Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,346 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) (1452 Views)

QNET Syndicate Held Hundreds Captive In Lagos Over Foreign Job Scam / Orezone!? Gold Quest!?: The Sinister Plot Of Qnet. Job Scam In Burkina Faso / Job Scam: Woman Arrested For Selling Fake ECOWAS Employment Worth Over N47m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by Supreme145(m): 1:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
I recently sent an application for a web dev job and the supposed client got back to me, he said he was willing to Pay $1800 for a website(first red flag). I was skeptical because the price I see on most freelance site for a similar job is between $300 to $500. Well I took a leap of faith since no one knows where the saviour will come from.

The next red flag was his insistence on paying through cheque which he kept spelling as check, even after I suggested western Union and other methods, therefore I had to provide a resident in the US that he will send the cheque to. Poor and desperate me started scampering around looking for a US resident since I didn't know any.

I sent the screen shot of the mail to a friend in the UK and he told me bluntly without mincing words not to get involved because its apparently a scam. A Nairalander also helped me to get someone in the US who confirmed it to be a scam.

My question know is where the scam comes in because I don't have shishi to give anybody, and would've backed out immediately I'm asked to pay anything. Or is the US resident the target of the scam??.

Few days ago I sent another application this time on what's app and got the same message word for word and the same sample website only a slight change in the price which was reduced to $1500.

Mods please move to front page so we can get more contributions in order to enlighten other job seekers out there.

Modified: somehow I've been unable to upload the pictures

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by RealLordZeus(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
Dem wan use you do picker

3 Likes

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by Freestainworld(m): 2:03pm On Nov 06, 2021
The relatives in America are the real target, they only want to use you as a contact provider, don't be surprised the fool may be somewhere around you in Naija and be claiming American.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by Gosj001: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
Like someone has rightly said. They wan use you for picker.

My siggy

3 Likes

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by padi94(m): 9:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
The person wey want pay you $1500 dey somewhere for Ekpoma they perfect him format... Him guys dey wait as courier or agent wey want deliver the check for a small fee of $100 before them send you the check.

4 Likes

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by oglalasioux(m): 12:32am On Nov 07, 2021
Check is correct for Americans when spelling cheque.

5 Likes

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by illicit(m): 6:36am On Nov 07, 2021
Money laundering

They want to use u and ur American contact to move money or even steal the latter's identity

It's scam because it is not what they told u it is but it is never a scam until u fall for it

1 Like

Re: Is This The New Job Scam Format?? (photos) by clockwisereport: 2:15pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nawao

The hustle is real

Lalasticlala, abeg push this to front page so that other people can know about this format

(1) (Reply)

How To Create Account In AIRTM In Nigeria FAST - Step By Step To Start Earning / Access Bank Test / Virgin Nigeria Is Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.