Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger (26072 Views)

Tani Adewumi: 12-year-old Nigerian Chess Prodigy Granted Asylum In The US / 10 Year Old Tani Adewumi Becomes US National Chess Master / Tanitoluwa Adewumi: 8-Year-Old Chess Player Interviewed By CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by WoundedLamb: 5:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by EagleNest(m): 5:38am On Nov 09, 2021
Smart boy!
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by COMPAQ(m): 5:38am On Nov 09, 2021
iLoveYouToo:
I’m impressed though, but for the corkiness

Yeah a bit too cocky, but that's what the American system encourages. That's why over there you have a lot of kids that talk to adults like their mates.

Some respect is good, but too much like we have in Africa holds kids back.

9 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Iseoluwani: 5:38am On Nov 09, 2021
Chess is a game meant for people who want to be smart
A mind reader,

I play both chess and scrabble. One makes you a mind reader/calculative, while the other helps ur vocabulary

I dont joke with my knight ♘ and ♖ rook

Checkmate

7 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by 9jaBloke: 5:42am On Nov 09, 2021
Tani smiley

1 Like

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Nicepoker(m): 5:43am On Nov 09, 2021
East and West why are you people always at each other's neck.

2 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Obamaofusa: 5:45am On Nov 09, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed Hopefully the cocaine addict wouldn't come near him before he is turned into this

We have them all over the country.Lagos seems to have more because it has the largest population in Nigeria.
Some of those people are assasins and armed robbers if not for the easy money they see would have been visiting us in our abodes to collect our properties.Nigeria has gone bad.No work.It is better than been armed robbers sha.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by affable4(m): 5:46am On Nov 09, 2021
Hmm
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by naturalflow: 5:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Brilliant,but he talks too much!
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by danchefs(m): 5:54am On Nov 09, 2021
wow! Interesting.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by aikyg(m): 5:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Yoruba Amaka!

1 Like

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by patrickmuf(m): 6:01am On Nov 09, 2021
He should have lost both games if he was up against a more calculative player. Especially the first game, the lady just got too excited and let her guards down.

For those saying he talks too much, it's obvious y'all don't know that it's common to find players engage in such banters...

8 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by pyro62(m): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2021
This boy good kpa. I thought he was losing o
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by JustCurious: 6:13am On Nov 09, 2021
Nature versus Nurture.
I’m so happy that his parents left the shores of Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Emmaxmusic(m): 6:17am On Nov 09, 2021
Ride on boy the game of chess is a brain builder
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2021
Penguin2:
I downloaded chess on my phone hoping to learn the game through that medium...

But the way computer has been trashing me consistently just made me abandon the game.

Up till now I don’t know Jack about the game
You think say na only you?the thing dey quite confusing for me..if people dey play am the way I take dey look Dem ehnn..

1 Like

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by smartasuen(m): 6:27am On Nov 09, 2021
Me, I'm a grandmaster in Ludo!

5 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Blessned1: 6:43am On Nov 09, 2021
I was like this boy when I was 11years too sad sad but NOW..... grin grin
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by omoyankee3(m): 6:46am On Nov 09, 2021
The boy is really good.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Congratulations to him. You can also win like him when you participate in the golden morn heritage promo. Check image for steps to participate.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Grandmeister(m): 6:54am On Nov 09, 2021
COMPAQ:

Yeah a bit too cocky, but that's what the American system encourages. That's why over there you have a lot of kids that talk to adults like their mates.

Some respect is good, but too much like we have in Africa holds kids back.
It's called blitz banter. If you're a chess player you would understand. Trash talking is part of blitz chess. It's a way of destabilising your opponent and making the game fun. It's allowed only in none tournament blitz games....again only a chess player would understand.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by SarutobiEky(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2021
amiibaby:
Hmm
Hey gorgeousness personified cheesy
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Powersurge: 7:02am On Nov 09, 2021
triple996:
9ice
Nigerians are talented.
BTW no erection in biafraland grin

Dt guy is not a Nigerian. We need to stop doing this. If he was in Nigeria, he 'll probably be selling pure water inside traffic. Fucking country!

2 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by tiger28: 7:07am On Nov 09, 2021
AMERICA!!!!!!!! The land of dreams!
This boy and his family were illegal immigrants BUT America found his POTENTIALS and granted his family their papers.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by teepain: 7:12am On Nov 09, 2021
Grandmeister:

It's called blitz banter. If you're a chess player you would understand. Trash talking is part of blitz chess. It's a way of destabilising your opponent and making the game fun. It's allowed only in none tournament blitz games....again only a chess player would understand.

You are very correct. Blitz banter is one of the elements of psychological warfare that players use to disarm their opponents in non-tournament blitz games.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by myike2(m): 7:12am On Nov 09, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Goat!

1 Like

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Olam09(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Very brilliant boy
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by olabodejinad: 7:27am On Nov 09, 2021
Sharp boy, I actually used to know his elder brother, his aunt was a family friend. First time I heard about him being a chess prodigy, I was genuinely shocked and happy for the family at the same time cos they went over there to seek better pastures

2 Likes

Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by Knows(m): 7:40am On Nov 09, 2021
Naso I win Eksu fresher champs for chess in 2015, they promised to give prizes but the board chop am. Shishi them no give me, naso I lost interest in the game.
Re: Tani Adewumi: 11-Year-Old Chess Master Trounces 26-Year-Old Challenger by tuzle(m): 7:41am On Nov 09, 2021
That is Alexander botez and she also defeated him in one of their games. She into streaming, so she doesn't train like he does.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Nigeria: Francis Uzoho Speaks After His Horrible Injury / Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Jlloyd Samuel Dies In Car Crash (Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.