Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,134 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

I Have Only One Wife, Why Must I Still Write A Will? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / I Have Only One Wife, Why Must I Still Write A Will? (291 Views)

Can I Still Apply For Building Approval? / Agency Fee: Must I Pay On Every Property? / Tips To Help You Write A Great Real Estate Sales Letter. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have Only One Wife, Why Must I Still Write A Will? by Legalolumoran(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
There are situations that necessitate the writing of one’s Will.

1. It lets your family know all your properties and assets which they might not have known if you die without a Will. ..

2. Even if you have one wife and you think that your assets will pass on to your immediate family upon death, be clever enough to write it still, in order to protect your immediate family against those who may want to reap where they did not sow.

3. It gives you the opportunity to give certain things to specific people or apportion certain funds to people who depend on you during your lifetime (even if they are not related to you) but whose lives will almost amount to naught without further assistance from you. A will is used to include or exclude whoever you want from inheriting your assets.

4. It enables you appoint few people (referred to as executors) that you trust to help you channel specific property to its beneficiaries with utmost integrity, or to appoint a guardian for infant children who may not independent at the time of your death.

5. A Will maker can spell out how you wants your burial arrangement to be. (e.g that he should be buried in his room. Or that he should be buried with a big fat gold chain around your neck (if you are a rabid lover of jewelries). You can decide to be as creative as you want with your burial arrangements.

6. It can be used to reveal powerful secrets. Sometimes a deceased could have secrets that he does not want his family to be aware of, but which he would love them to be aware of after his death. E.g The existence of a love child (a child of an affair), or the fact that the deceased is not the biological father of a child, contrary to a popular belief. Etc

7. Will prevents your family from the stress, confusion, disputes over asset of the deceased, and prevents your family from the cost implications of having to apply for a letters of administration.

I hope this helps.
_____
Credit: https://realestatesabi.com/question/i-have-only-one-wife-why-must-i-still-write-a-will/

www.realestatesabi.com is a question and answer forum bridging the real estate knowledge gap by connecting people who have knowledge to the people who need it.

(1) (Reply)

2 Plots With Almost Completed Beautiful Structure / ₦195M: 5 Bedrooms Detached Home For Sale In Lekki(Photos) / Southern Atlantic Estate Ibeju Lekki Lagos. Promo Price 900k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.