Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,804 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (134822 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:00am On Jun 29, 2011
Off to site we go, more updates later today.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2011
Waiting for you.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:48pm On Jun 29, 2011
spyder880:

Off to site we go, more updates later today.

Have a fun filled day and God bless . . . We dey wait
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2011
The lord will guide u through , , wating for updates,
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:03am On Jun 30, 2011
some picture updates

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:04am On Jun 30, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:06am On Jun 30, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:07am On Jun 30, 2011
more still

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:11am On Jun 30, 2011
pallets to keep our cement dry on site.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:28am On Jun 30, 2011
As at the time I left this site to visit another, about 5 bags of cement has been used and more than 170 blocks were on the ground. My men are to camp in this site till the work is finished as the site store will be used as a sleeping space at night. We always do this for 3 reasons.

1. for the closeness to work, earlier resumption
2. for the protection of the materials on site from theft at night
3. to save money as neither my client or myself will be lodging anyone in a five star hotel grin

cost update

Payment for molding 5 bags of cement N450X5 = N2250.00
Purchase of water proof to cover the blocks in the event of rain N900.00
Payment of carpenter who built and roofed the site store/house N3000.00

Total money spent for yesterday was N6150.00
This will bring the total money spent for building this house to N159,450.00
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2011
Well done bro.
I am still salivating to see the earth opened.
ride on.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2011
How many blocks are you expecting to use for the foundation up to DPC level?
And when are you envisaging can start the excavation?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 12:02pm On Jun 30, 2011
Fidelo726:

How many blocks are you expecting to use for the foundation up to DPC level?
And when are you envisaging can start the excavation?

I made a budget of less than 800 blocks to be used for that stage but from what I can see about the sloped nature of this land, it may take more blocks to round it up. There may be steps cut into the foundation to balance the levels. We shall see more of this on Saturday when I plan to do the real excavation proper.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2011
Foundation work during rainy season can be horrifying.
With the fear of the rain droping before the blinding is done.
Its frustrating paying for removal of water from the excavation before blinding.

Good luck bro.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:16am On Jul 01, 2011
I am loving the pix already . . . keep them coming
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:47am On Jul 01, 2011
Fidelo726:

Foundation work during rainy season can be horrifying.
With the fear of the rain droping before the blinding is done.
Its frustrating paying for removal of water from the excavation before blinding.

Good luck bro.

Thank you bros, I have thought about the rain and still think the best approach to it is to get most materials ready so we can start doing the blinding as soon as we confirm the foundation is ok. But blinding for upstairs is not possible to rush, by the time we form the column bases, make and install the baskets, cover the column holes, stand the iron rods and do the block work, at least two days may have passed.
Maybe I will require the services of a competent rainmaker/stopper to join us on site wink
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:02am On Jul 01, 2011
My men are still busy making blocks and I will update us on the quantity on ground later. I spent some money to buy some materials as follows.

10 bags of cement (Ibeto) @ 1750 =N17,500.00
30 pcs of purling (for foundation profile) N200 x 30 =N6000
3 bundles of pegs (for foundation marking) N500 X 3 N1500
Rope bought to tie the wood N250
loading N500

Total for yesterday N25,750.00

All totals N185,200 spent so far on this house
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Ferya(f): 8:22am On Jul 01, 2011
Maybe I will require the services of a competent rainmaker/stopper to join us on site

@ Spyder, lol grin grin
How many weeks do you want? If you are willing to pay well I will move my equipments to your site ASAP. lipsrsealed
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by nwakaibe(m): 11:38am On Jul 01, 2011
Maybe I will require the services of a competent rainmaker/stopper to join us on site wink
[quote][/quote]

tongue tongue tongue I am a powerful rainmaker. Inherited the skills from my maternal grandfather, agwoturumbe of Okija. I will relocate to your site, wave a hundred year old broom covered sooth,and rain will not fall till i say so. my terms are, you will handle my building project, both in the village and Lagos. I will pay you for the work. wink wink wink
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Ferya(f): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2011

I am a powerful rainmaker. Inherited the skills from my maternal grandfather, agwoturumbe of Okija. I will relocate to your site, wave a hundred year old broom covered sooth,and rain will not fall till i say so. my terms are, you will handle my building project, both in the village and Lagos. I will pay you for the work.

@ spyder

I don't like boasting because I know my abilities. This is a small job for baby rainmakers I have no terms like nwakaibe only small money for my boys.
[b]Infact, nwakaibe submit your CV to Spyder. Abeg, change your name before submission oh! grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by rastaman20(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2011
Rain makers, majek fashek grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. naija go kill person with laugh one day, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Jul 01, 2011
^^^ Lol
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fidelo726: 7:41pm On Jul 01, 2011
Ferya:

@ Spyder, lol grin grin
How many weeks do you want? If you are willing to pay well I will move my equipments to your site ASAP. lipsrsealed
Ferya:

@ spyder

I don't like boasting because I know my abilities. This is a small job for baby rainmakers I have no terms like nwakaibe only small money for my boys.
[b]Infact, nwakaibe submit your CV to Spyder. Abeg, change your name before submission oh! grin grin

tongue tongue tongue I am a powerful rainmaker. Inherited the skills from my maternal grandfather, agwoturumbe of Okija. I will relocate to your site, wave a hundred year old broom covered sooth,and rain will not fall till i say so. my terms are, you will handle my building project, both in the village and Lagos. I will pay you for the work. wink wink wink
[quote][/quote]

Thank you all for you concern.
But at the long run the next rain afterward becomes destructive.
I quess he is better of with weather report and proper planning.
Though in a rainy season like this, you can hardly be assertive.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:47am On Jul 02, 2011
updates

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 4:51am On Jul 02, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:05am On Jul 02, 2011
The bundles of pegs and purlings to do the profile and setting out.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:20am On Jul 02, 2011
We now have about 930 blocks on site made from 27 bags of cement and this could be just enough for the start. I will be paying for 22 bags of cement made after paying for 5 earlier, this will total to N 9900.00. I will also pay for two mosquito nets to be used by my men arriving to camp out in the site at a cost of N1000.00.

N185,200 + N10,900.00 = N196,100.00
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:24am On Jul 02, 2011
I will be making arrangements for a trip of gravel and iron rods to be used to form column and its bases. This is a priority this morning. I will also need a few planks.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2011
nwakaibe:

and if our 'African insurance' fails, can you pay back 1000% grin
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:28am On Jul 02, 2011
d-day!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Olaisrich(m): 8:09am On Jul 02, 2011
Weldone bros! kudos to you!i was surprised when i saw your block type not being a normal hollow type that
we are used to in Lagos environment,it's exactly the type we use in Ghana here but never saw it in Nigeria before!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by brabus(m): 8:28am On Jul 02, 2011
May the good Lord bless your day! Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / Exclusive Pictures Of Babangida's Eye-popping Mansion In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.