Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! (2321 Views)

Reading A Picture Into A File In Eclipse For Java Program / Helo House,how Can I Bundle A Database File Into My Desktop Applicatn / How Can I Open A File With .dat.pgp : Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! by ANDSTEL(m): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2007
FRIENDS IN HERE,
PLS I NEED STEPS TO UPLOAD A FILE INTO A WEBSITE URGENTLY FOR A JOB INTERVIEW. HELP AND GOD WILL BLESS U
CHEERS
Re: Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! by eagle3000(m): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2007
To upload webpages unto a website is simple.
Step 1: Click on your internet browser i.e internet explorer

Step 2: Type your website address/cpanel on the address field e.g. www.yourwebsite.com/cpanel

Step 3: click on file manager

Step 4: Click on the folder where your web pages are kept e.g pubic_html

Step 5 : Click on upload file

Step 6: Click on browse

Step 7: Click on the file you want to upload from the dialogue box

Step 8: Click on overwrite existing file

Click 9: Click on upload

Finally your file is uploaded.

Contact me via this e-mail for more information if you encounter any problem: gbengabambeke@yahoo.com
Re: Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! by Cactus(m): 10:44pm On Aug 10, 2007
not all hosting companies use cpanel.
Re: Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! by opensource(m): 11:00pm On Aug 12, 2007
If you are doing this for an Interview then i advice you to take time and study this stuff very well or you will mess up

There are so many ways to do this

If the host you have bought provides you with FTP accounts then you need those any of this

1. Open windows explorer and type ftp://yoursite.com ,
==>when it opens , it might prompt for username and password but if it dont then u are in the site anonymosly which you actually can do nothin
==> click file ---> connect ---- then input username name and password.
==> when conected open the public_html folder and place you files there
==> Go to www.yoursite.com and you are set.

Remember to include an index.html , index.htm on the public_html folder

2. Get a FTP software like Ip_switch ( this is prefer) and connect then transfer your files
Re: Steps To Upload A File Into A Website. Urgnet Pls! by lakeside4love(m): 1:33am On Aug 13, 2007
It depends on d kinda file u r uploadin.Lets know a bit more about ur file.Then we can offer help.

(1) (Reply)

Whats'app Group On Sharepoint / As A Programmer, How Are You Coping In This Economy? / a

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.