Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. (1864 Views)

Samsung Na Oga. Just Upgraded My Phone To Android 10 And UI 2.0 / Just Upgraded My Infinx Note 4 To Version 8.0 Tonight See Photo / My Tecno Spark Experience (battery Life) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Peterjnr123: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2021
Good day nairalanders.. early today my phone Tecno spark 4 upgraded to version 10 from the previous version 9.... Actually I didn't actually pushed the button for the upgrade I just connected to my hostel hotspot and before I could notice what's happening I saw a message that says my phone shotting down.... I took the message casually and after a while my phone booted up again... Buh this time I noticed that my boot up animation was kinda different.. and the option for me to input my password before continuing with booting.. the keyboard have also changed after putting my password it took almost like forever for the phone to boot... After the booting everything about my phone has changed and became more fancier... At that point at that point a notification pop up.. "finishing upgrade it was at that point I understood that my phone has upgraded.. cus I quickly when to my settings to check around...

I was very happy.. now the problems are
1.i can't take pic
2.i can no longer connect to a hotspot
3.i can't access any file on my phone.
Even my play music app is saying no music file to play.
4.my Google photo is not showing any file
5.even my file app is not showing any file
Buh my telegram app is still there with all loaded pics
6.my browser history is still there...with my downloaded file which I can only access from the browser itself...

Pls have anyone experienced this..or any tech savvy should pls put me through on what to do
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
For the problems part just give it some time, it may / will become normal..... So transsion phones do receive android version updates. Wow am surprised.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
You enabled your android to"auto update when connected to a wifi" that is why the update took place.I disable auto update on both wifi and mobile data.
Back to your matter.I had updated to android 10 before and my device started malfunctioning until I uninstalled my update from 10 back to 9 before the problem stopped.From 2019 that I bought did the update.I disabled auto update but I decided to update to android 11 recently.However,the malfunctioning issue has stopped.I think android 10 encounters such problems.
Take your device to an engineer to help you sort it out.

2 Likes

Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Peterjnr123: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2021
Joysticks:
You enabled your android to"auto update when connected to a wifi" that is why the update took place.I disable auto update on both wifi and mobile data.
Back to your matter.I had updated to android 10 before and my device started malfunctioning until I uninstalled my update from 10 back to 9 before the problem stopped.From 2019 that I bought did the update.I disabled auto update but I decided to update to android 11 recently.However,the malfunctioning issue has stopped.I think android 10 encounters such problems.
Take your device to an engineer to help you sort it out.

Pld how did you downgrade it
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Ozil25: 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2021
Mine is working perfectly fine when I upgraded it.
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by AREWAELENU: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
E shock but nice to know these

I heard Camon 17 too is going to get android 12
Model404:
For the problems part just give it some time, it may / will become normal..... So transsion phones do receive android version updates. Wow am surprised.
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by YourFavorite21(m): 9:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
My tecno spark 5, Don dey disturb me to upgrade, but i won't do it.
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 06, 2021
AREWAELENU:

whether update or not, let them change their choice of chipset on most of their devices.. Then i can take them serious.. But truth be told the update shock me..
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Itulah(m): 11:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
Model404:
whether update or not, let them change their choice of chipset on most of their devices.. Then i can take them serious.. But truth be told the update shock me..

95% of Tecno product are OTA updatable.
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Jacku: 5:23am On Nov 07, 2021
YourFavorite21:
My tecno spark 5, Don dey disturb me to upgrade, but i won't do it.
why
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by YourFavorite21(m): 5:58am On Nov 07, 2021
Jacku:
why
it's a 2GB ram phone, and once I upgrade it, the memory go just full.
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Emmynation(m): 6:57am On Nov 07, 2021
......well,I don't have an idea of what could be wrong,but I'll suggest you go to settings and reset app preferences. It's possible your apps have been denied permissions by default,it's just a suggestion though, I'll get back if I find an exact cause.
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by scarycuteface(m): 8:53am On Nov 07, 2021
Sorry about that maybe you should try and do a reset, I am sure maybe you backed up your files before doing the update
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by skywalker240(m): 10:02am On Nov 07, 2021
Only on tekinor this kind of shit happens
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Blastedholligan: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
You can delete the update na
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Blastedholligan: 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
AREWAELENU:

Camon 17 will get o. Make sense sha
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by ITbomb(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Was your phone rooted?
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by selfdefence: 7:41am On Nov 08, 2021
After the update, back up and factory reset your device
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by selfdefence: 7:42am On Nov 08, 2021
YourFavorite21:
it's a 2GB ram phone, and once I upgrade it, the memory go just full.
not necessarily, you can update then use your phone master app to clear cache and junk files, that should help with the storage

1 Like

Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by YourFavorite21(m): 7:53am On Nov 08, 2021
selfdefence:
not necessarily, you can update then use your phone master app to clear cache and junk files, that should help with the storage
okay. Tnks
Re: I Upgraded My Tecno Spark 4 And This Is Happening.. by Corroro: 7:40am On Nov 15, 2021
Try resetting your device after the update

(1) (Reply)

Anyone using Glo Direct Internet services? / Security for Bluetooth-Enabled Mobile Phones (Thesis) / Please Has Anyone From Akure Order From Jumia Before???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.