Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot (52237 Views)

Substitute For Meat And Fish / The Pot Of Soup A Man Cooked With N1000 (photos) / Woman Sells Rat Meat By Roadside. Would You Buy? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by lereinter(m): 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
What will the meat give you
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 3:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Rydermaverick:
Why people no dey ever hear word for this naija?
For your sake this is rat and you ate a rat?
It's very unhygienic abeg..how the meat take dey sweet una sef..no be everything you go chop oo..

The difference between this and a house rat is as huge as the difference between a house cat and a lion genetically speaking.

Humans in Africa have been hunting and eating the Giant Pouched rats since the beginning of time.
Same with Thyraxes or "cane rats".
There are even farms that farm them and there is a pet market for it in Europe as well.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 3:55pm On Nov 08, 2021
Remag666:
Oh please that's just superstition undecided if you don't cut the neck what will happen?
That's not superstition it's common science or common sense.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ekealterego:

The difference between this and a house rat is as huge as the difference between a house cat and a lion genetically speaking.

Humans in Africa have been hunting and eating the Giant Pouched rats since the beginning of time.
Same with Thyraxes or "cane rats".
There are even farms that farm them and there is a pet market for it in Europe as well.
Wow..just wow..it's ok if you think it's right to eat a giant rat I don't know..
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ofuks(m): 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
About last night....

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 3:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
Rydermaverick:
Why people no dey ever hear word for this naija?
For your sake this is rat and you ate a rat?
It's very unhygienic abeg..how the meat take dey sweet una sef..no be everything you go chop oo..
As much as I do not like people killing wildlife... this particular thing is not a "common house rat".. the distance genetically between this "Giant pouched rat" and a house rat genetically is like the distance between a house cat and a lion.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Oju4190: 3:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dis guy u wicked oooo.....see as u come make hungry dey beat me now now now
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 4:04pm On Nov 08, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Wow..just wow..it's ok if you think it's right to eat a giant rat I don't know..
Well, being "Okay" is subjective. but you see this particular species, is something consumed for centuries by African.

Another fun fact: they are actually intelligent and are trained and used in to find land mines in countries recovering from wars... they are way better at detecting land mines than any technology.

The other one, Cane rat, I know someone who finished his house just from farming it.

They are also used as pet in advanced country... There is a large pet market for it. They even act like humans sometimes/,typical dogs or cats. I have seen the pet ones.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ekealterego:

Well, being "Okay" is subjective. but you see this particular species, is something consumed for centuries by African.

Another fun fact: they are actually intelligent and are trained and used in to find land mines in countries recovering from wars... they are way better at detecting land mines than any technology.

The other one, Cane rat, I know someone who finished his house just from farming it.

They are also used as pet in advanced country... There is a large pet market for it. They even act like humans sometimes/,typical dogs or cats. I have seen the pet ones.
You sound sensible man..love how you tryna educate me more I like it..
You know I was thinking the rat was a small one seeing through the picture it doesn't look like a bush "rat"or rabbit ion know..
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Kinzo0917(m): 4:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
ThinkWISELY:
Chai,no be rat be this?, forget any other christening,omo na rat be this sad

2 sec, front page,haba...lalasticlala I dey see your hand work o grin
. This is rabbit .. most rats hardly have hairy hair BUT Rabbit dey get plenty hair for their body
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by lokobyforch(m): 4:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
Enjoy, na man u be
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by clydecarson(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2021
Op abeg is that ewedu and riceif yes omo poverty is a sin��

2 Likes

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Trustedapparel(m): 5:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Enjoy my niggarrrr
Buy a cold bottle of Heineken to step it down

This looks like rabbit....Anyway whether Bush rat, giant rat or rabbit..I don't have a problem with this...

The disgusting one is when people eat snake and monkey

Pussy cat ,snake and monkey meat is the best meat when fried with proper peper

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Baitullah: 5:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
babaRUNtinz:
One day,one day, we pray say Bush meat no go catch hunter o
You never hear say gorilla dey flog hunters cheesy
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by onitshaman: 6:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Rat is rat its disgusting.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by gleamy(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
You now make the animal prostrate.. grin grin grin
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by infometric: 7:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
cyojunior1:
This time it wasn't funny at all , as this wandering bush meat ended up been garnished with cent leaf , plenty pepper , onions , salt and Maggi.

Make person no steal my thread � again ooo
Lassar Fever Loading
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Calitoscassius(m): 7:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
What da fork!!
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by AfroKnight: 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Stop eating rodents.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Nobody: 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2021
OP, I don't blame meat is so expensive to buy nowadays.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by NarcissistKing(m): 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
I hate rodents.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Freelance363: 9:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
Much enjoyment!
Anyways,it's called Rat(ewi,in Igbo),not bush rat.The one u probably think of as house rat is called a Mouse(oke).
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by PreciousBro: 10:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
This is rat. Shameful and highly disgusting. You miserables.

I feel for y'all
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Sleekfingers: 11:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
cyojunior1:
This time it wasn't funny at all , as this wandering bush meat ended up been garnished with cent leaf , plenty pepper , onions , salt and Maggi.

Make person no steal my thread � again ooo

Which kind bush rat......na rat wey just big you dey eat so......enjoy your rat

1 Like

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Guzx: 12:08am On Nov 09, 2021
See the mouth
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 09, 2021
Common sense is not common truly undecided you make it seem like if I kill an animal without cutting it's neck I'm doing something wrong....if you think all the meat you've been eating were killed that way then you must have been born yesterday cheesy
Ekealterego:

That's not superstition it's common science or common sense.
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 1:31am On Nov 09, 2021
Remag666:
Common sense is not common truly undecided you make it seem like if I kill an animal without cutting it's neck I'm doing something wrong....if you think all the meat you've been eating were killed that way then you must have been born yesterday cheesy
The typical ignorant Nlgerian. This is 2021 and you still do not know that the objectives of bleeding are to kill the animal with minimal damage to the carcass and to remove quickly as much blood as possible as blood is an ideal medium for the growth of bacteria?

2 Likes

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 1:44am On Nov 09, 2021
PreciousBro:
This is rat. Shameful and highly disgusting. You miserables.

I feel for y'all
That's not "just a rat"... That is an "African giant pouched rat". The difference between that creature and a house mouse genetically is like the difference between a lion and a cat.

Oyibo people keep it as a pet because it is highly intelligent. it is also used to detect land mines,... In medicine, they use them to sniff out tuberculosis and soon cancer.
Africans have been eating this particular species (with Thyrax - Cane rat) for thousands of years.

3 Likes

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by jacoik(m): 7:54am On Nov 09, 2021
Why did you say so brother
gasparpisciotta:
The meat dey sweet ehn!!!

Next time you kill any animal, cut the neck immediately and let it’s blood drain out before roasting it.

1 Like

Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by ChiefSweetus: 8:20am On Nov 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
You kill big rat u use your phone zoom am call am bush meat. Op u think we are fools abi

Hunger na bastard
grin
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
Keep muttering gibberish there.... talking about minimal damage
This is 2021 and you still don't know there are other ways of killing animals without spilling blood undecided a very good example is what happens in redeem camp there's a very silent and painless way they kill cows with just an electric jolt to the head
no need to be cutting any throat again and seeing litres of irritating blood cool
Ekealterego:

The typical ignorant Nlgerian. This is 2021 and you still do not know that the objectives of bleeding are to kill the animal with minimal damage to the carcass and to remove quickly as much blood as possible as blood is an ideal medium for the growth of bacteria?
Re: How I Caught A Bush Rat Meat And How It Ended In The Pot by Ekealterego: 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Remag666:
Keep muttering gibberish there.... talking about minimal damage
This is 2021 and you still don't know there are other ways of killing animals without spilling blood undecided a very good example is what happens in redeem camp there's a very silent and painless way they kill cows with just an electric jolt to the head
no need to be cutting any throat again and seeing litres of irritating blood cool
Oga stop arguing about what is not in your area of expertise or have little to no knowledge about.
What you describe is called "Stunning". Stunning are used to render the animal unconscious and it is only a first-step action. The next step is bleeding.
Bleeding is absolutely necessary and a standard process for all the reasons I stated earlier.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Labana Rice From Kebbi Offloaded In Aba (photos) / Pepper Soup Meat: The Monitor Lizard I Killed Right Now / Moi-Moi And Garri For N20,000: Would You Buy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.