Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Agency Fee: Must I Pay On Every Property? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Agency Fee: Must I Pay On Every Property? (711 Views)

How I Pay My Rent / Why Do Landlord Collect Agency Fee Again In A Direct Contract / A Room To Let, No Agency Fee (abuja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Agency Fee: Must I Pay On Every Property? by Andray007(m): 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
I know this content would be of so much help to you when buying your next property in an estate.

Must I pay agency fee on every property I buy?

What is agency fee?

Agency/ broker's fee is 10% of a property's worth that must be payed to the sales facilitator that is the broker. And it usually comes from both parties 5% from the seller & 5% from the buyer.

However, the agency fee can be negotiated if the property value is very high.

I remember sometime in 2019 when I got a property for my client in Gwarinpa Abuja worth N43,000,000 instead of him paying me 5% of N43,000,000 which was N2,150,000, he pleaded with me to take just N500,000, of which I agreed because he loved the property but it was above his budget, so he had to stretch in order to get it.

And I didn't want my interest to deny him of the property so I accepted the N500,000

Now in some cases not all brokers would understand with you at that point. So don't use my scenario as a template to deal with other brokers because it might not work well for you. I did what I did because I wanted to maintain quality relationship with my client and today we still do better businesses together.

The bottom line is that, agency fee or broker's fee on property is compulsory but can be negotiated

So when buying your next property take note that you would pay brokers fee of 5%.

Watch more valuable videos contents on my YouTube channel @Andrewonoja

1 Like

Re: Agency Fee: Must I Pay On Every Property? by Andray007(m): 3:33am On Apr 23, 2021
Andray007:
I know this content would be of so much help to you when buying your next property in an estate.

Must I pay agency fee on every property I buy?

What is agency fee?

Agency/ broker's fee is 10% of a property's worth that must be payed to the sales facilitator that is the broker. And it usually comes from both parties 5% from the seller & 5% from the buyer.

However, the agency fee can be negotiated if the property value is very high.

I remember sometime in 2019 when I got a property for my client in Gwarinpa Abuja worth N43,000,000 instead of him paying me 5% of N43,000,000 which was N2,150,000, he pleaded with me to take just N500,000, of which I agreed because he loved the property but it was above his budget, so he had to stretch in order to get it.

And I didn't want my interest to deny him of the property so I accepted the N500,000

Now in some cases not all brokers would understand with you at that point. So don't use my scenario as a template to deal with other brokers because it might not work well for you. I did what I did because I wanted to maintain quality relationship with my client and today we still do better businesses together.

The bottom line is that, agency fee or broker's fee on property is compulsory but can be negotiated

So when buying your next property take note that you would pay brokers fee of 5%.

Watch more valuable videos contents on my YouTube channel @Andrewonoja

(1) (Reply)

House For Sale At Lbs Ajah / Graffitex Application At Anambra Mansion. / 10 Plots Of Land Available For Sale At Igwuruta, Port Harcourt (virgin Land)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.