Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up (576 Views)

Bamise: How Lagos BRT Driver Raped Female Passengers – Witness / Nice Andrew Omininikoron: BRT Driver Arrested Over Bamise Ayanwole Kidnap, Death / Andrew Nice, BRT Driver Who Kidnapped Bamise Ayanwola Declared Wanted (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up by chenchin: 11:12pm On Mar 07, 2022
The driver of a Lagos Bus Rapid Transit vehicle who drove murdered 22-year-old Oluwabamise Ayanwole has revealed why he ran away after the incident.

The driver who was identified by the police as Andrew Nice explained that he ran away as he was overwhelmed by the circumstances that led to Bamise’s death.

Nice revealed this in a minute-eight seconds video clip shared on Monday night by the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Gbenga Omotosho, on his Twitter handle.

The suspect, who exonerated himself in the video, noted that he had no connection with the fashion designer’s death but was only following instructions of her abductors who held him and Bamise hostage on the bus.

Explaining what transpired in the bus, he said, “When those guys showed me their weapons, I couldn’t be myself anymore. Fears took over me and Ï only followed orders from the man with the gun who sat close to me.

“I followed the Carter Bridge, and around the overhead bridge, they ordered me to stop there. And when they ordered me to stop, I was asked to open the door, her assailants came down and started dragging her down from the bus.

“When I saw that she was crying for help, actually I was helpless and I had thought she was still in the bus holding on to one of the irons that could help keep her in the bus. In that process and with that thought, I moved on. And that is just the truth.”

The PUNCH earlier reported that the dead body of the 22-year-old lady who got missing after boarding a Lagos Bus Rapid Transit vehicle was reportedly found with some body parts missing on Monday.

Read Also
Slain BRT lady: Lagos govt's silence worrisome, says Adegboruwa
Murdered lady: Driver of Lagos BRT arrested
Slain lady: Release photo, details of BRT driver, police urged
Ayanwole got missing while returning to Ota from Ajah on February 26 when she boarded a BRT bus with number 240257 going to Oshodi at about 7 pm at Chevron Bus-Stop.

The victim, who worked as a fashion designer in Ajah spent her weekends in Ota, Ogun State, with her sister, had sent some voice notes to a friend when she sensed danger on the bus.

However, after her body was found on Monday, operatives of the Lagos State Police Command arrested Nice in connection with her death.

The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Adekunle Ajisebutu, in a statement, announced Nice arrest. According to the PPRO, suspected ritualists dumped the dismembered and uncompleted remains of the lady on the Carter Bridge by Ogogoro Community.

The police in its statement titled, ‘Death Of Oluwabamise Ayanwole: BRT Driver Arrested,’ further said the driver was arrested by operatives of the Department of State Services.

Copyright PUNCH.

All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from PUNCH.

Re: Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up by Otunbaigwe(m): 11:15pm On Mar 07, 2022
Nothing here but rather a cock and bull story. He's got the confidence of some top personnel of the society. I just hope they won't deceive us with their conclusion as this is Nigeria.
Re: Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up by DoggoneDogg: 11:16pm On Mar 07, 2022
Afonjanistans

1 Like

Re: Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up by funshint(m): 11:18pm On Mar 07, 2022
Liar...the lady's final message that she was being harassed by the driver is enough to implicate this bastard!
Re: Bamise: Why I Ran Away. Lagos BRT Driver Opens Up by Mynd44: 11:35pm On Mar 07, 2022

(1)

Soldier Assisting Boko Haram Commits Suicide After Naming Other Collaborators / Man Cried Out After A Lip Balm He Brought For ₦1500 Left His Lip Swollen (video) / Jos Religous Crisis: How Being A Footballer Saved My Friend From Being Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.