Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) (52094 Views)

Naira Stages Comeback, Rises To N780/$1 At The Official Market - / Pound To Naira Black Market Rate Today 25th September 2023 / World’s Most Expensive Jacket Costs N780 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Commentor: 6:33am On Nov 07, 2021
EdobabaComedy:

Na you suppose shut up no dey fool yourself for public. If you no know the value of 1 pound for UK just go to bed and no dey claim acapon dey embarrass yourself

Dumbo.

Tell us what you can buy for 1 pound.

Can't be that difficult.
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Commentor: 6:36am On Nov 07, 2021
kart042000:

You present your argument like you know what you are taking about, it is either you are doing it intentionally to confuse the people that are not in the know and hoping to learn one or two things by reading the comments or just personal ignorance.

Countries intentionally keep their value lower than countries they trade with for business reasons, exportation and investment reasons example is China and US, same with Canada and US. The currency is stable and available while some other countries are simply failing to manage the stability of their currency because they don't have the exporting capacity and rather than accept the challenges they will rather blame anything else.

In the UK like so many people already educated you so I won't repeat all they already mentioned, a pound can do a lot of things, there is even a store called pound store where everything is around a pound.

What can you get in the pound store?
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Commentor: 6:38am On Nov 07, 2021
EdobabaComedy:

See how you just full yourself in public dey show your ignorance. With one pound you fit chop chicken and chips or big sausage and chips wey be suffer head food there like garri and groundnut.
Add like two pounds join make am three pounds enter Chinese restaurant chop as you like from morning to evening as long as you no commot go outside. Na you go tire run. How much be beef or chicken kebab? How much be subway? How much be matched potatoes with gravy sauce?

Which chicken and chips is 1 pound?

Who dey lie to you?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by aremuforlife(m): 8:18am On Nov 07, 2021
Commentor:

Which chicken and chips is 1 pound?

Who dey lie to you?
I was surprised.
They just believed, whatever they are been told.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Commentor: 8:21am On Nov 07, 2021
aremuforlife:

I was surprised.
They just believed, whatever they are been told.

It's rather funny.

grin
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Commentor: 8:26am On Nov 07, 2021
frank202012:

aboki keep shut........
what do you know about economy?

countries like dubai that imports almost everything,nigeria is no match with them....
yaradua didnt suffocate the country before our economy became stable for almost three years.....

waawaa

No matter how it is broken down for you, you will still argue.

I'll try though:

UAE oil production - 2.9 million barrels daily.

Nigeria oil production - 1.45 million barrels daily.

‐---------------------------‐--‐----------------------------------------
UAE population - 10 million

Nigeria population - 212 million.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by MJluv(f): 8:46am On Nov 07, 2021
SlyDev:
If Nigeria want to make their money stronger, they need to stop importing and start manufacturing to export

But the last time Buhari closed border to boost local production, some bigots said he is targeting a tribe.

He just closed the borders! How does that boost local production? some of you are infinitely daft.

How does just closing the borders and doing nothing else boost the local production?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Poanan: 11:40am On Nov 07, 2021
SlyDev:
If Nigeria want to make their money stronger, they need to stop importing and start manufacturing to export

But the last time Buhari closed border to boost local production, some bigots said he is targeting a tribe.

U are not sef sufficient yet u ate closing the border. Who does that?

3 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Poanan: 11:41am On Nov 07, 2021
aremuforlife:

This was 2017 report, inflation has hit UK badly, just like every part of the world.

By how many percent?

4 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by tk003(m): 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
aremuforlife:

Stop believing rubbish, you have just been fooled by your imaginary friend.
Even the pounds we are talking about, what can you use one pound to buy in UK?
We all know what we can buy with #780.
Devaluation of naira should be a blessing to us, but we are too lazy to work on the advantages.
Devaluation of naira is more profitable to diasporians.

What can N1 buy you in Nigeria??

8 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by frank202012: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Commentor:

No matter how it is broken down for you, you will still argue.

I'll try though:

UAE oil production - 2.9 million barrels daily.

Nigeria oil production - 1.45 million barrels daily.

‐---------------------------‐--‐----------------------------------------
UAE population - 10 million

Nigeria population - 212 million.

and the only viable economic undertaking this useless government can think of is to suffocate the hungry country?
UAE produces more barrels with lesser population yet they still import with their standard nd nigeria with no food security,no electricity, no access to the basic needs of life is shutting up every angle......

i wont reply you again.....

9 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Commentor: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
frank202012:

and the only viable economic undertaking this useless government can think of is to suffocate the hungry country?
UAE produces more barrels with lesser population yet they still import with their standard nd nigeria with no food security,no electricity, no access to the basic needs of life is shutting up every angle......

i wont reply you again.....

Because you don't have any sense

If you earn 50k and have 20 kids while I earn 100k and have 1 kid, between the 2 of us, who should be farming?

Dumbass.

1 Like

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by rhektor(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2021
aremuforlife:

You don't compare 1naira to 1pound, you equivalent it the counterparts.
Do you know why most businesses man and woman chose China as their market destination?
China purposely devalue their currency.
Like I said, 1pound can't fetch a plate meal, but you can get a plate of meal with #780 in Lagos and more in other part of the country, even cheaper FCT

Many people just make a mess of their economics knowledge when they only make assertions about the naira based on exchange rate and they forget the purchasing power of currencies in their respective domain. 1 pound can not buy in the UK what its equivalent can buy in Nigeria. Although the naira seems weak in international trade but locally it is very much strong. 750 naira can still buy a complete meal anywhere in Nigeria, 1 pound can not do such in the UK

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by rhektor(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2021
Alfamann:

Please tell us what we can buy with #780

Even though the naira is weak in international trade, #750 will still give you a complete meal anywhere in Nigeria unlike one pound in the UK. The purpose of weak naira is to discourage import and encourage export. Y'all should just stop displaying ignorance on currency and purchasing power

2 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Thefirmorganics(f): 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
Nigerian government stay winning wink
Check my bio
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Nov 25, 2021
hisexcellency34:
President Muhammadu Buhari should please do more to redeem the image of Nigeria's battered currency.
1 pound sterling to N780 is just unacceptable. Just a little change and it is N1,000 (our highest denomination)

Well, if we left oil alone and actually diversified the economy, and made it an economy based on exporting industrial consumer products...we would get to a point where one pound equalls one naira.

Nigeria and Nigerians prefer national cake to national productivity...that's why we are here.
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Zion243(m): 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlyDev:

Buhari advocate, what does the UK export?

5 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by preshyusufu: 2:51pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlyDev:

but the border close for more than 1 year na, what did we gain sir.

1 Like

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Grupo(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2021
SlyDev:

You and your Buhari are numerical idiots. And I won't explain.

11 Likes

Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Walkee: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
bolaayenimo:
A friend recently told me Zimbabawean money that is the worthless in Africa now has value than naira. I refuse to believe it
you have issues with degree words(most and more)?
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Bigpapi: 2:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
Oh God I just need 3500 euros now with this rate
Re: Pound To Naira: Can You Believe This Tiny Coin Is N780? (Pictures) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 25, 2021
Abeg any link to reach London?

IF YOU LIKE TO PARTNER SOMEBODY IN AKURE FOR AGRICULTURAL SME, LET ME KNOW , YOUTH LET STANDUP FOR AGRICULTURE, OIL IS NOT TAKING US ANYWHERE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Make A Huge Success Online With PPD / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos / Lagos Female Christmas Shoppers Hide Money In Undies To Beat Pickpockets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.