Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,704 members, 7,831,206 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo (26173 Views)

Obasanjo: I Ordered Obas To Stand Because They Were Disrespectful / Ex-Senators, Ex-Reps Ask Tinubu To Run For President / South-west Group Demands Autonomy Of Yoruba Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Echoban: 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
Penguin2:

But tell yourself the truth...

Do you have the numbers?

It’s not even guaranteed that the whole of Southwest will vote will vote Osinbajo not to talk of Tinubu.

The Southwest are are already getting disenchanted with Tinubu’s overbearing attitude.

For Osinbajo, some school of thought in Yorubaland are already asking, “why always Ogun”?

From Shonekan to Abiola to Obasanjo and now Osinbajo. Why always Ogun? That alone might cost him some votes.

Now, outside the Southwest, where else would the votes come from? Northwest?

The big question is can Southwest and Northwest votes alone guarantee the presidency for the Southwest? No. This is even using the assumption that the Northwest will vote a Yoruba man over a northerner.

Let’s imagine Tambuwal who is from Sokoto in Northwest gets the ticket, do you think Northwest votes won’t be divided? No matter the loyalty for APC.

Now, imagine Atiku gets the ticket again, that means Northeast votes gone for PDP, North Central divided 70:30 in favor of PDP while Northwest where APC vice presidential candidate might come from might divided 70:30 in favor of APC.

Then we come down south: the entire SE/SS is sure to give bloc votes to PDP plus some Southwest dissidents.

Where are the numbers?

The parmutation of 2019 was more than this but na zero las las.
.then was. Atiku dividing north vote, SS/SE Bloc vote , Central divided then boom Atiku emerge, no b so una talk am for 2029? That was wen buhari was even glaringly fucking up. Starboy bdey come u dey talk plenty.

4 Likes

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by clothingonline(m): 5:26pm On Nov 07, 2021
Everyone should go out for primary or let there be consensus candidate

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Sonyboom765: 5:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Yorubas ain't ingrate like you cursed Igbos. Even if Osbajo become the president he will till eternity honor cherish the benevolence of who got him the job. You can ask Fashola for update.

PrinceOfLagos:
Tinubu, Your people said you should sempe, that your time don pass.

Osibanjo is the new south west political leader ..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by DMerciful(m): 5:30pm On Nov 07, 2021
You think North is not afraid of Nigeria breakup? They can't try it!
melaniaup:

And you think if northerners play their game they buhari won't allow himself to be sack for atiku to enter, buhari is only trying his best to keep things okay

But the north will want it

1 Like

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Alexis11: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
SonofDevil:
Delusion grandneur.
Your permutations is only base on politics of clannishness and bigotry sorry it only exist in south east .north doesn't play such politics.

Tell the audience me a pratical way pdp will stop loosing in core north of north east and north west region .
PDP have been loosing core north in2003,(cheated in 2007) lost 2011,2015,2019?

Anytime I see their political analysis, which always borne out of deep hatred for Yorubas I always burst into laughter. grin

cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by ayclem01(m): 5:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
olatuns2017:

Osibanjo will be another Jonathan GEJ

It's not about being a pastor or professor ooo to rule Nigeria you must be vast, grassroots knowledge ,know the cabal in and out and above all be Tough if not ....cabal will canalized you!

We need a man that can pull confidence, support n compromise from all 6 geo political zones!

Nigeria is a tough and problematic country which is vital for africa development!!!

All the problems are mostly political and we need a political wizard to solve some of the fundamental

Na true talk be dis
problem
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Sonyboom765: 5:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
List 2 prominent yoruba that questioned you Igbo father why always Ogun. ?

Foolish Igbos like you just do not understand Yorubas understand necessity without being tutored on like your bastard that your miserable wretched live is besiege with endemic hate n chronic bigotry.

Penguin2:

Do you have the numbers?

It’s not even guaranteed that the whole of Southwest will vote will vote Osinbajo not to talk of Tinubu.

The Southwest are are already getting disenchanted with Tinubu’s overbearing attitude.

For Osinbajo, some school of thought in Yorubaland are already asking, “why always Ogun”?

From Shonekan to Abiola to Obasanjo and now Osinbajo. Why always Ogun? That alone might cost him some votes.

The big question is can Southwest and Northwest votes alone guarantee the presidency for the Southwest? No. This is even using the assumption that the Northwest will vote a Yoruba man over a northerner.

Let’s imagine Tambuwal who is from Sokoto in Northwest gets the ticket, do you think Northwest votes won’t be divided? No matter the loyalty for APC.

Now, imagine Atiku gets the ticket again, that means Northeast votes gone for PDP, North Central divided 70:30 in favor of PDP while Northwest where APC vice presidential candidate might come from might divided 70:30 in favor of APC.

Then we come down south: the entire SE/SS is sure to give bloc votes to PDP plus some Southwest dissidents.

Where are the numbers?

3 Likes

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Alexis11: 5:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
SonofDevil:
children of hatred and Bigotry you wish north plays clannish politics like nyamiris
While abiola was trashing tofa in North you nyamirs were voting tofa against abiola a southerner in igboland .

Same thing will happen in 2023

They will still vote Fulani against Yoruba

Then Yoruba will win and they will start preaching southern unity again.

No be today. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by PrinceOfLagos: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Sonyboom765:
Yorubas ain't ingrate like you cursed Igbos. Even if Osbajo become the president he will till eternity honor cherish the benevolence of who got him the job. You can ask Fashola for update.

Gbenu'e soun jare

Everybody is Igbo to you
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Sonyboom765: 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
oladelefakolade:
Yeyenatu. Which kind popularity? If election is free and fair today, APC cannot win Southwest

Is it your foolish igbo father that will win it then ?!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by dadabashua1(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
Wiifesnatcher:

East block votes grin? which bloc votes East get?
honestly votes from the east doesn't count o,if you check elections results for since the return of democracy, south south has better voting influence via number of votes way way more than the south east,when I was counting on them only to start seeing nonsense figures that one LGA here in the north will comfortably swallow,kaiiii for a major tribe in Nigeria o.smh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Lilfire(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
APC only card in winning the 2023 election is Osibanjo, he too will only lay a foundation after covering the big whole bubu has created, I wish people could see his potentialz, the northern cabals make sure he was tigh down by all means but with him APC have a chance and he can start the laying of foundation for a greeter Nigeria[b][/b]
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by jrusky(m): 5:36pm On Nov 07, 2021
To be honest Tinubu should go and rest he is weak health wise Nigeria can not afford another correct logic standing upside down human as president again.

And for those insulting SW pls shut da f u c k SW are not stopping any region from lobbying their own stand and SW can not be lobbying for a region who sat on the fence, today they want their own nation tomorrow they want presidency as a gift or as palliative it can not work. So shut da f u c k if any region want presidency go for it and close those book of lamentation chapter 1vs1 bullshit you opened.

Buhari has collapsed Nigeria structure now is everyone should ight for his house or else you will just be crying me ocean for nothing. Moreso apc for any reason should stay in Aso Rock after 2023 because the party naturally carried curse because its foundation is evil so no matter who apc present SW or SE or SS or NN or NE etc will still fail.

Sorry I'm not canvassing here for pdp but apc will never fix Nigeria if even they stay in power for 50 years.

3 Likes

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by treatise: 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kayberg:
Baba B.A.T. is already aged.
What he needs now is rest, not Nigeria's burden.

Is your submission based on "sitting on a chair whilst praying in a mosque"?
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by olatuns2017: 5:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Davash222:
Tinubu is greedy. He will rather die than step down for Star boy.

For all you n your likes

Una be mumu or indomie sorosoke gems!

That's why your dad need to send you to good school or you need to stop these social media news for information...

For your likes and Ibos here

Ask your daddy at home about these and tell me later if BAT is politically greedy or not:

...In 2006/7 BAT obtained senatorial form to go to the senate BUT later gave the ticket/form to Ganiu solomon GOS.

....in 2014 BAT had a plan to be VP with PMB but saraki and Co in APC said Nigeria can't have a Muslim Muslim ticket
BAT had the influence to pursue his ambition but he allowed them had their way !

...BAT could have normited his wife who was a Christian but he didn't

...BAT normited Osibanjo who is from Ogun state but was one time commissioner under BAT

BAT is going to contest in 2023 and he will win
Even if it's Muslim Muslim ticket

Una go get headache tire

Pls can your daddy ogogoro drunkard allow a man from Imo becomes commissioner in Anambra??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by bigtt76(f): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Has both come out to state they were contesting or these are just mere speculations?

PrinceOfLagos:
By Omeiza Ajayi, Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/2023-swest-group-lobbies-govs-obas-to-ask-tinubu-to-step-down-for-osinbajo/

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by muheeb01(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
I doubt if this is going to be possible....in all honesty tinubu should rest and allow a vibrant and educated lawyer like Osinbajo,my opinion tho

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Alexis11: 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
AntonVince:

I see.
Religion doesn't matter in the SW but State of Origin does.
grin

...and you expect the other parts of the South to support the SW?
Shey na only SW the other parts of the South come serve, abi?

I also don't agree with what the person you quoted said, but how did SW stop other Southerners from contesting??
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Carlyboi(m): 5:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
I prefer Fashola to Osinbajo Abeg!I don’t think Tinubu would contest for any presidency anyways....that’s if he knows what’s good for him!
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Sholaco: 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Alexis11:

Same thing will happy in 2023

They will still vote Fulani against Yoruba

Then Yoruba will win and they will start preaching southern unity again.

No be today. cheesy
i don't know why this tribe hate yoruba sad. This yoruba and hausa gave them freedom to do business in their region notwithstanding of their bad behaviour and venom

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Munzy14(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Davash222:
Tinubu is greedy. He will rather die than step down for Star boy.
In a sane country, the two won't even get the comparison..

Nigeria needs a younger, and dogged technocrat to see if they can make the country work.

Tinubu will be an irredeemable disaster.. lipsrsealed
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Babastrong(m): 5:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
[quote author=PrinceOfLagos post=107407916]By Omeiza Ajayi, Abuja

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/11/2023-swest-group-lobbies-govs-obas-to-ask-tinubu-to-step-down-for-osinbajo/

[the northerners cannot win this game. They want us to present someone they can easily manipulate. NO!
TINUBU, we trust. Easterners can kill themselves if they like.]

1 Like

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by horladexino(m): 5:42pm On Nov 07, 2021
parklamson:

It’s not about south west it’s about individual that made up south west. Osinbajo is from Ogun state nah only Ogun state we Yoruba con serve in sw

So my brother omo oodua
which candidate do you thnk frm southwest apart frm osinbajo
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by OYAY(m): 5:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
Were they the ones that appealed on his behalf before he became the vice president??

Nonsense!!!!
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by dadabashua1(m): 5:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
I hardly make comments about politics here,but I've been seeing a VERY wrong statements o,I'm in the north,so I'm not making comments out of ignorance,trust me when I tell you that most northerners prefer osinbajo over Atiku,the love for buhari is crazy,and they see Osinbajo as the closest person to continue the buhari agenda,and are mobilizing already for him o,but trust me the person they dislike the most is tinubu,Atiku will get their votes IF tinubu is the person to run under APC, but trust me Atiku can't beat Osinbajo especially in the northwest all thanks to his relationship with Buhari

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by APCNig: 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Osinbajo cannot be South-West political leader. Even if we present him and he becomes President, he will still take instruction from the Jagaban Borgu.

Ahmadu Bello was the leader of the North, he appointed Tafawa Bakewa as Prime Minister. Go and read your history book.

1 Like

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by emmykk(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Since obas and elders have rejected him before the main gathering of Nigerians, something we have be singing to Nairaland riff raff but will not listen.
Now do osinbajo have the structure of Tinubu? I m asking this because as usual if he decide to betrayal osinbajo will he be able to stand

1 Like

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by emecheboy2(m): 5:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
By Omeiza Ajayi, Abuja

After seeing tinubu sitting on a chair during Friday prayer, it is enough to tell him to set down. He is physically and mentally fit for the challenges ahead unless we want another #LondonPresident2.0.

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by MNDY(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
I can only imagine how confused the cabal must be on this APC ticket issue. My question is, can they be pushing for who they can control or the cabal ends with Buhari? With Osibanjo or Tinubu let themselves be controlled? A very critical time in Nigeria's history. For PDP, are we looking at Saraki or Atiku again? Looking at northern support for a northerner, is Atiku Nigeria's next president? The Southwest is too divided to guarantee victory for any candidate from there. Make APC no even reason any rigging fro power of incumbency because e nor go work.

1 Like

Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by DMerciful(m): 5:47pm On Nov 07, 2021
We know Bubu is incompetent, clannish,
fundamentalist and has nothing to offer and so far we've been right.

Yaradua and Atiku are fulanis but we voted for them. They're liberals
frankson1:

What has PDP done for SE/SS to deserve block votes

I've always known that the hatred towards PMB is not because he's a bad man or Fulani but because he's in a different party. You guys are wishing and getting ready to vote another Fulani man as the President.
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by joefelin2345: 5:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
Penguin2:

Do you have the numbers?

Where are the numbers?
Thank you for this very important observation. You even omitted Awolowo. From Awolowo to Sonekan to Abiola to Obasanjo to Osinbajo. Haba. Aiye yin ni gbogbo Yoruba wa ni? That was even what Chief SLA Akintola fought for. You removed him by Fiat only to bring Adegbenro (an Egba man from the same axis) & the man asked... why not an Ijesha or Ekiti or Ife etc person. Thank God my people are now seeing the light at last even if it is over 50 years.
Re: South West Group Lobby Governors, Obas To Ask Tinubu Step Down For Osibanjo by Alexis11: 5:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
Sholaco:
i don't know why this tribe hate yoruba sad. This yoruba and hausa gave them freedom to do business in their region notwithstanding of their bad behaviour and venom

It's deep jealousy. If you read pre independence history of Nigeria you will understand. Igbos actually thought they would be dominating the Southern Nigeria after independence and that is why Azikiwe formed a government with Ahmadu Bello instead of Awolowo. They considered Yorubas to be minority cheesy... The way things have turned against them in favour of the Yorubas pain them so much.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Shares Husband’s Photos To Celebrate His Birthday / Malam Wada Maida Is Dead / Ortom Blasts Buhari: These Fulanis Are From Mali & Niger; Not Even Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.