Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC (10354 Views)

Dimeji Bankole Celebrates His 46th Birthday Today! / House Speaker Dimeji Bankole (PDP) Has Lost! / Dimeji Bankole Plans To Joint The ACN Party. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by johnie: 8:45pm On Jun 05, 2011
Channels TV reports that Dimeji Bankole has been arrested by the EFCC.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
I hope this is not another false garbage news.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by violent(m): 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
Economic and Financial Commission have finally arrested outgoing Speaker Dimeji Bankole of the house of representatives.
An EFCC source told Saharareporters moments ago that the agency operatives moved in today to arrest Mr. Bankole after the agency received intelligence was planning to flee tonight.

For the past one week, the EFCC and Bankole have been engaged in a tense stand off arising from Mr. Bankole's refusal to answer the agency's summons for interrogation.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/speaker-bankole-arrested
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by OAM4J: 8:56pm On Jun 05, 2011
Good. Let's see what follows.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 05, 2011
Who next? Let me speak for the SW:

Akala, Segun Oni, Fayose, Gbenga Daniels, Ayoka, Iyabo and Obj.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Patsey: 9:03pm On Jun 05, 2011
This guy should have all his assets fully confiscated and jailed for life. Other Rep Members should be made to dance to the same music.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 05, 2011
All these bastards that are tarnishing the image of ogun state should be dealt with severely.See bankole who ought to be a role model for the youth is even worse than the old politicians.he should have learn from fayose before putting himself in this shizz.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by auwal87(m): 9:18pm On Jun 05, 2011
gbam!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Imeobong(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
[quote ]
By Saharareporters, New York

Economic and Financial Commission have finally arrested outgoing Speaker Dimeji Bankole of the house of representatives.

An EFCC source told Saharareporters moments ago that the agency operatives moved in today to arrest Mr. Bankole after the agency received intelligence was planning to flee tonight.

For the past one week, the EFCC and Bankole have been engaged in a tense stand off arising from Mr. Bankole's refusal to answer the agency's summons for interrogation over series of corruption allegations.

Saharareporters exclusively broke the news that the EFCC investigators had linked Mr Speaker to an account at the United Banker of Africa (UBA) through which the outgoing speaker had laundered about $1 billion.

A source at the EFCC told SaharaReporters that agency was able to arrest the speaker today as soon as it discovered he had planned to escape from Nigeria early tomorrow morning.

Last Friday EFCC agents had made an attempt to arrest the speaker from his residence but that had been rebuffed by Mr. Bankole's security protection.

The EFCC had appealed to IG to withdraw Bankole's police security to facilitate the outgoing speakers arrest instead Mr. Ringim arrived at the scene to break the siege, stating that president Goddluck Jonathan had ordered the the EFCC should retreat from arresting Bankole.

A police source said Mr. Ringim came under fire following our report of his role. He later lied that he only paid the speaker a social visit at his residence, unaware of plans to by the EFCC to arrest him.

In response to criticism, the IG of police then ordered the withdrawal of Bankole's police protection.

A source within the presidency said Jonathan who is due to be received this Wednesday at the White House did not want a baggage of appearing to American officials to be continuing the tradition of protecting Nigeria's major corrupt officials.

The source said that Jonathan then instructed the IG of police and the DG of the state security service to immediately withdraw Bankole's security detail.

A source at the EFCC told us the the EFCC was able to arrest him shortly after he lost his police guards.

In addition to the huge financial scam at the UBA, the former speaker is also implicated in car buying scandal.
[quote][/quote]

This is the sweetest news I have heard this months. ,,I feel good tara, ra, ra, ra.x3, singing whistling and look for a bottle of star in ma fridge
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by MaiSuya(m): 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
why EFCC no fit wait again naa??  grin

i thot the ever smiling speaker was quoted as saying he will honour their invitation for a 'chitchat' a[i]t his convenience[/i], and Monday specifically had been fixed?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by naijaking1: 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2011
Bankole was very promising, but ended up being affected by the same Nigerian "factor" Too bad :-
However, he's innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by 13volts(m): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2011
thereafter some people go yarn say na northern people sabi steal past.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by tunnytox(m): 10:15pm On Jun 05, 2011
~Bluetooth:

All these bastards that are tarnishing the image of ogun state should be dealt with severely.See bankole who ought to be a role model for the youth is even worse than the old politicians.he should have learn from fayose before putting himself in this shizz.

Exactly!
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by edoyad(m): 10:22pm On Jun 05, 2011
thereafter some people go yarn say na northern hausa  people sabi steal past.

Amended.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Kobojunkie: 10:38pm On Jun 05, 2011
The countdown to his release has begun! grin
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by ak47mann(m): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2011
CHICKEN HAVE COME TO ROAST cheesy grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 05, 2011
after now he go go jail come back they laugh
hin go come open new bank,
bankole guaranty international bank unlimited
make i go laugh in irhobo i they come
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by madejibo: 11:14pm On Jun 05, 2011
Just thinking why was Dimeji Bankole arrested today(sunday) and EFCC could not arrest him 48 hours earlier, also why did dey not wait till the monday ultimatum to elapse before they arrested him. Just wondering
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by OAM4J: 11:17pm On Jun 05, 2011
Imeobong:

The EFCC had appealed to IG to withdraw Bankole's police security to facilitate the outgoing speakers arrest instead Mr. Ringim arrived at the scene to break the siege, stating that president Goddluck Jonathan had ordered the the EFCC should retreat from arresting Bankole.

A police source said Mr. Ringim came under fire following our report of his role. He later lied that he only paid the speaker a social visit at his residence, unaware of plans to by the EFCC to arrest him.

In response to criticism, the IG of police then ordered the withdrawal of Bankole's police protection.

A source within the presidency said Jonathan who is due to be received this Wednesday at the White House did not want a baggage of appearing to American officials to be continuing the tradition of protecting Nigeria's major corrupt officials.

The source said that Jonathan then instructed the IG of police and the DG of the state security service to immediately withdraw Bankole's security detail.

A source at the EFCC told us the the EFCC was able to arrest him shortly after he lost his police guards.]

So the president is only using him as a scapegoat to show he is actually fighting corruption before the White House. . . I can only hope it's not true.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 05, 2011
Ulaalahh! Am the happiest man on earth for this good news. What does that small boy from a rich background need all those money for? Upon all his education. Many dont seem to know the level of poverty in Nigeria. You would weep and forfeit ur asset when you 'see poverty' in this aarse hole called Nigeria.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by JomoGbomo2(m): 11:28pm On Jun 05, 2011
My concern is that they don't learn, another one will get there and also steal too.

I hope he will serve as another example.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by jumobi1(m): 11:34pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^Learn from what? Stealing a billion and spending maybe 5years in jail might be worth it. Its just that he didn't steal well. Others leaders steal. Nigeria is just sad.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by aloyemeka1: 11:42pm On Jun 05, 2011
Are they arresting him for what really?. It is very unhealthy to harass and arrest people because we just don't like them. Do they have probable proof that he looted funds?. I guess the answer is no. Please, lets learn to separate our emotions from facts.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Eskycom: 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2011
Bankole = Bank + Ole. can call him Bank Thief.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jun 05, 2011
You can not be speaker in a country as rotten as nigeria without knowing a few or more of the presidents own dirty laundry, all this is for show, the IG was there to sell a deal and i promise you a good one has already been struck hence the arrest. All the people rejoicing i say wishful thinking
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by naijaking1: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Are they arresting him for what really?. It is very unhealthy to harass and arrest people because we just don't like them. Do they have probable proof that he looted funds?. I guess the answer is no. Please, lets learn to separate our emotions from facts.

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law grin
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by jumobi1(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2011
DivideUs:

You can not be speaker in a country as rotten as nigeria without knowing a few or more of the presidents own dirty laundry, all this is for show, the IG was there to sell a deal and i promise you a good one has already been struck hence the arrest. All the people rejoicing i say wishful thinking

Honestly I was wondering how GEJ can let them arrest some of these people without being at risk of getting his dirty laundry aired out
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by bioye(m): 12:06am On Jun 06, 2011
Nigerian youth, will you sit down and let your young upcoming leaders be intimidated because they are going against godfatherism?  Bankole is one of the most honest public officers Nigeria has ever had.  Remove the veil they have put over your eyes!

[list]
[li]Bankole in EFCC Headquarters on Sunday[/li]
[li]New Speaker election on Monday[/li]
[li]PDP leadership want Mulikat or Muraina[/li]
[li]Bankole backs Tambuwal[/li]
[li]EFCC intends to arrest Tambuwal Monday before the election[/li]
[li]EFCC has no case against Bankole as he did not touch a dime of the N10 billion loan[/li]
[/list]
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by OAM4J: 12:09am On Jun 06, 2011
bioye:

Nigerian youth, will you sit down and let your young upcoming leaders be intimidated because they are going against godfatherism?  Bankole is one of the most honest public officers Nigeria has ever had.  Remove the veil they have put over your eyes!

[list]
[li]Bankole in EFCC Headquarters on Sunday[/li]
[li]New Speaker election on Monday[/li]
[li]PDP leadership want Mulikat or Muraina[/li]
[li]Bankole backs Tambuwal[/li]
[li]EFCC intends to arrest Tambuwal Monday before the election[/li]
[li]EFCC has no case against Bankole as he did not touch a dime of the N10 billion loan[/li]
[/list]

And how do you come about this knowledge?
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by aloyemeka1: 12:09am On Jun 06, 2011
naijaking1:

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law grin

Okay then, lets treat him as innocent for the time being instead of bashing his every existence.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by reindeer: 12:16am On Jun 06, 2011
At least we know he will get a maximum of 6months in prison. . .he is a PDP man, abi na how many months dem dey get?
Bode George, Tafa Balogun, Cecilia Ibru?The more you steal, the lower the jail term-The Nigerian PDP justice system.
Re: Dimeji Bankole Finally Arrested By EFCC by Muktar05(m): 12:20am On Jun 06, 2011
Had it been they are position, nobody will ask them anything. Y NOW

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prepare For Mass Protest Over Subsidy Scam, Soyinka Tells Nigerians-nan / PICS- University Of Otuoke: Why GEJ Was Booed In Bayelsa / Nigeria Loses $966m To Crude Oil Swap Deal – NEITI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.