Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota (46233 Views)

Young Lady Found Dead In A Hotel In Makurdi, Benue State / My COVID-19 Near Death Experience / Lady Enters Gutter "After Lodging With Man In A Hotel" In Lagos. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by SavageResponse(m): 12:00am On Nov 09, 2021
CountVersailles:

Ode. High degree of force indeed. Dey dere dey form. THis your knowledge just shows you are lying about staying in over 100 hotels, oga traveler.

Goat that you are! The level of poverty that you are accustomed to will not allow you to believe that a person has actually stayed in over 100 hotels.

For your information I spent 10 years of my life as an external auditor in an international organisation which is the biggest in its sector until I left as a senior manager. Traveling was a core requirement for my job.

I don't like giving personal details about myself here but I needed to do that now so I can put an unexposed goat like you in its place!
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by Born2Breed(f): 12:22am On Nov 09, 2021
poweredcom:

Who dash am billionaire u tink say na so e easy to be billionaire

Make una stop misusing such words

grin cheesy grin

Caste out that poverty mentality.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by jimcaddy(m): 12:50am On Nov 09, 2021
You should ask to see the top management of the hotel and explain your plight to them. The way we casually take issues of emergency in this country is so sad. That's what the whites would never do. Because to the whites, every life is important. But this part of the world ehn, I don't really understand.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by batb: 12:56am On Nov 09, 2021
CutieKing:
Its so appauling how nigerians run businesses without puting safety of their customers in mind.were this to happened in more saner climate,that hotel would have gone out of business from lawsuits by now.
I experienced similar situation while on holiday in lagos in an upscale hotel in GRA, Ikeja few months back, i fell horribly down inside their slippery bathtub and in an attempt to prevent me hitting my head which would have been fatal,i ended up hurting my groin regions to my genitals.my manhood became unresponsive and swollen instantly doubling it original size,i feared for the worst but thank God for my guest who heard the sound from the bathroom that rushed in to save my life.
For two weeks i could not walk.
Though the hotel management was informed immediately and they took immediate action.locked up the toom for total renovation and took responsibility for all my hospital bills .It was later i got to know that a guest has had similar experience before mine but did nothing until my ordeal.

This is not about goverment regulating their activities now but its about placing people safety a priority above drive for profits.
That country needs deliverance.
You have made good assessment of Nigerian issue with your first hand experience. Unfortunately, you ended well written assessment with deliverance as solution, now you see why Nigeria will never developed because of religion!
Why? because people can not reason past their religion inclinations, we can't really proffer solution to problems confronting us daily, we would rather shift the responsibility to 'God'
We just don't have it!

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by IbileIfe: 1:30am On Nov 09, 2021
If not for goodness and mercies of ALMIGHTY FATHER GOD JEHOVAH RAPHA.
HALLELUJAH!
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by stanliwise(m): 1:51am On Nov 09, 2021
KingOfAmebo:
"I actually stopped reading when he said "They also didn't have any emergency services and no stretcher or ambulance". Are you kidneying me?

Abeg name one hotel in the world that has an ambulance, even Burj Al Arab - the World's only 7 Star Hotel in Dubai don't have an ambulance. It's either you are confusing Radisson Blue Hotel for Radisson Blue Hospital or you just want to cashout?

A 5 year old kid can lie better than this nigger.

Then he said: They were trying to sneak me out through the back stairway on the back of a porter to avoid a scene..Now this is absolutely laughable, where you expecting them to take you through the guest lobby so that everyone can have a good view of your injured leg? This is a hotel nigger and not a school or factory". - Village People spokesperson.
You're mad, isn't it explicit you only came to defend raddison blue?
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:12am On Nov 09, 2021
That's why I've not set foot in that country for near a decade now and I never will. My parents are my only connection with the place. If they won't come out here as regularly as is required, so be it. I will not even trust that country with my dead body. Definitely NOT!

I grew up in the 80's and early 90's in a country that was beautiful and generally peaceful, where most people were each others' keepers! With a Head Teacher and Nurse as Dad and Mum, all I had to do was study hard and pass JAMB and I went to uni to study what I wanted without any bribery fuelled post ume/post this and that interviews. I made friends from all across the country and stayed at their homes and was treated like a member of the family despite differences in age, tribe and tongue. As a teenager with a university degree in my pocket, I simply walked into Lagos from Portharcourt and got a job with one of the Big Four firms of chartered accountants. I didn't know or have to know anyone. All I did was to be brilliant at the aptitude test and later on, the interviews. How quickly things changed and I realised by the mid 2000's I was witnessing the death throes of a formerly great society. I simply upped and left! And don't tell me about staying to make things better. I was a barely teenage "Aluta Continua" and "Victoria Acerta" comrade way back at uni and I could quote Karl Marx and Engels from morning till midnight. A very serious one at that because I thought through armed struggle, we could change Nigeria for the better. Teenagers! We only saw life in binaries and were willing to lay down our lives. Today, mature/old girls go to university to twerk publicly in their underpants.

My colleagues who back in the mid 2000's thought I was crazy to leave a fantastic lifestyle to relocate to uncertainty are now ALL asking how best to emigrate. A few actually landed this past summer. I won't be too surprised if someday soon, even Satan himself starts making enquiries on how to leave the country. Mtchew!

lalasticlala:
As shared by Osaretin Victor Asemota @asemota

https://twitter.com/asemota/status/1457269112082767874

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:24am On Nov 09, 2021
using foul words denigrate our opinions. I'm sure you know the writer meant that the hospital did not call an ambulance, something every hospital in a decent society will do. That's the same reason we don't carry injured individuals on our backs to the hospital regardless of location. We simply call an ambulance!

KingOfAmebo:

"Coming from a dumb rich kid who can't name one hotel in the world with an ambulance". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by NemoDatQuod(m): 2:27am On Nov 09, 2021
Are there no moderators on this forum? How can we try to change our society when individuals are allowed to run riot with foul language on a forum like this? Is it no longer possible to disagree respectfully? Sometimes it feels like I am already in my fifties and sixties.

FORWARDEVERLY:

As for the upper part of your comments.. it is Directed to your MOTHER not me..

1 Like

Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by Rhaspody(m): 2:49am On Nov 09, 2021
You for sue the hotel for negligence
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by suffering: 2:51am On Nov 09, 2021
That's sad. It's Nigeria for you. We do not have a safety culture. If I didn't work where I do right now I won't possess the same sense of foresight for all these things. Safety is key in the hospitality and manufacturing industries.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2021
KingOfAmebo:
"I actually stopped reading when he said "They also didn't have any emergency services and no stretcher or ambulance". Are you kidneying me?
Standard hotels have arrangements with hospitals within 5 to 10 minutes radius of their facility that they call in case of an emergency.
I once worked in one that had a clinic with a resident doctor (AES Luxury Apartments Abuja). So get your facts right.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 10:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Soulouu:
It must be the one at Anthony
Funnily enough, it's the one at Victoria Island. Remember that he mentioned Reddinton hospital and besides, the one at Ikeja only opened a few years ago and it started off as Renaissance before getting the Raddison Blu franchise.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by FORWARDEVERLY: 10:20am On Nov 09, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
Are there no moderators on this forum? How can we try to change our society when individuals are allowed to run riot with foul language on a forum like this? Is it no longer possible to disagree respectfully? Sometimes it feels like I am already in my fifties and sixties.

Are you Wailing in response to my last comment to you??
If Yes.. then Wail more..
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:18am On Nov 09, 2021
horhizah:

Standard hotels have arrangements with hospitals within 5 to 10 minutes radius of their facility that they call in case of an emergency.
I once worked in one that had a clinic with a resident doctor (AES Luxury Apartments Abuja). So get your facts right.

"Just listen to the nonesense you typed up there and compare with what the complainer was requesting (re-read the post) which brings me to the conclusion that you don't get the question I asked.

So let me repeat my question again...name one hotel in the world that has an ambulance or a clinic within it's facility?...and please I need names and not jargons". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by laudate: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Abeg name one hotel in the world that has an ambulance, even Burj Al Arab - the World's only 7 Star Hotel in Dubai don't have an ambulance. It's either you are confusing Radisson Blue Hotel for Radisson Blue Hospital or you just want to cashout?

A 5 year old kid can lie better than this nigger.

Then he said: They were trying to sneak me out through the back stairway on the back of a porter to avoid a scene..Now this is absolutely laughable, where you expecting them to take you through the guest lobby so that everyone can have a good view of your injured leg? This is a hotel nigger and not a school or factory". - Village People spokesperson.

You are being funny right?? Or trying to be sarcastic??

Because if you know the location of Radisson Blu, you would realise that they had NO excuse for not calling an ambulance within that period.

Two high class hospitals are less than 5-minutes drive, from Radisson Blu.

Public and private hospitals exist in that Victoria Island district, that could have been called up to send in an ambulance. From Reddington hospital which is less than 4 minutes drive away, to Lagoon hospital, St. Francis hospital, Radmed Medical Centre, Premier Hospital, Military Hospital etc.

Why didn't Radisson Blu contact any of them??

And why wasn't a doctor called up to his room to assist him, when he had the fall??

Every top tier hospital of the same standard as Radisson Blu is expected to have access to a medical officer, on speed dial. That is what medical retainerships are meant to cover.

So why couldn't this hospital have summoned any from a hospital nearby?

And Victor Asemota does NOT need to cash out anything. He has done so many projects in the tech sector, and is even a venture capitalist, that can afford to buy several companies in different places.

Anyway, I hope a similar accident happens to you in a public place, maybe then you will have a bit of sense to grasp what is important here.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by NemoDatQuod(m): 5:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
No Sir. Not in the least. I am sure we have not interacted on here before now. It seems you are not only innurred to indecent human interactions, but are also very good at manufacturing non-facts.

I was concerned by your reference to someone else's mother in response to the individual's divergent opinion. If you have an opinion, it then necessarily means that you should expect others to also have an opinion. So it does not sit well for you to be crudely rude to someone simply because of differences in opinion.

We have not ever interacted until now and I can assure you we shall not, save for this clarification!

FORWARDEVERLY:

Are you Wailing in response to my last comment to you??
If Yes.. then Wail more..
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
laudate:

You are being funny right?? Or trying to be sarcastic??

Because if you know the location of Radisson Blu, you would realise that they had NO excuse for not calling an ambulance within that period.

Two high class hospitals are less than 5-minutes drive from Radisson Blu.

Public and private hospitals exist in that Victoria Island district, that could have been called up to send in an ambulance. From Reddington hospital which is less than 4 minutes drive away, to Lagoon hospital, St. Francis hospital, Radmed Medical Centre, Premier Hospital, Military Hospital etc.

Why didn't Radisson Blu contact any of them??

And why wasn't a doctor called up to his room to assist his when he had the fall??

Every top tier hospital of the same standard as Radisson Blu is expected to have access to a medical officer, on speed dial. That is what medical retainerships are meant to cover.

So why couldn't this hospital have summoned any from a hospital nearby?

And Victor Asemota Does NOT need to cash out anything. He has done so many projects in the tech sector and is even a venture capitalist, that have can afford to buy several companies in different places.

Anyway, I hope a similar accident happens to you in a public place, maybe then you will have a bit of sense to grasp what is important here.

"You actually made some points until you said this: I hope a similar accident happens to you in a public place, maybe then you will have a bit of sense to grasp what is important here...

I never wished him evil, I only pointed out to his biased claims, so why wish yourself evil". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by FORWARDEVERLY: 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
NemoDatQuod:
No Sir. Not in the least. I am sure we have not interacted on here before now. It seems you are not only innurred to indecent human interactions, but are also very good at manufacturing non-facts.

I was concerned by your reference to someone else's mother in response to the individual's divergent opinion. If you have an opinion, it then necessarily means that you should expect others to also have an opinion. So it does not sit well for you to be crudely rude to someone simply because of differences in opinion.

We have not ever interacted until now and I can assure you we shall not, save for this clarification!

Brilliant...
Bravo!!!

Now Run along Boy...
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"Just listen to the nonesense you typed up there and compare with what the complainer was requesting (re-read the post) which brings me to the conclusion that you don't get the question I asked.

So let me repeat my question again...name one hotel in the world that has an ambulance or a clinic within it's facility?...and please I need names and not jargons". - Village People spokesperson.

Why so rude and uncouth? AES Luxury Apartments Abuja (it's a hotel) has a clinic within its facility. You should learn to read and comprehend. You obviously belong to the gutter and I don't engage gutter fellows. Bye.
P.S- don't bother replying, just do your research before coming to a public forum to make a big fool of yourself.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

"You actually made some points until you said this: I hope a similar accident happens to you in a public place, maybe then you will have a bit of sense to grasp what is important here...

I never wished him evil, I only pointed out to his biased claims, so why wish yourself evil". - Village People spokesperson.
I had to go through some of your recent posts to clarify my doubts of you being a talkative. And you know what? You are a very big talkative, I hope talking too much and arguing blindly with limited knowledge is part of your income streams, if not, you need to look for a way to add it.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=horhizah post=107498253][/quote]

"Obviously, mediocrity is enshrined in your DNA, So you think sensible people would fall for your antics by marketing your 2 Star Hotel?

You are comfortable enough to show us your crappy rooms, old fashioned semi-olympic standard pool and below standard gym on your poorly edited website to gain traffic but can't paste your "so called" clinic on your website for all to see...You are indeed an ignoramus, not all of us are as stupid and ignorant as you are...try better next time we ain't falling for this bullshit of yours". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
horhizah:

I had to go through some of your recent posts to clarify my doubts of you being a talkative. And you know what? You are a very big talkative, I hope talking too much and arguing blindly with limited knowledge is part of your income streams, if not, you need to look for a way to add it.

"Obviously, mediocrity is enshrined in your DNA, So you think sensible people would fall for your antics by marketing your 2 Star Hotel?

You are comfortable enough to show us your crappy rooms, old fashioned semi-olympic standard pool and below standard gym on your poorly edited website to gain traffic but can't paste your "so called" clinic on your website for all to see...You are indeed an ignoramus, not all of us are as stupid and ignorant as you are...try better next time we ain't falling for this bullshit of yours". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 11:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
horhizah:

Why so rude and uncouth? AES Luxury Apartments Abuja (it's a hotel) has a clinic within its facility. You should learn to read and comprehend. You obviously belong to the gutter and I don't engage gutter fellows. Bye.
P.S- don't bother replying, just do your research before coming to a public forum to make a big fool of yourself.

Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 12:22am On Nov 11, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Would have ignored, but for your information, I left there over two years ago.
Gutter man, take a chill pill and serve Jesus in Spirit and in truth grin
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by horhizah(f): 12:24am On Nov 11, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

You ran out of insults? Thought you had an arsenal full of them. Lwkm... Copying and pasting the same damn thing. Just confess Jesus and be alright.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by muheeb01(m): 6:12am On Nov 11, 2021
People you supposed sue,can you imagine the inhumane treatments
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:55am On Nov 11, 2021
horhizah:

Would have ignored, but for your information, I left there over two years ago.
Gutter man, take a chill pill and serve Jesus in Spirit and in truth grin

"Confession time, I thought you would deny not having any kind of link with the hotel, you still haven't shown us photos of your "white elephant clinic" that only existed as a text on your website". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by KingOfAmebo(m): 10:56am On Nov 11, 2021
horhizah:

You ran out of insults? Thought you had an arsenal full of them. Lwkm... Copying and pasting the same damn thing. Just confess Jesus and be alright.

"I had to keep repeating myself so it sinks well into your empty skull...

If you are smart enough you would have checked my nairaland profile to see my vocal stance about my relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ, now compare that with yours that talks about having "orgasm" and no mention of Jesus". - Village People spokesperson.
Re: My Near-Death Experience At Radisson Blu Hotel In Lagos By Victor Asemota by laudate: 11:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
KingOfAmebo:

Village people spokesperson? Don't worry, my prayer remains the same for you. Until something similar happens to folks like you, you will still keep blaming the victim, and making allegations that he has a biased claim.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Task Force Arrests People Without Face-Mask In Onitsha (Pics) / Asaba: 4 People Die Mysteriously In A Newly Rented Flat / #Nobraday: Karina Adobaba-Harry Shares Her Cancer Survival Story (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.