Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos (4801 Views)

Kiki Osinbajo Poses In The Middle Of The Road (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Arrests A Danfo Driver Driving Through One-Way on Eko Bridge - Photos / Guys Turn Lagos Road Into A Boxing Ring On Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
How can a mega city like Lagos be looking like a Mega Shitty ?

Like what the Bleep-is-going-on in Lagos ? Everywhere is dirty and smells.

I drove through this area due to the heavy flood on the other side of the road but this alternative way looks so dirty and smelly

This is not the Lagos of our dream

Tinubu governors are doing a terrible job

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by RuddyFusion(m): 2:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Is this the Nigeria of our dreams?

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
RuddyFusion:
Is this the Nigeria of our dreams?

They called this place in picture a mega city

1 Like

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by DeMekus: 2:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Awon suffoStikated animals.

11 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by BKayy: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lol.
"You drove through this... what should I call it again? because of flood in the other road"
If the alternative is like this, only God knows how the main road will look like. grin
Abeg make I laugh small. Na the RAGos be this?

6 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Helinues
Afamed
Seunmsg
westernOligarch

Why Is Lagos so dirty and smelling

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by GOFRONT(m): 2:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
And this baby would be brought up in this slum........A future agbero

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Wow
Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by RuddyFusion(m): 2:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

They called this place in picture a mega city

Lagos is big and you have bad parts everywhere else not just in Lagos alone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by gasparpisciotta: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Inner city roads in Ijegun, isheri etc are just like this...

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by FvckAllMods: 2:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lagos sef grin

2 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by GOFRONT(m): 2:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
cool sad
Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by iamtardey: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
grin
FvckAllMods:
Lagos sef grin
Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by ipobarecriminals: 2:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
sad Inner roads look like this.Go to Iyana ipaja,okoko,Lasu,idimu,Agege,,Ipaja Ayobo,iju ishaga,mile 2,and all these sandy roads in lekki..These is still manageable, apart from Northern states,the rest nah eyesore

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Thmaartentrends: 2:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
But here is anambra state where everything both dead and alive are billionaires.

Mud pi.gs

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
ipobarecriminals:
sad Inner roads look like this.Go to Iyana ipaja,okoko,Lasu,idimu,Agege,,Ipaja Ayobo,iju ishaga,mile 2,and all these sandy roads in lekki..These is still manageable, apart from Northern states,the rest nah eyesore
Agege and mushin are Muslims

4 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Thmaartentrends:
But here is anambra state where everything both dead and alive are billionaires.

Mud pi.gs
Stop the tribalism and face what's facing Lagos

This is a dirty shithole that needs urgen government attention

How can you call Lagos a mega city and the inner roads be looking like dumb sites

Are you even from Lagos

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Sonyboom765: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
You must definitely be living a miserable life.
Someone just exposed the dirt your father wallow in the dungeons of Anambra yet you have the audacity to be insulting those superior to all that you can ever be.

PrinceOfLagos:

Agege and mushin are Muslims

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sonyboom765:
You must definitely be living a miserable life.
Someone just exposed the dirt you father wallow yet you have the audacity to be insulting those superior to all that you can ever be.

You're inconsequential grin

Getat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Sonyboom765: 2:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
Is your foolish father whose miserable life depict nothing but wretchedness of any repute in the hell where both of you will definitely end up.

PrinceOfLagos:

You're inconsequentialb grin

Getat

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 2:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sonyboom765:
Is your foolish father whose miserable life depict nothing but wretchedness of any repute in the hell where both of you will definitely end up.

Frustration is showing dis one shege grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by budaatum: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
I know we are not London or anywhere close, but to those for whom in the beginning is perhaps the word.

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/Dirty-Old-London-Victorian-Fight-Against/31025308164/bd

In Victorian London, filth was everywhere: horse traffic filled the streets with dung, household rubbish went uncollected, cesspools brimmed with "night soil," graveyards teemed with rotting corpses, the air itself was choked with smoke. In this intimately visceral book, Lee Jackson guides us through the underbelly of the Victorian metropolis, introducing us to the men and women who struggled to stem a rising tide of pollution and dirt, and the forces that opposed them.

Through thematic chapters, Jackson describes how Victorian reformers met with both triumph and disaster. Full of individual stories and overlooked details—from the dustmen who grew rich from recycling, to the peculiar history of the public toilet—this riveting book gives us a fresh insight into the minutiae of daily life and the wider challenges posed by the unprecedented growth of the Victorian capital.

Sometimes when writing reviews, the reviewer ends with who ought to read the book in question. In this case, I am going to start with it. Who should read this book? The answer is everyone who will ever make decisions about city planning, or housing. Actually, it would probably be easier to recommend it to anyone involved in politics, local or national.

Dirty Old London - The Victorian Fight Against Filth is a history and a monument to all the people who agitated, bickered, invented, planned, obstructed and constructed in London from the end of the 18th century to the beginning of the 20th century. The book is divided into chapters regarding which type of filth and nuisance it is dealing with, which gives us separate chapters on subjects like sewage, soot, wretched housing and household refuse. This may seem arbitrary to more important subjects in society, but I think upon reading this book, everyone can agree that one of the foundations of society is that the filth and dirt humans produce (and we produce a lot) are dealt with in an organised fashion. If not, well, the evidence of what that does to our health and very lives is there in history. A lot of that, too, is dealt with in the appropriate chapters, and we gain quite a lot of insight into how the Victorians of the 19th century slowly began to link poor sanitation to poor health and increased mortality. What is more, the book also provides a unique insight into how the politics of the time, both on the national and various local levels, interaction to help, and often hinder, the development of modern sanitation.

The greatest testament to the ingenuity, creativity and belief in progress of Victorian London is perhaps Joseph Bazalgette's great sewer network, built in the late 1850s and early 1860s. In fact, these sewers remain still standing and serving London in this day and age. While some may laugh at this as there are far more interesting and much prettier works of architecture and construction, Bazalgette's and the Metropolitan Board of Works' sewers were both monumental for its time and have stood the test of time better than almost anything else constructed, with the proof in the pudding: they are still used to this day and age, over 150 years later, in the same fashion.
Perhaps surprisingly, this book on filth and the efforts to clean it up is one of the most convincing political statements I have ever read. It is almost completely free of ideology, apart from perhaps some small bits where the writer seems impressed by George Bernard Shaw, which seems to be a completely natural and sensible stance to take in me eyes; no, instead it is the documentation of the political bickering and back-and-forth that speak louder than anything else. The political responsibilities when it came to city planning and oversight were largely left to local vestries and paving boards; local government dealing with their own areas which parliament rarely meddled in. As London grew, the filth accumulated, cesspools overflowed, soot filled the air, yet the local authorities were more concerned with their own income and power and refused to relinquish anything to central authority. Coupled with laissez faire capitalism, this created a huge inertia which took decades to overcome, and in the meantime, London got dirtier, filthier and more unhealthy to live in. If anything could convince those promoters of the great qualities of local government to drop those huge axes they are grinding and support stronger centralised government, this should be it. Here, it is at times an actual matter of life and death that strong, collective action is taken, yet the different local government are as always dependant on their citizens and their purchasing power, making the rich more comfortable and the poor not only condemned to a life in discomfort, but one where the very environment they live in threaten their lives.

Of specific interest to today's decision makers should be the chapter on Wretched housing, which deals with how housing for the less fortunate looked before the advent of social housing. As we are again, in today's world, back to a society in which social housing built at a loss to the state is an ugly and shameful thing (and even potentially illegal), it is worth looking back at history and how people lived in society where capitalism dictated the rules of the day. And it ain't pretty.

To conclude, this is a very interesting book on an often forgotten subject: filth, and its accumulation. While the difficulties our sanitation-minded ancestors faced in their fight against filth were many and varied, one cannot help but admire their fortitude, ingenuity and thoroughness. Without some of these people, London and other parts of the UK would be very different places today. If nothing else, they helped save numerous lives which would otherwise have been lost to diseases such as cholera and typhus.

If you would excuse me, I am now going to scrub my kitchen with lime and then fumigate my house to get rid of the build-up of miasma

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
Omor that smell in some areas when Im going to work almost wanna make me choke and Puke! Cha!!!

Some parts of Lagos can smell!!! Lol..

Tufia kwa!

5 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Christistruth00: 2:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
You will loose Consciousness driving through Aba

The People on the outskirts of Port Harcourt can smell the Stench

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
Frustration of an expired gala seller, after the frustration he will turn to criminal with dirty pistol robbing innocent Yoruba

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by juman(m): 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Abegi.
This is normal Nigerian road joh.
Do you live in Paris or London?
Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by techWriter3: 3:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
But here is anambra federal where right both dead and alive not millionaires.dirt pi.gs

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by PrinceOfLagos: 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hmm
Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Adiola(f): 4:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lagos the heart of darkness where every Yoruba claims he is from .... Dirty pigstyl

3 Likes

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by flokii: 4:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
That is what Yorubas have to face due to unchecked influx of Igbos into South West.. from Surulere to Ladipo to Alaba and wherever you find them.

One will come and rush back to the village to bring about 10 others.. how won't the infrastructure and waste management system collapse? they'll turn Lagos to a pigstry like Abia and relocate to other states.

I feel sorry for Yoruba leaders who can't speak up and ask Igbo leaders why they can't cater for their people despite the huge allocations they get from FG monthly for their 5 tiny states. Oju gbogbo wa ma ja gbeyin.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Almost Threw-up Driving Through This Lagos Road - Photos by Nicetry: 4:08pm On Nov 05, 2021
That is how dirty that useless tribe is .... Very stupid tribe that chose to live in self decept

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Can Not Work Stop Wasting Your Time (pictures) / Nupeng Threatens To Shut Oil Production Amid Strike / Boko Haram Holds Open Courts In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.