Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities (26529 Views)

Thomas Goodness Shekwobyalo: JAMB Orders ABU To Offer Girl Medicine / Rea Kick-starts 1 Mw Capacity Solar Farm At Ae-funai / Mopileola Tomi Adewumi Graduates From Oklahoma State University In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by slowice(m): 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
Things like this are possible yet we still in darkness.... Corruption.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by slimfit1(m): 7:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
barnaby04:
This is lovely. A university community should be capable of meeting some of its basic needs through investment in research & development rather than relying on finished products from abroad.

This is a novel initiative worth emulating by all other universities in the country.

Ministry of power will turn their eyes like they didn't see or hear about this great news. The whole Northern Nigeria can power the whole West t Africa.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
Awesome,this what a university is meant for and not for jamboree and worthlessness.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by stevearagorn(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
I know that school. Very good and world class facilities. You'll wonder what such a school is doing in the backwaters of rural Kwara state.
have you been to oro-ago
B4
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by delpee(f): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
AllahIsShit:
I know that school. Very good and world class facilities. You'll wonder what such a school is doing in the backwaters of rural Kwara state.

Their secondary school is top notch too....recognised and supported by the British Council.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by AbuAeesha: 8:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rydermaverick:

They do not mean the farm we all know..
When they say solar farm I think it means a large area of land in which solar panel are put in place to generate electricity..
of course I Know, still no solar farm picture there

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
AbuAeesha:

of course I Know, still no solar farm picture there
Do you think it's necessary?
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by agabusta: 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
DeZoro:
Nice one... but it's not up to 1 megawatt, how would this power a community? Anyways, kudos to this innovation.

I dont even think the VC knows what he is talking about. How will the University be using a meagre 56KW?
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by agabusta: 9:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Vado:

If the whole of Nigeria is sustaining itself, albeit inconsistently with roughly 5000 megawatts, How can you underrate the reach of 214kw in say 2/3 rural villages?

That is just a 375KVA generator.

Are you sure this University knows what they are talking about? Because this power should not be sufficient for the University alone let alone even giving others.

Except the so called university is just a few small buildings.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by agabusta: 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Do you think it's necessary?

yes of course. How can you be reporting a news that a solar farm was unveiled, but no picture of the solar farm. Instead, you are showing us picture of the school gate.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
agabusta:

yes of course. How can you be reporting a news that a solar farm was unveiled, but no picture of the solar farm. Instead, you are showing us picture of the school gate.
Ok man respect your opinion..
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Rodinat: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
[quote author=AllahIsShit post=107467362]I know that school. Very good and world class facilities. You'll wonder what such a school is doing in the backwaters of rural Kwara state.[/quotre]
I know the school too,no be anyhow pikin they go there.
Na white especially Spanish dey take their secondary School students then.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Planner30: 11:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
What a great development for the growth of the institution. Keep this up.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Stephenofu: 1:57am On Nov 10, 2021
lereinter:

Tell us more
Why not find out yourself by sending an email to them
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by BluntCrazeMan: 5:13am On Nov 10, 2021
Ok..
I never knew that there is another Oko in Kwara State
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by MacAnalytic: 7:42am On Nov 10, 2021
Great feat, meanwhile OAU 5mkw dam is still a project on lies.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by eldervine: 8:51am On Nov 10, 2021
adedayourt:
Nice
your signature is crazy
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Akposb(m): 10:44am On Nov 10, 2021
AllahIsShit:
More reason why it should be there. At least, they can carry out research and test properly.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by DrinkWater10: 10:53am On Nov 10, 2021
shileowo:
nice one, but i have 2kw installed capacity in my house. still good tbh
How much would it cost to reokicat this?
We re also looking at the possibility of going solar.
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Glocal1: 9:34am On Nov 13, 2021
shileowo:
nice one, but i have 2kw installed capacity in my house. still good tbh
How much did it cost and how long have you been using it?
Re: Thomas Adewumi University Unveils 214KW Solar Farm, Powers Kwara Communities by Glocal1: 9:37am On Nov 13, 2021
I commend Dr Adewumi for this giant stride.
I heard you worked in the UK before coming back to Nigeria to establish a university.

I would not mind going off grid if I were around the university, I will just augment with generator.

I hope our Federal universities can emulate this.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Update From A Landlord / Major Demands Of ASUU That Led To The Strike / 10 Students You Should Not Sit With If You Did Not Read For An Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.