Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,675 members, 7,816,774 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. (554 Views)

Android 7, 8 Or 9 Phone Urgently Needed / The Fraudulent Company Called Raya Care / Which Is Better Btw The Infinix 18:9 Phone And Tecno 18:9 Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by thesolutions(m): 12:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Please Nairalanders, I need your opinion on this.

I took my RedMi 9 phone for repairs after it developed a fault. I never wanted to though but I was advised to do so.

The phone suddenly started rebooting by itself while overheating in the process.

To save the phone, I had to open it and disconnect the battery flex.

I had to consult a friend of mine that works phones and he thought it is a problem with the power button as many nairalanders thought when I first brought the complain here. He did what he could to solve the issue but his effort was fruitless as the phone developed more problem after he soaked the phone board in a solution and using same to clean some portions of the phone. The display went dark.

It was then he advised I take it to care for proper attention.

It took the store 20 days to forward the phone to raya care and it has been 24 days since it left the distributor that took the phone to raya care and no information yet from their end. It has been a total of 44 days since the phone left my hand without calls about the state of the phone or any action to be taken with regard to fixing the phone.

My crisis is I don't want to buy a new phone and and later receive calls from them that the phone can be fixed.

so, should I ask the distributor to recall the phone and dump it as scrap or be patient with raya care?
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by motionarena: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
thesolutions:
Please Nairalanders, I need your opinion on this.

I took my RedMi 9 phone for repairs after it developed a fault. I never wanted to though but I was advised to do so.

The phone suddenly started rebooting by itself while overheating in the process.

To save the phone, I had to open it and disconnect the battery flex.

I had to consult a friend of mine that works phones and he thought it is a problem with the power button as many nairalanders thought when I first brought the complain here. He did what he could to solve the issue but his effort was fruitless as the phone developed more problem after he soaked the phone board in a solution and using same to clean some portions of the phone. The display went dark.

It was then he advised I take it to care for proper attention.

It took the store 20 days to forward the phone to raya care and it has been 24 days since it left the distributor that took the phone to raya care and no information yet from their end. It has been a total of 44 days since the phone left my hand without calls about the state of the phone or any action to be taken with regard to fixing the phone.

My crisis is I don't want to buy a new phone and and later receive calls from them that the phone can be fixed.

so, should I ask the distributor to recall the phone and dump it as scrap or be patient with raya care?

I think you should forget that phone and get a new one.

What ever solution your friend put in d phone has destroyed it for good.

Naso one of my friend deep my phone board inside fuel in d name of repairs
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by thesolutions(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
motionarena:

The phone has confidential information and my bank apps that I already activated payment by finger print as well as CCTV Monitoring app for my organization are also in the phone. I won't be comfortable knowing the phone could be in someone else hand.
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by Shuregirl: 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
What a long wait, the phone is already good as gone
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by hansomb: 1:47am On Nov 11, 2021
Keep hope alive. Wetin concern rebooting and dipping mother board inside solutions.
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by SunshineHQ(m): 9:36am On Nov 11, 2021
Wahala for who believe op lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by Flamees(m): 10:29am On Nov 11, 2021
motionarena:

Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by thesolutions(m): 2:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
hansomb:
Keep hope alive. Wetin concern rebooting and dipping mother board inside solutions.
You allow professionals do what they know to avoid hearing "Oga, take your phone, I no do again." That was what someone told me when I was advicing him about one of my phone that fell inside water.

But he first used the solution to clean the power button but that did not solve the problem. It was after he noticed the heating that he decided to soak the board inside the solution and heating it with one device like that.
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by thesolutions(m): 2:44pm On Nov 11, 2021
SunshineHQ:
Wahala for who believe op lol
Its like you are that my friend that tried repairing the phone. Ok, give us your version of the story.
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by sunshineV(f): 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
thesolutions:

Its like you are that my friend that tried repairing the phone. Ok, give us your version of the story.

no worry dis ur version sweet leemao
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by Cheezzyy: 6:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
Redmi9 and issues na like 5&6 sha
Re: Should I Recall My Redmi 9 Phone From Raya Care Or Wait. by akrogeo(m): 11:13pm On Nov 11, 2021

(1) (Reply)

What Business Can I Do With My Phone In School / Denziltelecoms: Big Scammers!!! / How To Bypass DND 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.