Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

The Telecommunication Blocking Is Plus Plus For Armed Bandits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Telecommunication Blocking Is Plus Plus For Armed Bandits (234 Views)

Armed Bandits Inspect An Abandoned Military Hardware (video/pictures) / PDP Crisis: Five Neutral Governors Is Plus For APC, Says Oshiomhole / Sunday Erhator: N500,000 Raised For Armed Lagos Policeman Assaulted By Civilian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Telecommunication Blocking Is Plus Plus For Armed Bandits by Elbinawi: 5:54am On Nov 09, 2021
The Telecommunication Blocking is Plus Plus for Armed Bandits

"A team of Mobile police patrolling the dreaded Magami-Gusau road in Zamfara state has been ambushed by bandits who burnt the Hilux vehicle donated by the community, scores of personnel killed, others missing."

After this yesterday's attack Residents of this area say absence of Telecommunications is hindering communication for support.

Yesterday I had a lengthy phone conversation with a close Friend who is from Zamfara state and presently a Lecturer with the College of Agriculture, Bakura, Zamfara state. He told me that the Telecommunication Blocking is counter-productive and the bandits are not affected by the ban. He told me that in an adjacent town of Bakura the Bandits recently slaughtered more than 30 villagers and he did not see this on the media. He concluded that the main reason of the Telecommunication Blocking by the Buhari regime was to lessen the daily reports of the massive killings of armed banditry in Northern Nigeria.

It is important to note that after the Goronyo market massacre in Sokoto state where more than 150 people were brutally slaughtered by the armed bandits, the Governor of Sokoto state, @AWTambuwal, called on the Buhari regime to lift the Telecommunication ban. He also concluded the policy is useless to the fight against armed banditry.

It stand to reason that availability of Telecommunication is to the advantage of the security forces and the besieged, brutalized and dehumanized people of the North. The movement of the Bandits can be monitored by the availability of Telecommunication networks.

The Buhari regime that perpetrated genocide in Zaria is not people oriented government. This genocidal regime is a bloodthirsty regime that live on fraudulent narrative and propaganda to deceive Nigerians. The regime of not happy about the daily reporting of killings of armed banditry thus the Telecommunication ban.

On a final note, I call on the Buhari regime to immediately lift the Telecommunication ban as this policy has proven to be useless to the fight against the murderous armed banditry. God Bless Nigeria!

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.
Re: The Telecommunication Blocking Is Plus Plus For Armed Bandits by Penguin2: 5:58am On Nov 09, 2021
This is another angle to the discussion.

It could be true they blacked out telecommunications so that the atrocities of bandits won’t be readily reported as before.

Wehdone Pantami.

3 Likes

Re: The Telecommunication Blocking Is Plus Plus For Armed Bandits by DeMekus: 6:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Penguin2:
This is another angle to the discussion.

It could be true they blacked out telecommunications so that the atrocities of bandits won’t be readily reported as before.

Wehdone Pantami.
grin grin grin grin grin
Exactly what I wanted to type now.

1 Like

Re: The Telecommunication Blocking Is Plus Plus For Armed Bandits by whitecake: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2021
Really?

Ok

Please contact me for your vibrators, 6500, free shipping to anywhere in Nigeria
Use as intimacy gadget, body massage, face massage, etc
Contact me on

(1) (Reply)

Jailed Ex-pension Boss, Maina Living Lavish & Luxurious Prison Life / FOCUS: Niger Communities Where Boko Haram Rules And Security Agents Watch / Buhari Has Borrowed ‘destinies’ Of Nigerians Away— Archbishop odutemu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.