Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible (46339 Views)

Volodymyr Zelensky Urges Citizens To Fight, Offers Weapons / France, Turkey Urge Citizens To Leave Ethiopia Without Delay / Lithuania Asks All Citizens To Leave Belarus As Global Outrage Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by showafrica(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2021
larryking540:
my question is what does Africa union discuss about,

Both the AU and the ecowas are made up of idiots.
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 06, 2021
iamyemiakins:
Africa as a whole isn't even a place to be right now.

US citizens will start seeing Africa as a shithole now, it's now very obvious and more realistic and not just a mere talk.

Africa no just wan develop!

You know say dem dey try manage Africa before and they were seeing Africa as a developing continent. But now, their mind go don cut say Africa dey retrogress rapidly
Thats only on paper. They know what we are in reality.
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by mrvitalis(m): 10:37am On Nov 06, 2021
Gireiboy:

Igbo revolution hahaha! very funny! we will very much like that, you guys have not been paid in full by us for the killing of Sardauna and Tafawa Balewa. These time around we are going to exterminate 10 million.
Wanted to respond but your dp LMAO I don't talk to poor people
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2021
U.S MOLE OFFICIALS INSTIGATE VIOLENCE IN AFRICA angry
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by ysg4real(m): 12:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kudos. That depicts the conflict terrain accurately.
You seem to have a grasp of the real issue and you are one of the few not carried away by the media sensation.
I love my Ethiopian friends - both Oromo and Tigrayans, but this conflict is all about one region (Tigray) not wanting to lose the power grip.

ivolt:
Tigray spent close to 30 years in power building sectional military despite being a minority
and underdeveloping national institutions.

Immediately they lost power, they started strategizing on how to violently takeover
by raiding army posts and seizing weapons.

When the government resisted the raids, the Tigrays turned the conflict into a tribal affair.

I would have respected Tigrays more if they had declared secession at the beginning of the
conflict but they didn't because their aim is about getting back into power not splitting.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by pacespot(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
Awkabigboy:

Tigray people are like fulanis of Nigeria

Are Tigray people Muslims or have some Arab link?
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by ddeola: 12:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
The govt of Ethiopia is killing people enmasse and the West and AU are silent, by the time some military guys takeover the govt, they will all be yarning gibberish. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

This is boosting the morale of Buhari and his army of demons. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by pacespot(m): 12:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
ivolt:
Tigray spent close to 30 years in power building sectional military despite being a minority
and underdeveloping national institutions.

Immediately they lost power, they started strategizing on how to violently takeover
by raiding army posts and seizing weapons.

When the government resisted the raids, the Tigrays turned the conflict into a tribal affair.

I would have respected Tigrays more if they had declared secession at the beginning of the
conflict but they didn't because their aim is about getting back into power not splitting.

Some people saying Tigrayans are like Fulani's, are they Muslims or have some Arab connection?
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by eas01: 1:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by BruncleZuma: 1:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
grin grin grin grin
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by Pootle: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
naija loadin din loading
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by Bamzyriches451: 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Africans and their mentality
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by Olakunlebaba: 8:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
What happen Brooo?

I don't know why Canada is doing me like this Sha. [/quote]
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by olugabbie(m): 1:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
Fahdiga:
The rebels seems to be stronger than the state forces same way Biafran men seems to be stronger than Nigerian forces

Lol

I think it is better to know the background of the crisis before you make your judgement. The Taigrarians are like the Hausas. There were a lots of Taigrarians in the Ethiopian military before the war started. So they already had the men and some weapons in their possession. The same thing that happened during the Nigerian civil war. Ojukwu was the military governor of the eastern states. So already had military men & weapons in his possession. This made it easy for them to declare independence. You can't compare the Biafrans in the civil war or the current Taigrarian forces with the current Biafran. The current Biafran are trying to build a military wing from the stratch. It is going to be hard.
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by writeprof(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
larryking540:
my question is what does Africa union discuss about,

Getting "DEVELOPMENT" GRANTS and LOANS from WorldBank, EU, ADB,etc grin
Re: U.S. Asks Citizens To Leave Ethiopia As Soon As Possible by Cousin9999: 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
It's great how the people are standing with Abiy and democracy. I hope the traitors don't succeed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Shooting At Allen mall, Texas. 9 Dead, 7 Injured, Shooter Killed (Graphic) / China Stages Massive ‘taiwan Invasion’ Drills(Pix, Video) / Faruk Fatih Ozer, Brothers Sentenced To 11,196 Years Each In Turkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.