Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:23 AM

Why Your Electricity Bill Is So High - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Your Electricity Bill Is So High (286 Views)

How Much Do You Spend On Electricity Bill Monthly / Let The Sun Pay Your Electricity Bill / Why Are Shoprite Prices So High Nowadays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Electricity Bill Is So High by bigpicture001: 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Alot of families/ single habitants are endlessly complaining about continual increasing electricity tarriff....

It may appear am not an authority to know why these problems keep persistent, but in my over 3years of relationship with the DISCO in my state and conducting the payment and rectification of inappropriate electricity tarriff, I have garnered alot of experience as reason why tarrifs continue to rise...

1. First among the reason is what I call, previous burden: alot of tenants pack into homes where unpaid abandoned electricity bill s are still being charged.. to the discos, many of such home's new tenant who claims not to be the user of the usually huge outstanding bills tell that to deaf ears.. as the discos in arrangements with your landlord many times have already set the meter to firstly deduct stipulated cost from the meter in installments over a long period.. that makes u a contributor to the payment of previous bills unknown to u... If you use prepaid.. it makes it to finsih faster

2. Categorizations of your compound..houses are classified into residential, commercial,industrial..you might be deceived that everyone in ur house doesn't work there, what about the previous settings before you guyz came in..it may be the case..as you shld know residential houses pay the least in ascending order like that

3. Use of heavy appliances..: you cannot robb Peter to pay Paul with the fmr NEPA. Alot of people do use electric heater to cook in a bid to not buy the ever rising cooking gas..this will In turn reflect on you r electricity billing and you then pay higher for light..

4. Bad conservative attitude..: this applies expecially to ladies..alot of ladies I know will argue that it is good to keep your A.C/fan on even when not home.this they said is to ensure your house is already cool immidaitely you enter Into it..that is a big way of increasing electricity consumptions without impact .also is the problem of the use of high energy consumption bulbs and appliances..

5. Inacurrate meter reading and multiplication..this one is pervelent among post paid users..meter readers are usually in a hurry to cover alot of compound and at such will make mistake on meter readings..

Thanks for your reading

(1) (Reply)

How A Woman Was Arrested For Beating Her Daughter To Death In Ogun State / How Carpets Are Made - A Guide / Echan Is A Sourcing And Logistics Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.