Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win (1438 Views)

Guardiola To Pursue International Dream After City Contract Expires / Man United Fans Attack Ed Woodward's House With Flares (Video) / Manchester Derby: Guardiola Doesn't Like Solskjaer's Comments About Kicking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by JosephChime: 7:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ed Woodward, the manager of Manchester United, has been left with egg on his face following statements he made about Ole Gunnar Solskjaer during the summer.

After another disappointing performance at Old Trafford, a convincing defeat at the hands of arch-rivals Manchester City generated even more worries about the Norwegian's future.

Pep Guardiola's team led 2-0 at halftime thanks to an Eric Bailly own goal and a close-range Bernardo Silva finish.

The visitors took complete control of the game in the second half, and United never looked like attempting a comeback.

The score was not as overwhelming, but City's defeat was not much better than their 5-0 thrashing at home to Liverpool two weeks ago.

At full time, the same boos sounded over Old Trafford, as Solskjaer scurried down the tunnel in a similar manner, knowing that more tough questions were certain to come his way.

The amount of pressure that Solskjaer now faces was not foreseen by Woodward during the summer when he appeared to have complete faith in the 48-year-old.

"We are more sure than ever that we are on the right track under Ole's leadership," he stated in July.

That much has been put into question in recent weeks, with strong rumors linking Antonio Conte and Zinedine Zidane to the job.

The former was recently signed by Tottenham following Nuno Espirito Santo's dismissal, leaving the Red Devils with fewer choices if Solskjaer is fired.

Despite a barrage of criticism from fans and analysts, the Norwegian remained stubborn after the final whistle, as viewers had grown accustomed to in recent weeks.

"David [De Gea] kept us in the game, then they scored one of their trademark goals." They played well, and they don't offer you many chances, so some credit must go to them, but we weren't at our best," he remarked.

"They made it difficult for us, but we sometimes chose the incorrect option, and sometimes the right solution but not the appropriate execution."

"Right now, we're [far behind the top teams], and we need to get back to where we were at the end of last season."

"I'm sure the players will be fresh when we return, and the demands will be high, but we need to get back to where we were for a time, and we have the players to do it."

"We've been through this before, and it's been a very difficult period since the previous home game." We need to be more proactive in terms of systems and style.

"I can't look myself in the eyes and say, 'This is how I want United to be.'"

"I maintain open lines of communication with the club." I want the best for United, and as long as I'm here, I'll do everything I can to help."

IN OTHER NEWS: [url]Manchester United chiefs Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold have confirmed what fans suspected of them[/url]https://bizyjoeblog.com/sports/football/man-utd-chief-ed-woodward-left-red-faced-over-solskjaer-comments-after-man-city-defeat/
Re: Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by Bigredmachine: 7:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
the coach has no hands in man u woes... i am a strong man u fan, ole needs more time grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by olasaad(f): 7:36pm On Nov 06, 2021
Bigredmachine:
the coach has no hands in man u woes... i am a strong man u fan, ole needs more time grin grin grin

Re: Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by dawnomike(m): 8:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
He is fast turning into an Unai Emery(at arsenal).
Re: Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by sammyj: 8:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
dawnomike:
He is fast turning into an Unai Emery(at arsenal).
Unai Emery is far better than this clueless coach of a man abeg don't ever compare them !! angry

1 Like

Re: Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by dawnomike(m): 8:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
sammyj:
Unai Emery is far better than this clueless coach of a man abeg don't ever compare them !! angry
Ha! It is finished cheesy
Re: Man Utd Chief Ed Woodward Left Red Faced Over Solskjaer Comments After City Win by Great100000: 8:32am On Nov 07, 2021
sammyj:
Yes oooo, Am a Chelsea fan but Emery is far far far better than Ole, Emery won EUROPA LEAGUE many times and also won Ligue 1 with PSG.

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News:a World Record Set By Nigeria/nigerians / Racist Slur Sparked Kaita Reaction! / John Obun Disgraced Overage Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.