Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,787 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Nigeria Political Analysis Always About Tribe, Never About Development. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Political Analysis Always About Tribe, Never About Development. (168 Views)

My Political Analysis For 2023 Elections...my View / What Nigerian Night Time Satellite Images Tell Us About Development / U.S. Closely Watching Nigeria’s Political Developments – Diplomat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Political Analysis Always About Tribe, Never About Development. by VaselineCrew: 11:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Their supporters never discuss what a candidate will do in different sectors of the country, like security, healthcare and so on.

Rather, they write long articles about tribe, including zoning of presidency, if APC zones to this then PDP will zone to that, it is the turn of this tribe, or that tribe...

Yet we somehow expect zoning and tribe discussions to put a Nigerian on the moon, how?

I guess deep down, most Nigerians don’t really care one bit if their society is developed or whether or not they have good roads and good jobs. It is impossible to care about such things and still discuss politics without ever discussing development.

Tell me, what other society on the face of this earth will elect a former dictator as president? Excluding societies over run by terrorism. That’s like saying a society today will elect Adolf Hitler as president, it just can’t happen, but it can happen in Nigeria, because all they ever talk about is tribe.

Even in governorship election races, they rarely ever talk about development, but rather begin to form tribal clusters of opposition, based on the perceived tribal association of a party and the leanings of so called enemy tribes, i.e, APC belongs to this tribe and PDP belong to that tribe, so even if a governor does nothing, we are happy because he is associated with a party of our tribe.

Sai Nigerians!

In 2021, how many states can boast of government pipebourne water to each house? Ordinary water. Yet somehow, you Nigerians see nothing wrong with that.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: President Buhari Congratulates Soludo / Strategic Leadership Helped Nigeria Tackle COVID-19 Pandemic -osinbajo / Breaking! Political Solution To Kanu, Igboho Saga: I Don't Believe FG - Pa Adeba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.