Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. (1339 Views)

Eko Row: Benin People ‘Owned’ Lagos, Awori Paid Royalties To Them - Erelu Abiola / Benin People Found Lagos — Oba of Benin / Zulum: Boko Haram Is Attacking People And You Are Collecting N1,000 Per Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Dartilo(m): 7:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Sammy07:

Leave the boy, you didn't see the nonsense he wrote up there for me as evidence that ijaws are the oldest tribe

Bro it's in official records that up to the Atlantic ocean in some part of the niger delta was control by the Benin,Up till this day the biggest river leading to the Atlantic ocean in Delta state is still called the Benin river.....
Even the bight was named after Benin empire in the interior...c let's always admit the truth...
You don't compare the might of the ancient empire of Benin to ijaw...

I will have to ignore Ebi and the other moniker they are same person

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DOTian: 7:22am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

Your mumu.
Ijaws are bigger than ibos in population.
Why didn't ibos use their false population and swallow Nigeria up already.

This is why I said igbos need to treat your nonsense once and for all.
You guys can't come from Ghana and be constituting yourselves into a big nuisance here..
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
DOTian:

This is why I said igbos need to treat your nonsense once and for all.
You guys can't come from Ghana and be constituting yourselves into a big nuisance here..

You guys came from isreal according to Ibo mumu.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Sammy07: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:

Bro it's in official records that up to the Atlantic ocean in some part of the niger delta was control by the Benin,Up till this day the biggest river leading to the Atlantic ocean in Delta state is still called the Benin river.....
Even the bight was named after Benin empire in the interior...c let's always admit the truth...

Gbam!
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Dartilo(m): 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Do you even have sense at all? If the White men came through the coast, how will they first encounter the Benin first?

Y don't u travel back to time and twist history to ur taste...Plz I don't trade words
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:24am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:

The same way una say all Ijaw accounts on Nairaland belong to one person.

Mumu people.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Sammy07: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

Oya give me your own evidence why you think Ijaws are not the oldest tribe.
Mumu.

You have to provide evidences bro.

No records, nothing nothing
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:

Y don't u travel back to time and twist history to ur taste...Plz I don't trade words

Tell me why the Bini are so far far far far away from the today.
When there were no record of war that Ijaw pushed them there.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2021
Sammy07:

You have to provide evidences bro.

No records, nothing nothing

Bring your own evidence dummy that Ijaw are not that old.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Nobody: 7:26am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:

You're not smart guy.

The white men came through the coast, and met with Bini people that do not have access to the sea grin

Use your brain bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Dartilo(m): 7:27am On Nov 09, 2021
Bight of Benin and not bight of Ijaw....

No European wrote about the ijaw,if they did nothing of significant...
Go and read European archive you would see Igala,Arochukwu,Benin,Ife

But can't find the oldest ethnicity in Nigeria in European archive...
Reason why I am referring to European archive because they would be the most neutral entity here

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:28am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:

Reason why I am referring to European archive because they would be the most neutral entity here

Mumu.
No be somebody write am?

Bight of Biafra dey Bayelsa coast does that make it Ibo.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Dartilo(m): 7:29am On Nov 09, 2021
Okay tell us did they meet the ijaw people... atleast back it up with an edited Wikipedia post hahahaha

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:

Oya answer my questions.
Why are Bini so far far far far away from the Atlantic ocean coast today, that if they don't pass many hundreds of Ijaw villages, they can't reach the Atlantic ocean?
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:30am On Nov 09, 2021
Dartilo:
Okay tell us did they meet the ijaw people... atleast back it up with an edited Wikipedia post hahahaha

Tell us why the Bini are so far from the ocean today.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

Oya answer my questions.
Why are Bini so far far far far away from the Atlantic ocean coast today, that if they don't pass many hundreds of Ijaw villages, they can't reach the Atlantic ocean?
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DOTian: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

You guys came from isreal according to Ibo mumu.
You followed the white man to this land as his loyal house helps. Basically helping the invaders. You then settle on every sea shore with your funny faces and strange language..
Now you have followed a new master; the crude Fulani. You now work happily and proudly as his pipelines guardsmen! And you do all that by insulting indigenous locals. Continue with your insults and We will soon remind you of your Ghana origins..

2 Likes

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:36am On Nov 09, 2021
DOTian:

You followed the white man to this land as his loyal house helps. Basically helping the invaders. You then settle on every sea shore with your funny faces and strange language..
Now you have followed a new master; the crude Fulani. You now work happily and proudly as his pipelines guardsmen! And you do all that by insulting indigenous locals. Continue with your insults and We will soon remind you of your Ghana origins..

Then which time we come get to use una as slaves till we make una King.
In the case of Jaja.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:38am On Nov 09, 2021
14 canoe houses from Ibani-Ijaw followed Jaja to form Opobo.
Inside this 14 only 1 is Jaja house, and all Jaja children have Ijaw mothers, and even Jaja was Acculturated as Ijaw first.
We accept even strangers as part our own, but Ibo discriminate even fellow Ibo and call them OSU or outcast.

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DOTian: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

Then which time we come get to use una as slaves till we make una King.
In the case of Jaja.
Every group dealt with slaves to and fro during those years. Read your history.
It only becomes a later day bragging right for those groups dealing with cultural inferiority complex presently..
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:40am On Nov 09, 2021
DOTian:

Every group dealt with slaves to and fro during those years. Read your history.
It only becomes a later day bragging right for those groups dealing with cultural inferiority complex presently..

Shey u say we come with white people, I just asked u which time we come use jaja as slave.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DOTian: 7:43am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

Shey u say we come with white people, I just asked u which time we come use jaja as slave.
If you were the original inhabitants of the kingdom with a defined heritage and lineage, how did a "slave" end up your king? That's the question you should be chewing on..
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:49am On Nov 09, 2021
DOTian:

If you were the original inhabitants of the kingdom with a defined heritage and lineage, how did a "slave" end up your king? That's the question you should be chewing on..

You mumu well well you know nothing about Ijaw.
You think we discriminate people like Ibo and say OSU?

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DOTian: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

You mumu well well you know nothing about Ijaw.
You think we discriminate people like Ibo and say OSU?
You don't discriminate but you were the first to mention slaves here...
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:52am On Nov 09, 2021
DOTian:

You don't discriminate but you were the first to mention slaves here...

Slaves is not OSU.
Slaves are of olden days, but Ibo still say OSU till today.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DOTian: 7:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:

Slaves is not OSU.
How do you know the difference?
Are you one of them? Or both?
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 7:57am On Nov 09, 2021
DOTian:

How do you know the difference?
Are you one of them? Or both?

This your write up, shows that you guys still use it till today.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Captain8(m): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2021
Well talk
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 8:03am On Nov 09, 2021
Captain8:
Well talk

God bless the Ijaw people.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DECLAN2015(m): 8:11am On Nov 09, 2021
Ebi2233:
If Ogbia is Ibo Goodluck Jonathan is from Ogbia, so why are ibos looking for another President, why did they say they haven't gotten President.
So what I'm trying to say is that anybody can write anything online, just tell me why the Bini are so far from the Atlantic ocean, when there were no record of war with Ijaw that pushed Bini back back so far away from the ocean.

They wont answer you .
They may even tell u that Ekaladerhan that created all rivers
They are the "centre of gravity "
The only "source that gave rise to all others.
Wonderful somebody

1 Like

Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by Ebi2233: 8:13am On Nov 09, 2021
DECLAN2015:

They wont answer you .
They may even tell u that Ekaladerhan that created all rivers
They are the "centre of gravity "
The only "source that gave rise to all others.
Wonderful somebody

True talk.
Very mumu people.
Re: The Truth About The Benin People, And The Ijaws Of Edo. by DECLAN2015(m): 8:14am On Nov 09, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Do you even have sense at all? If the White men came through the coast, how will they first encounter the Benin first?

U see....they are not logical in their thinking
No access to the sea but were the first person to come in contact with white people what of the people living around the river in side

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flashback::peter Obi - ACN Is As A Yoruba Party. / CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA ARISE!!!!! / 2023: Peter Obi’s Presidency Gets Boost As Aisha Endorses Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.