Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations (10838 Views)

LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill After Upgrade / LAWMA Cleanup Akobi Crescent Surulere, Restores Normalcy, 24 Hours After / Sanwo-olu Visits Olusosun Dumpsite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Lanrelagboi: 3:52pm On Nov 10, 2021
As Odumboni receives award

The Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), has reopened its Olusosun Landfill after a 48-hour closure announced earlier.

Speaking on the reopening, the Managing Director/CEO of LAWMA, Mr. Ibrahim Odumboni, said the temporary closure of the landfill became necessary to prepare it for the anticipated increase in waste disposal activities during the forthcoming Yultide festivities.

He said: “December will have more influx of trucks due to the volume of waste that would be generated during the period. 70% of waste generated in Lagos is deposited at Olusosun. Turnaround time is very crucial for waste management, the tipping platform has to be very stable, so that waste disposal does not take more than 10 minutes. And the Authority is working at ensuring that 10 trucks can tip at once”, he said.

The LAWMA boss further stated that the palliative measures would be extended to other dumpsites across the metropolis, starting from Solous dumpsite, Igando, which would also be shut down in a couple of days, for same maintenance work.

He once again appealed to Lagos residents to bear with the Authority, adding that any inconvenience occasioned by the ongoing maintenance of the landfills was for the purpose of better service delivery.

In another development, the Managing Director/CEO of LAWMA, Mr. Ibrahim Odumboni, today received an award from the National Association of Online Security News Publishers, for his efforts at repositioning LAWMA since he assumed leadership.

It was presented during the National Security Conference/Awards event, tagged: “A Nation Under Siege: Activating Technology and Local Intelligence To Solve Conundrum”, held at the NECA House, Alausa-Secretariat, Ikeja.

Responding to the award, Odumboni appreciated the organisers for the recognition and honour, promising not to rest on his oars in delivering the Authority’s mandate of making the state better and livable.

Folashade Kadiri (Mrs.)
Director, Public Affairs
10/11/2021

https://unilagefiwe.com/lawma-reopens-olusosun-landfill-for-operations/

3 Likes

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by wallay77(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Yen yen yen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Belcon(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ok
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by tobtap: 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
embarassedI pity dos staying arnd dat place…

5 Likes

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by updatechange(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Men I can't even stay 4 kilometres near this sites... People of igando area dey really try.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Yompay01(m): 4:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Lawma
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by ignis: 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
I would have been First To Comment, but this sillly Airtel messed up my chances.
I have to quickly remove the useless Airtel Sim and Insert MTN sim card before rushing here to Comment. Imagine, 6 people commented before me.

7 Likes

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by henry4991(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good Development
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Tintinnoty(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
C
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Shaev7(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
This is good. Let them manage properly. It is not good at all for people leaving around.

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by tillaman(m): 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
cool

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by saferoom: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ok
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by cardoctor(m): 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
I dey move comot from area be dat
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by free2ryhme: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Lanrelagboi:

As Odumboni receives award

https://unilagefiwe.com/lawma-reopens-olusosun-landfill-for-operations/

If you frequently drive by 7up regularly you will agree that it was never closed in the first place

5 Likes

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by raphy(m): 4:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
ignis:
I would have been First To Comment, but this sillly Airtel messed up my chances.
I have to quickly remove the useless Airtel Sim and Insert MTN sim card before rushing here to Comment. Imagine, 6 people commented before me.

De here de drag FTC no body need am again u can even sleep here wait for new post
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Pootle: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
ignis:

sorry for the missed FTC award.
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
70 percent Kwa....People around 7up,tollgate,Abiola garden,alapere,olusosun,ojota,I hail oooo.....una dey inhale nansense,Lagos State govt suppose dey compensate una every month grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by Fem31: 4:21pm On Nov 10, 2021
Get a professional business or company logo design done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo that can be used for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by rajiedreez: 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Solous dump site igando, next to alimosho general hospital sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by ignis: 4:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
raphy:

De here de drag FTC no body need am again u can even sleep here wait for new post

If you can't encourage, don't insult.
Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by domaboy1759: 4:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
Why do people FROWN after making withdrawals at the ATM? ��

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations by letsfarmnigeria: 4:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
Wao Eko for sure

Maybe you have been trying to raise fishes before and you have not been successful, or you have not been able to raise catfish very big , well it may interest you to note that you can do it from learning from the comfort of your home , simply subscribe to our youtube channel letusfarm for more videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrpipEIb5I

(1) (2) (Reply)

Isis/boko Haram: Handling Terrorism The Russian Way / Mr President, Take Charge! By Simon Kolawole / IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.