Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,494 members, 7,823,156 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin (1835 Views)

Kano Explosion: 9 Bodies Recovered From The Rubble Of Collapsed Building / Governor Dapo Abiodun Pays Condolence Visit To Femi Osibona's Father (Photos) / Goodluck Jonathan & His Wife Patience Visit Site Of Collapsed Building In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by KingGBsky(m): 5:17pm On Nov 07, 2021
In an opinion article titled, ‘The Unsolvable Jigsaw of the Ikoyi Tragedy’, Momodu said the deceased was an ambitious man and not the “greedy avaricious person that his traducers now suggest he is”.

Journalist and writer, Dele Momodu says the late Femi Osibona, owner of Fourscore Homes and developer of the 21-storey building that collapsed in Lagos, was a cousin of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

On Monday, the building located on Gerrard Road, Ikoyi, Lagos collapsed, killing over 40 people, including Osibona.

SaharaReporters Media

In an opinion article titled, ‘The Unsolvable Jigsaw of the Ikoyi Tragedy’, Momodu said the deceased was an ambitious man and not the “greedy avaricious person that his traducers now suggest he is”.

He added that Osibona despite being a cousin of Vice President Osibanjo never sought or got any government contracts.

“I had known Femi for over 20 years in London as an extremely gifted marketer. Femi’s tongue was honey-coated, and it was impossible not to like him,” Momodu said.

“We lost touch after I ended exile and returned to Africa, but he soon traced me to Ghana, and he came visiting. He was so happy to reunite with me. He told me how God had blessed him mightily and had made him veer into real estate in London. Femi was a genius who made stupendous gains from regenerating ghetto neighbourhoods in East London. He regaled me with tales of his exploits in the property business.

“He promised to build the classiest residential apartments in Africa. He said he was out to prove there was nothing the multinational construction companies were doing that his company can’t do. I have never seen such a level of audacity, determination and tenacity. Fourscore was a visionary and a missionary when it came to seeking to excel and do as well as his international counterparts at home and abroad. He had competed in their space, in their countries before, with moderate successes and did not see any reason why he could not replicate the same and attain loftier heights in his home country.

“If he made any mistakes, it was probably that he overstretched himself, but he was such an ambitious man, full of faith. And certainly not the greedy avaricious person that his traducers now suggest he is. In our country, mistakes are never excused, forgiven or forgotten. When you fail, you’re a villain and outcast. When you succeed, you’re a hero, genius and superstar."

Momodu said the inquest and investigation ordered into the incident should be done diligently

“It must be painstaking and thorough. Such investigations cannot last thirty days as being directed by the government; I foresee that any credible inquiry must take months of arduous diligent work. Various possibilities including negligence, sabotage and even natural or human causes such as the over-dredging occurring in that vicinity must be considered. Dead men tell no tales. They cannot defend themselves, but records and logic abound,” he added.
“Those making claims and allegations which are easily rumpled will soon be exposed. I’d known that In February 2020 the third block was at the beginning of the foundation stage and the other two blocks were merely a few storeys gone. It is interesting that nobody who had any misgivings reported such to the Regulators. I say no more, other than that it is always convenient to cast aspersions when it seems there is no potential for the reply.

“What I know is Fourscore was a self-made man who depended on no godfather. Despite being a cousin of the vice-president, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, he was too proud and self-reliant to approach the vice-president or anybody else for favours of that kind. He never sought for or got any government contracts. He relied on his own ability, marketing skills and funds.”

http://saharareporters.com/2021/11/07/developer-collapsed-lagos-21-storey-building-femi-osibona-was-vice-president-osinbajo’s

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by FarahAideed: 5:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hmm
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Maxymilliano(m): 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2021
Fear people like Dele Momodu grin grin grin

He sounds like he is defending Femi Osibona but his aim is to let the public know the relationship between the deceased and the Vice President.

It is now left for the readers to connect the dots

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by seunmsg(m): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
Saharareporters should resist the urge to shalaye. Sowore either refutes the earlier libelous publication and apologize or face the impending legal consequences. Whether they are brothers or lovers won’t stop the court case unless the needful is done.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by sammy329(m): 6:05pm On Nov 07, 2021
grin grin grin

Sahara reporters is just trying hard to blackmail the VP sha.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by tinsel: 6:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
Any thing wrong with been his cousin. Armed robbers are somebody brothers and sisters.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by EMAXIM(m): 6:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
May their souls rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by vanbonattel: 6:34pm On Nov 07, 2021
You see
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Chapii: 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
Was
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by delpee(f): 6:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
From this report, the VP has nothing to do with the project. We all have cousins whose businesses are not known to us or we're simply not involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Jimasun: 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
vanbonattel:
You see
IPOB man, I know you want the downfall of Osinbajo at all cost, but try dey use sense sometimes

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Figger(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Maxymilliano:

He sounds like he is defending Femi Osibona but his aim is to let the public know the relationship between the deceased and the Vice President.

sense no go Kee u, you're very correct.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Tedpgrass: 7:23pm On Nov 07, 2021
Unfortunate set of events..

Quite a few learning points if a deep transparent investigation can be done.

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by JavaScript90: 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
I talk am. he was just a front for osibanjo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Ruggman: 8:07pm On Nov 07, 2021
Maxymilliano:

to

You are a genius, I see you
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Ruggman: 8:11pm On Nov 07, 2021
seunmsg:
Saharareporters should resist the urge to shalaye. Sowore either refutes the earlier libelous publication and apologize or face the impending legal consequences. Whether they are brothers or lovers won’t stop the court case unless the needful is done.

Believe it or not the court case will soon die ones the public interest in the matter dies.

I fear Nigeria and our leaders they know how to play the people around and divert our attention
Knowing that we will soon forget and move on ones another event happens

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Ruggman: 8:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
tinsel:
Any thing wrong with been his cousin. Armed robbers are somebody brothers and sisters.

I hope you are not calling late osibona a name.

Please clarify things, we are waiting
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by BigSarah(f): 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
delpee:
From this report, the VP has nothing to do with the project. We all have cousins whose businesses are not known to us or we're simply not involved.

Femi sells his real estate to mostly friends and family or close acquaintances... - David Hundeyin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by tinsel: 8:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Ruggman:

I hope you are not calling late osibona a name.

Please clarify things, we are waiting
Read me well. They told us he was the VP cousin and my question is if any thing wrong with that? After all, armed robbers are somebody brothers and sisters as well.
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by KingGBsky(m): 8:55pm On Nov 07, 2021
seunmsg:

Why would he apologize if he actually have a claim on his defense to his story?
We don’t know who’s telling the truth yet. No one knows he had close relationship with the late Osibona earlier.

1 Like

Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
The guy knew he would die! He just had to take many souls with him!

Moral lesson: always pray before leaving your house make them no go use you do contribution!
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by Nobody: 2:06am On Nov 08, 2021
Sahara reporter about to publish their retraction would be like highest common factor and lowest common factor between OSIBANJO and OSIBONA ....they might be a link o...make we wait small we still get small time 48hours never reach...
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by dasparrow: 2:19am On Nov 08, 2021
He is a cousin to the VP? No wonder when Lagos state government initially stopped construction of that doomed building, the developer hired thugs not to let government building inspectors on the premises. Shortly after, he continued construction and though he was approved for 15 stories, he constructed 21 and the pillars of the building had foam in it. You be the judge.
Re: Developer Of Collapsed Building, Femi Osibona Was Vice President Osinbajo Cousin by ivandragon: 4:01am On Nov 08, 2021
Smoke & mirrors...

(1) (Reply)

This Is Nnewichi, Nnewi Anambra State / Obidient Supporter Mocks Reno Omokri And FFK Using Hens And Grains(video) / Obidients Kitchen And Bar Spotted In Asaba Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.