Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission (6471 Views)

Tordue Salem Death: Itoro Cleme, Hit-And-Run Driver Arrested By Police / Tordue Salem: I Thought He Was An Armed Robber - Taxi Driver Who Hit Him / Policemen On Rescue Mission Run For Their Lives On Seeing Gunmen Along Benin-Ore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Ojotu1(m): 4:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
By Esther Daniels

Former Governor of Benue State, Dr. Gabriel Suswam, has called on various security agencies, to intensity efforts to discover the whereabout and subsequently reunite a missing Journalist to his family.

Mr. Salem Tordue, a native of Benue State and House of Representatives' correspondent of Vanguard newspaper, went missing on the 13th of October, 2021 around 8:05pm, when his colleagues dropped him off in Area 11, Garki, Abuja.

The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and many analysts, have tackled the security operatives of not doing much to rescue Mr. Tordue.

In a statement signed by his Personal Assistant, Michael Zendesha on Friday, Senator Suswam, who currently represents Benue North East at the National Assembly, expressed worries that the Benue born Journalist has not been found, after 22 days of waiting on the security.

"It is worrisome and of a great concern that, Mr. Salem Tordue is still missing and no one could get a clue of his whereabout, after 22 days.

"This does not portray us as a nation that is security conscious, proactive and responsive. I'm not saying the security agencies are not doing enough, but I also want them to intensify efforts. Let them do more.

"There should be synergy amongst the various formations. Let them continue with intelligence gathering and also factorise all possible indices, to ensure that the young man is found and reunited with his family.

"I can only imagine what the family, colleagues and friends may be going through right now. They believe so much in the security of this nation and I'm sure the security is capable of finding him. There is nothing that is impossible with God", Suswam said.

The lawmaker said he has been checking up updates to hear the good news that Mr. Tordue has been released, only to wait till a whole 22 days without any news.

He vowed to liaise with other Senators from Benue and the leadership of the Senate, to ensure a motion of urgent public importance is brought to the floor, as the plenary resumes next week.
https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/05/tordue-salem-suswam-tasks-security-agencies-on-missing-journalist/?amp=1

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by slawormiir: 3:24am On Nov 06, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

There is nothing that is impossible with God", Suswam said.

This is the particular statement that is rendering this nation useless

Instead of us to get to work...we keep on praying to God like imbeciles

OneKinGuy:

oboy u no dey sleep
Keyboard warriors don't sleep at night

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by OneKinGuy(m): 3:24am On Nov 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright
oboy u no dey sleep

1 Like

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by abuiltech(m): 3:26am On Nov 06, 2021
For MEP design & installation check my dm
Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Lifestone(m): 3:27am On Nov 06, 2021
This is an example of what daily happen to many Nigerians. The country is unsafe and takes the mercy of God to go out and return safely.
Our leaders has failed us. It's that simple

2 Likes

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by EMAXIM(m): 3:28am On Nov 06, 2021
I bet you, the security guys forgot someone with that name was kidnapped.

God will sha deliver us from evil las las

1 Like

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Keepamsafe: 3:30am On Nov 06, 2021
Sincerely, stepping up is not easy.

I hope the call is loud enough
Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by adaxme(m): 3:32am On Nov 06, 2021
kidnapped by ipob terrorist , ipob are very wicked
Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Rekyz(m): 4:47am On Nov 06, 2021
This is really disheartening.
The security agents will do little or nothing to secure his release. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Boogyman557: 6:15am On Nov 06, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Nobody: 6:52am On Nov 06, 2021
The police wey you equipped abi? Sorry sir all the police in nigeria are in anambra as we speak

1 Like

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:18am On Nov 06, 2021
adaxme:
kidnapped by ipob terrorist , ipob are very wicked

Ode

1 Like

Re: Salem Tordue: Suswam Wants Security To Step Up On Rescue Mission by Tomahawk99(m): 7:35am On Nov 06, 2021
DSS and the Police are the usual suspects, they are known to kidnap people based on "order from above".

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fraudsters Clone Pius Akinyelure’s Facebook, Demand ₦275,000 For NNPC Contracts / Bank Manager Attacked By Kids Of Man Who Went Naked At Their Bank To Get N5k / Breaking:evans The Billionaire Kidnapper To Die By Hanging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.