Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

What else should I do? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What else should I do? (190 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What else should I do? by lastchild: 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
I've finally secured a space for my waec, Jamb and GCE lesson center. My problem now is how to get students to come and register. I've done some street talking and sharing of pamphlets, yet not even a single person has stepped forward nor called.

Lesson center owners, how did you get the students when you started?
Re: What else should I do? by chatinent: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Put added values.
Re: What else should I do? by DAVIDMOE(m): 8:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Go to secondary schools nearby, make friends with some students. Tell them to come to your center that you can help them with some tough subjects.
Re: What else should I do? by lastchild: 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
DAVIDMOE:
Go to secondary schools nearby, make friends with some students. Tell them to come to your center that you can help them with some tough subjects.
I've done that though... thanks
Re: What else should I do? by lastchild: 9:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
chatinent:
Put added values.
i don't understand, please explain
Re: What else should I do? by Nozino: 10:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
lastchild:
I've finally secured a space for my waec, Jamb and GCE lesson center. My problem now is how to get students to come and register. I've done some street talking and sharing of pamphlets, yet not even a single person has stepped forward nor called.

Lesson center owners, how did you get the students when you started?

I don’t know how this works but during my time, lecture centers are usually empty this period and picks up during January which is a few months to May/June Waec and Neco exams. Jamb is usually around this period too.

My advice, start free lectures. Forget money and profit, invest in your business. Do both morning and Afternoon lectures for free.

Be very social. Focus on Public school students. Students from Private school hardly attend lectures outside their school.

Be social. Make friends with your students. They should be your paddy not your student.

Understand that a lecture house isn’t a school. Most of your students do not want rules! Be very flexible.

Try and snatch Popular student from schools around your center. Give them scholarships. They will act as ambassadors and bring their friends. Focus on getting the head/senior boy and girl.

Create a referral system. If a student brings another student, reward them reasonably. One student will bring more than 10students with this system.

Learn jokes. Be funny and approachable.

Take this very seriously. I was a director with one of the Biggest toturial house in Benin and in a session, we can easily pull over 2000 students in one of the centers. Imagine how much we made monthly.

2 Likes

Re: What else should I do? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
My dear, pray.
Again I say, pray. Prayer works.

Stand in the middle of the center and command students to come from far and near every morning as soon as you open the door.

When go to church, still command them to come..with prayers.

Then send a small note to ushers of your church to help you make announcement about your coaching center.

You can even do a free coaching for them after service. Asking them what areas they are having challenges in any of the subjects and putting them through. From there, direct them to your center for the real deal. Then Keep praying, of possible, do midnight prayers..

Before you know it, students will start rushing your center and you'll be amazed.
You even started at the right time when all the sss3 student have adopted a new system where they now attend only lessons for their waec. They no longer do sss3 in school. I heard that is what is trending among them now. I've even seen someone doing it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Uploading Of O'level Results Into Jamb Portal / Afghan Families Offer 20- Day-old Daughters For Future Marriage – UNICEF / 2022 Seoul South Korea National University Global Scholarships For Internationa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.