Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,997 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime (578 Views)

Okechukwu Osuji Extradited From Malaysia After Being Found Guilty Of Scam / Unrepentant Slay Queen Caught For 3rd Time Commiting Same Crime (photo, Video) / Man Arrested In 2017 For Snatching Phones Arrested Again For Same Crime (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by Disclaimer12: 10:27am On Nov 09, 2021
I read lots of comments posted here and different social media platform about the fallen ill dated Ikoyi Building that was projected to be a giant in the sky, most of the comments are targeted at the owner and developer of the collapse building Mr. Femi Osibona! Truthfully So, a building approved for a 15 grout floor should never have been taken as far as 21 floor! However as much as we all blame the man for being very greedy and careless, I took my time to observer social issues in Nigeria and concluded that majority of us might or are actually guilty of the same offence we are bashing the man for.
Starting from an Okada rider whose bike was Designed to transport a single passenger, in most cases they technically extend the size of the seat to accommodate one more passenger and in some area, another passenger will be allowed to seat on the fuel tank! That's a risk to both the rider and the passenger.
A shop owner who rented an a shop, then extending it to the walkway or the in some area extending the shop to the top of the gutters and watwr ways! Growing up in Lagos , I never knew the popular Oshodi market has a beautiful master plan until the government of Raji Fashola decide to effect the original plan ! Oshodi was so congested that we all agree there are different types of traffic! From motorist traffic to the pedestrian traffic, even the rail way line was not spared, that's irresponsibility on our side as citizens.
Commercial bus drivers always capitalize on the vulnerability of the commuters, the popular MOLUE with the usual 45 seating, 99 standing was never suppose to be So, but for the Nigerians in us! Till date I doubt if there's any commercial driver sticking to the allotted or supposedly allowed number of passengers ! Even the inter state transport always find means of extending the passenger seat to accommodate more just because of greed and to maximise profit! Making life miserable for all! In most cases you're packed like sardines in a bus while seating for several hours, the discomfort couple with the state of most roads makes most Nigerians never enjoying road transport and we all can't speak about it because we are use to suffering and smiling!
Go to any Nigerian market and try to buy food stuffs , the container meant for measurement are often altered, it's either the peak milk tin look small from the usual size due to alteration from the top or the market woman stylishly hit the bottom to reduce the capacity the tin container can carry! It's more like a norm now and we are all used to it and act like nothing happen!
The required land measurement for a plot of land was suppose to be 60×120! I stand to be corrected! Most land sellers these days will sell u a supposed full plot of land and you'll be surprised at the size measured for you because they've reduced it stylishly to 50×100! Most Lagos landlord can build 24 rooms on a single floor on a 1 plot of land all in the name of making money! Most houses at the Lagos mainland are in a sorry state ! You will have ab out 8 to 10 families! Using one single toilet and one single bathroom , put in mind that they have kids, some have other relatives staying with them , all because the landlord build excessive rooms on a portion of land.
I can give many instances and we all can see for ourselves in our diff community how cutting corners , beating protocols is more like a normal thing for an average Nigerians! The more reasons why there's constant flooding in most part of our cities because we will build on drainage ways, we Wil build under an high tension cables and we will never do what's right because it's in our nature! So for everyone who called Mr Femi Osibona a greedy developer, endeavour to check your immediate surrounding and tell me if each if not most of us are not guilty of the same crime we crucify him for! Sadly he paid the ultimate price with his life along side many more! The same way we experience unnecessary and avoidable death daily because of our attitude of cutting corners , beating protocols and never adhere to standard instructions! May the soul of the departed rest in peace
Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by Nyanyafk: 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
S
Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by LadyMedina25(f): 4:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
Hmmmm it is well
Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by chinchonglee(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
That's Nigeria for you bro..
Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by Angrygoat: 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Seems u just newly took smoke.
Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by Disclaimer12: 5:46am On Nov 10, 2021
Between you and I, who just finished smoking?
Angrygoat:
Seems u just newly took smoke.

1 Like

Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by Disclaimer12: 5:47am On Nov 10, 2021
We are so used to wrong things
chinchonglee:
That's Nigeria for you bro..
Re: Ikoyi Collapse Building-how Most Nigerians Are Guilty Of The Same Crime by Disclaimer12: 6:52am On Nov 10, 2021
Indeed
LadyMedina25:
Hmmmm it is well

(1) (Reply)

Avoid These Foods If You Want To Perform Well Sexually / NigerianYouths INVOL'VMNT IN Ritualist:CAN Be Curbed By Banning THE INTERNET. / Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.