Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) (28849 Views)

Fight Breaks Out At The Lagos Airport As NLC Attempts To Shut It Down. / 2 Jets Stolen At Lagos Airport: Nigerians React / 78-Year-Old Woman Stranded At Lagos Airport. Photo (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Faithful007: 12:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

2. The average American doesn't "understand" people outside their town or region, so there's no reason to believe most can grasp a different culture. And they confirm their ignorance every day regarding other cultures. Their cultural observations are garbage.
This is only where you made a little point. But corruption is not a way of life my friend. He has lived in a system that works and has every right to be blunt and criticize Lagos Airport. But keep on defending the indefensible though. You'll still die poorer than him, that's sure.

You forgot to add the fact that Americans call out BS bluntly.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Ashirioluwa: 12:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
This is not new to the world because another name for this country called Nigeria is Corruption. This happened at all levels from Buhari to local citizens.

Nigerian citizens see this as a normal thing. Early this year a Nigerian paid almost 400k to get spot for US visa interviews. At the end of the day he doesn’t even get the visa. Why are we paying for something that supposed to be free?

Also someone on nairaland (@odunayoKusa01) said he paid 380k to get interview spot for Poland work visa. Also he doesn’t get the visa.

My wife’s friend once introduced someone to me that claimed he could get Canada visa for 800k. My wife almost fell for this scam. The man never even been to Canada before. One year later I got the visa for my wife following the normal process. The bastard took 800k from my wife’s friend without getting her visa.

Nigerian citizens are more corrupt than the so called government officials because we always looking for ways to cut corners.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by codemaniacs: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Litmus:
A Nigerian Vloger used to finding faults in Everything Nigeria, including the usual finger pointing at corruption at Nigeria airports and overblown negative comparison of Nigeria airports with the glorious honesty found at Airports everywhere not Nigeria had nothing to say for herself when her suitcase containing her expensive camera where stolen by Mauritius Airport officials.

Which vlogger?
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by wisdomkid: 12:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Englandboy:
What was he expecting from a country rule by corrupt politicans, this is my second Ftc today please like for me.

You don make am for life sha.
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Omonigho1976: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:
1. The average American is an ídíot. Outside of the northeast, it's basically village people only while village people are uneducated, Americans are just stúpid.

2. The average American doesn't "understand" people outside their town or region, so there's no reason to believe most can grasp a different culture. And they confirm their ignorance every day regarding other cultures. Their cultural observations are garbage.

3. Oyinbos are deranged, racist m0r0ns. Their opinions on anyone who isn't white can't be trusted. It's like asking what an Arab thinks about Jews.

4. Americans are lazy af, and would rather do anything besides work to make money. That of course includes posting complete bs on YT.

5. It's common knowledge that people post bs on YT. And that people like that oyinbo will film for days or weeks to get the footage they want, and mangle the footage to make it more extreme. If that doesn't work, they'll pay people to fake it.

6. Many Americans are as insecure as they are stúpid. They love spreading lies (and consuming them) about virtually any foreign country, including every European country. It literally bothers them to think that someone will leave the US and enjoy their life, or that people in other countries are happy.

7. Yes, this problem exists. But it doesn't change the fact that oyinbos are notorious liars.
read out loud all you wrote here and record with your phone, when you're through then sit down somewhere quiet, play back what you recorded and listen !

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Cmanforall: 12:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by samonak(m): 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
No be small thing oh!
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by baggioni: 12:34pm On Nov 08, 2021
Helkayklassic:
News like this made front page some days back, but seriously is there nothing to be done to curtail this rubbish going on at the airport?
Incase you have a solution, don't limit it to the airport but every facet of the Nigerian society. In short, an average Nigerian is corrupt but we pretend as if we are not part of the Nigerian problem. Pretension, Hypocrisy and Manipulative tendencies are embedded in our genes.
What we need to do is to firstly and quickly deal with ourselves and stop shouting "Nigeria is a shithole",cos we all made it so.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by rejoice4eva(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Every 'Nigerian' is corrupt, except St B U H A R I

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by 9jakool: 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lagos airport is the first impression that foreigners get when they first land in Nigeria. Immediately they are met with attitude, deceit and extortion, which only reflects poorly on nigerians. Nigeria is an exemption because the poorest countries in Africa don't extort passengers at their airports. It doesn't even end there as the average Nigerian on the street is looking to extort oyinbo in the name of hustling. And we wonder why the politicians are so corrupt. It's apparent that the collective psyche of Nigerians has to change before any fundamental progress can be made.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Sheriman(m): 12:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nigeria society is riddled with corruption and we are happy, celebrating and enjoying it most especially if it favor us.
We can all see where corruption is taking us to in this country so let us continue with it.
Nigeria moral decadence is second to none. We are celebrating, praising and glorifying Yahoo Yahoo, we are justifying their fraudulent activities using our condition as an excuse of finding solace in fraudulent activities. If it continues like this one day these boys will turn back to wire the little naira you and I have in bank.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by SmartPolician: 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:
1. The average American is an ídíot. Outside of the northeast, it's basically village people only while village people are uneducated, Americans are just stúpid.

3. Oyinbos are deranged, racist m0r0ns. Their opinions on anyone who isn't white can't be trusted. It's like asking what an Arab thinks about Jews.

4. Americans are lazy af, and would rather do anything besides work to make money. That of course includes posting complete bs on YT.

5. It's common knowledge that people post bs on YT. And that people like that oyinbo will film for days or weeks to get the footage they want, and mangle the footage to make it more extreme. If that doesn't work, they'll pay people to fake it.

6. Many Americans are as insecure as they are stúpid. They love spreading lies (and consuming them) about virtually any foreign country, including every European country. It literally bothers them to think that someone will leave the US and enjoy their life, or that people in other countries are happy.

7. Yes, this problem exists. But it doesn't change the fact that oyinbos are notorious liars.

You want to do that Nigerian whataboutism with someone who exposed institutional corruption instead of fix it.

In short, you are a disgrace to yourself and family.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Maxymilliano(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
I love his last word "Nigeria is not for the faint hearted"...

Pathetic

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by CAPITALBEE: 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

WTF are you saying bro?

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Ykc2(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

the last thing I will do is join people like you defending nigeria while politicians are happy your defending them there by embezzling the remain money,I think your not a traveller because if you travel frequently you will put curses on our airport officials,your plane will arrive muritala Mohammed Airport by 7:a.m they will be delaying passengers while they re begging for money. Before you will leave Airport maybe 10 or 11 a.m ,what of going back to your base you will get to Airport with your food stuffs another problem ,as soon as I disembark from my plane in vienna am through with Airport in under 20munites,once I land nigeria my anger frustrations will start ,tufiaa for nigeria

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Kobicove(m): 12:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
FarahAideed:
The truth is that 99 percent of NIGERIANs have corruption engrained in their DNA..They only complain about corruption when they are not benefiting for it ...The kind of rot in Nigeria takes 100s of million corrupt people to achieve ...Send 99 percent of NIGERIANs to that airport and they will do the same corrupt things

You got that right, an average Nigerian will manipulate a system for his own benefit after criticizing others for doing same!

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by sencekompis: 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
I left Nigeria 1992 came back 2005 till this minute,SAME DISHONEST HORRIBLE LIARS in every sectors, Your airport is a jungle yes,even my Aboki security man is a croke to his family and neigbors talkless. I thank God for the opportunity given make una de enjoy una sweet society built on LIES dego.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Kobicove(m): 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
It is only in Nigerian airports that you will see touts walking about aimlessly. angry

When you land in an airport in Europe you will never see people harassing you for money or pretending to assist you with a trolley just so you can give them money

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by CAPITALBEE: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2021

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by dettolgel: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
sencekompis:

HOW MANY COUNTRY AIRPORTS HAVE YOU PASS THROUGH IN YOUR LIFE? AM ON A PLANE EVERY 3 /4 DAYS. SAY IT LOUDER LAGOS NIGERIA AIRPORT IS A LION'S DEN. YOU'RE A DISHONEST FELLOW.

My brother I have been to several airports in at least four different continents and I have never seen anything nearly as corrupt as Lagos.

It is either the family member of the guy you quoted or himself works in that airport or maybe he has never used the airport in his entire life.

Some people only go through Abj Airport and they have no clue what is obtainable in Lagos airport.

Personally I have never given anyone 1 kobo in that airport for over 10 years that I have been using it. Me I go frown my face die you can't see me dressing flashy anywhere near that airport ooh.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by jcross19: 12:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

stop writing in verses. See, what he said is it true or no? Stop covering up for corruption....

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by mmsen: 12:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:
Why would anyone pay attention to what an American oyinbo has to say about life in Africa? You can't be serious.

Sadly what he says is true.

He isn't the first person to experience such nonsense.

It really says much about a country when their first encounter is a crooked immigration official.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by samonak(m): 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
googlepikins:

You're the true definition of this picture

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by mmsen: 12:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
dettolgel:

My brother I have been to several airports in at least four different continents and I have never seen anything where as corrupt as Lagos.

It is either the family member of the guy you quoted or himself works in that airport or maybe he has never used the airport in his entire life.

Some people only go through Abj Airport and they have no clue what is obtainable in Lagos airport.

Personally I have never given anyone 1 kobo in that airport for over 10 years that I have been using it. Me I go frown my face die you can see me dressing flashy anywhere near that airport ooh.

The problem with Murtala Muhammad isn't just the blatant corruption but that it's a disorganized mess. It's the worst international airport that I've ever passed through.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Benprass(m): 12:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

I was thinking buhari was the only dull human in this country, I never knew your own stupidity is beyond the depreciation of the Naria, God forbid bad thing.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Systemic corruption and unprofessionalism and they are shameless about it.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by treatise: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
Englandboy:
baba thanks I was in hurry to write first

Na English we Wan chop? At least you've expressed yourself.
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by treatise: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
mmsen:

The problem with Murtala Muhammad isn't just that it is corrupt but that it's a disorganized mess. It's the worst international airport that I've ever passed through.

It's a reflection of our polity.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by KingOfAmebo(m): 12:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

"...And you are one of the corrupt Airport officials who extort money from travellers, criminals denting the already soiled name of this country". - Village People spokesperson.

Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
treatise:

Thank u boss I tire o
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2021
treatise:

I tire o
Re: Lagos Airport Extremely Corrupt – Sabbatical, American Vlogger (Video) by michresakidjo(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
modsfucker:

The height of corruption is when a self-acclaimed Englandboy can't write good English.

grin grin cheesy cheesy chai!!! ❤

Car Runs Into A Building In Ibadan (photo) / 33,000 Litres Fuel Tanker Falls Into Ogbese River Along Owo Road (PHOTOS) / Police Officers Cause Accident In Imo State (Disturbing Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74