sad incidence. My prayers are with the families of the victims. Really sad
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Aremu01(m): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Who owns the property?

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Naijawhyy: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
Minister of condolences

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
the Theraregem1, Joylove2324 and jollylolly, again!!!!! I dont know if you are 1 person using 3 different accounts to do osinbajo PR work but you all clearly work for him.

Check their post histories.

I have nothing Against the VP, but we are not fooled.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by ecomalchemist(m): 12:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
I talk am, if he successfully completed the building...he'd go to Osibanjo's church in Abuja and Pastor Matthew ashimolow in UK on Sunday with a chopper to give testimony.

If you ask him how he achieved such feat, he will tell you "mY BrOtHer I sERvE a LiViNg God oh"...so na me be idol worshipper abi ?

Will such a person rest in peace for causing so many families untold grief and hardship ?

I no sabi that one, only time will tell.

This is the resultant effect of cutting corners, bribery and corruption is worse than a cancerous tumor.

Let's do things right at all times.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Hallabee1(m): 12:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Aje....

one create of 33 for you...
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Aremu01:
Who owns the property?
are you really that daft? the man that owns the property died in his building!!

6 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by blackslayer: 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Any Nigerian that believes these thieves in high places is a condemned fool!
They are natural born liars....Dear VP shut up and shove your condolence...
You are in charge of a country that kills its citizens daily vis a vis your incompetence....
so you have blood on your hands prior to this event and you are culpable.
Once again, dear VP...Shut up and shove your condolence where the sun don't shine.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by AdedoyinO(f): 12:41pm On Nov 05, 2021
perambulator:
the Theraregem1, Joylove2324 and jollylolly, again!!!!! I dont know if you are 1 person using 3 different accounts to do osinbajo PR work but you all clearly work for him.

Check their post histories.

I have nothing Against the VP, but we are not fooled.

But what will you gain on insisting that the VP has anything to do with the building? Do you have any concrete proof of this or it's just bad belle?

As a public office holder, he is required to declare his assets both local and foreign publicly and do so regularly.

If he is indeed the ownerof the said property, documents would have surfaced online to prove so but till now nothing. Just this evil minded rumour mongers like you that are bent on tarnishing another man's image.

I hope you don't mind the same fate befalling you in the nearest future when your name will be dragged for something you know nothing of. If you don't have concrete proof desist from this your evil agenda or expect the same fate to befall you

10 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by hotseat: 12:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sahara Reporters would do itself a favour by accepting that the said report is false and go the extra mile to tender an unreserved apology to the VP.

However, if it stands by its report, then they should prove beyond all reasonable doubt by providing more exposé on the involvement of the VP in anyway.

SAHARA REPORTERS: YOUR CREDIBILITY IS AT STAKE!
Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by cutedharmee: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
blackslayer:
Any Nigerian that believes these thieves in high places is a condemned fool!
They are natural born liars....Dear VP shut up and shove your condolence...
You are in charge of a country that kills its citizens daily vis a vis your incompetence....
so you have blood on your hands prior to this event and you are culpable.
Once again, dear VP...Shut up and shove your condolence where the sun don't shine.
What's this one saying
Its not compulsory u comment u know undecided

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by dapadawee: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
This story just made me hate Sahara report wholeheartedly. Have always known that this sowore is a very desperate thief that no sane person should trust for 1/100 of a second.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by Nobody: 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
AdedoyinO:

But what will you gain on insisting that the VP has anything to do with the building? Do you have any concrete proof of this or it's just bad belle?

As a public office holder, he is required to declare his assets both local and foreign publicly and do so regularly.

If he is indeed the ownerof the said property, documents would have surfaced online to prove so but till now nothing. Just this evil minded rumour mongers like you that are bent on tarnishing another man's image.

I hope you don't mind the same fate befalling you in the nearest future when your name will be dragged for something you know nothing of. If you don't have concrete proof desist from this your evil agenda or expect the same fate to befall you

I suggest you summon up all the education that was given to you and tell me where I said or implied the building has anything to do with osinbajo? You might want to use any braincells that are left (if any) to check my post history where you will see I said (even before any official denial by osinbajo or Elizade) I dont beleive the story ......for the exact reasons you mentioned but more importantly, his lifestyle and pedigree does not suggest he would do such a thing particularly so soon after assuming office. Even when the Osinbajo moles on nairaland were silent in the face of the attacks he was receiving yesterday. My issue is not Osinbajo, i have no issue with him, he is a good man. My issue is people coming on nairaland specifically with a clandestine mission, pretending they are members of the public when they work for the VP.

2 Likes

Re: Ikoyi High-rise Collapse: Osinbajo Saddened, Condoles With Affected Families by muykem: 12:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
We are all saddened about this unfortunate incidence but unfortunately, unintelligent sahara reporters still use to propagate their fake news against our star boy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

NATA Members Endorse Tinubu And Sanwo-Olu, Display PVCs / FG Releases N375m To Feed 700,000 Pupils In Five States / Reno Omokri: Sowore Lied, President Jonathan Had No Hand In Buying APC Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.