Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,989 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor (16340 Views)

South-East Governors Shun Soludo As Anambra Hosts Regional Conference / Emefiele: Governors Appoint Soludo As Chairman Of Committee To Engage CBN / Court Reinstates Charles Soludo As APGA Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
An Address by the Governor of Anambra State, the National Leader and Chairman of Board of Trustees of APGA to Mark the Resounding Victory of the Party in the 2021 Anambra Gubernatorial Election, delivered on November 10, 2021

Ndi Anambra, ekenm unu.

Umu nnem, the outcome of this gubernatorial election presents hope and a new beginning for our dear state. For the second time in the last four years, Ndi Anambra boldly chose to stand on the side of positive history. People who thought that 21/21 was a fluke have seen history repeat itself in a most memorable way. 19/21 is a massive repeat of history. The difference is just two! And so, against intimidating odds, we stood tall and reclaimed the dignity of our people. Ndi Anambra, we proved to be true sons and daughters of our fathers and mothers and lived out the full meaning of our motto: Light of the Nation!

Fellow citizens, this sweet victory belongs to you. It belongs to that courageous woman in Ebenebe who turned down the N5000 bribe for her vote because she knew that though money could buy her temporary relief, but Anambra would be a better place if she voted according to her conscience. It belongs to our loyal party men and women who resisted temptations of financial inducement from rival parties to fight under the banner of APGA because they knew that victory for APGA is victory for the ordinary citizens of our dear state. And finally, it belongs to Ndi Anambra at home and in the Diaspora who stood behind APGA, not because we have met all the expectations of our people but because even in the foundation my Team and I have laid so far, they see enough sunlight to believe that Anambra State is like the sun which is bound to rise, against all odds. And that is why we won this election.

Ndi Anambra, in pursuit of excellence, we placed merit above narrow interests. We choose a candidate whose pedigree announces itself. Prof Chukwuma Soludo has a name to protect. I have no doubt that he will not let you down. However, on a personal level, Ndi Anambra, you have made me proud. You have shown the world that when a determined people come together as one in pursuit of what is right and just, they bend the arc of justice in their favour.

I must quickly warn, however, that the victory we celebrate today is not a winner-takes-it-all! The motto of our great party is onye aghana nwanne ya (be your brother and sister’s keeper). So, our arms are wide open to our brothers and sisters who fought this battle on other platforms to join APGA. As for those who allowed themselves to be lured away from our great party, our arms are wide open to you too. Please come home! The wound of political battles may be costly but it heals fast. We must not allow a brief struggle for power put a permanent division between families and friends. We must come together to build a prosperous homeland for ourselves and our children.

Ndi Anambra, this is a day of celebration; not for long speeches. The most important speech has been made by the people at the polls. So, I must end this address, but not without thanking the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari for allowing the will of the people to prevail in this election. Indeed, I am happy to recognize and appreciate the massive efforts of the National Chairman of our party, Ozonkpu Victor Oye, the former National Chairman and distinguished Senator of the Federal Republic, Chief Sir Victor Umeh, the Director General of APGA Campaign Committee, Prof Solo Chukwulobelu and of course, the Governor-elect of Anambra State, Prof Chukwuma Soludo. I also thank the leaders of the church and the traditional institution, leaders of the various market associations, farmers’ cooperatives, the town unions and our brothers and sisters in the Diaspora for playing active roles in this election. Without a doubt, you have demonstrated to the world that though we may fight with each other, the bond of brotherhood that holds us together is stronger than our disagreements!

My gratitude also goes to the Nigerian Police, the Army, the Navy and all the security agencies for providing a watertight security to ensure a peaceful election. I thank my beloved wife, Ebelechukwu for standing by me all through the campaign period and mobilizing umunwanyi Anambra to come out and perform their civic duty on November 6 and 9. Darling, oga adili gi mma!

In conclusion, Ndi Anambra, thank you so much for voting Prof Chukwuma Soludo. It is the best parting gift you will ever give to me!

God bless Anambra State
God bless Nigeria

Willie Obiano
Governor

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=430845225076940&id=100044543974752

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by PrinceOfLagos: 5:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
You've tried your best for your people your Excellency sir

The airport your government newly built for Anambra people really boosted Soludo's chances in this election ..

God bless you

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Ezewuzie01: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Obiano you have done it again. You delivered Apga and you are handing the baton over to Apga for continuity the way you handed a brand new airport to Anambra state. I propose Governor elect Soludo names a befitting public project after Sir Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano. He thoroughly deserves it.

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Ahmed0336(m): 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
It is time for soludo to prove that he is not only good with theories but practicals by putting anambra where it ought to be.

68 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by SonofDevil: 5:12pm On Nov 10, 2021
More like thanking them for keeping his business empire intact and voting his stooge.
Just like he betrayed his benefactor obi-china, he will also be betrayed by his stooge soludo

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by PrinceOfLagos: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
More like thanking them for keeping his business empire intact and voting his stooge.
Just like he betrayed his benefactor obi-china, he will also be betrayed by his stooge soludo
Tinubu will be disappointed at your comment

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by festacman(m): 5:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
Victory is sweet. The lord has set the table for Gov. Willie Obiano in the presence of his political enemies.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by kingsways: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Onye aghana nwanne ya

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by SonofDevil: 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Tinubu will be disappointed at your comment

we will wait till obiano fall out with his stooge soludo. Thats when he will start ranting of how he left humongous money in the bank and help him buy delegates and sponsor his court case against umeoji apga faction

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Chiefecho(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
https://www.sabitribe.com?rpid=2&rpr=193
Click on the link and get started

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by NwaNimo1(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2021

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Patrioticman007(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2021
What an achievement to the people of Igbo race, Nigeria is indivisible. Ipobian take notice.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by GboyegaD(m): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Glad he delivered for his party. I hope there is both continuity on existing projects and initiative on poverty alleviation and economic development.

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by SILVERLINES: 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
cheesy

We thank God for not allowing that kidnapper to hijacked it with their evil party

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
Sweet. Hate it or love it, the underdogs on top grin

5 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Rexnegro(m): 5:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good gesture , I like people who appreciate people's efforts, e dey sweet me for Belle sha

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Hamiltonii: 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
When would flight commence?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:56pm On Nov 10, 2021
With Love from our Darling Daddy and all of us @[b][/b] .....

I congratulate Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, the candidate of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) — and a member of the Presidential Economic Advisory Committee (PEAC) — on his victory in the Anambra State gubernatorial election.

I commend the security agencies for their determination to ensure that the election went on as smoothly as possible, and the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) for the successful conclusion of the exercise, despite the initial challenges encountered.

I enjoin Prof Soludo to rally other stakeholders to tackle the enormous challenges confronting Anambra State and the Southeast in general.

I look forward to working with him for the peace, security and development of Anambra State and the entire country

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by SmartGadgetz: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Na so. Weldon sir.

Good for transport business.
Sienna Very Clean 2001 for sale
Buy and drive
Location - Egbeda Lagos
Price- 1.2m (Negotiable)

Check my profile for more pictures.
Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Hapinex01: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
No need to thank them, we knew you are behind everything

1 Like

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by bluefilm: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
Soludo is the chosen One of God.

Anambara anyi ga adi mma

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
Shame unto bad and evil murderers.

A big shame unto them and their online swines.......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by EvangelistChuks(m): 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
The election was never about Obiano's performance but a determination by a people to say no to wickedness , intimidation and slavery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
The people have elected who they want to Rule them.
Let's move on to the Next one.
God bless Anambra State.
God bless Nigeria.

The best man that Anambrans want to rule them has been selected.

All the best to all sane, honest, law-abiding and hardworking Anambrans.

thatigboman1:
can't be declared. No results from 2 local govts as at not due to various reasons.
The election will be declared inconclusive
Stop typing rubbish.
The election is concluded.
Congratulations to the winner already.
A better Nigeria all around is all we want.
God bless Anambra State.
God bless Nigeria.

Meanwhile,
We said this before and we will say it again.
Truth is not bitter, just that some evil people are bitter to the truth.

About transparency in elections...
This can only happen because we have a President that makes everyone vote count, unlike what our darling country has been used to for 16 years of failure.

buchilino:
I ADMIT WEN IT COMES 2 ELECTION, BUHARI REALLY TRIED
Good to see you guys know the kinda good man you've got as a President that you can even vouch for him.
Now, that is integrity at it's peak.
That is one of the things dad will be remembered for in this nation for many many years to come.

Let's give you more insight........

It is a always good and refreshing to see that we have a President who does not intervene in the rule of law.

From Corruption, down to politics, Our darling Daddy always allow the rule of law to take charge...

Memory lane........
Elections In Nigeria now,
There is no need to fear.
Why? Because the will of Nigerians will not be subverted. Never! A President once told us in this country that the coming polls would be do or die.
Not with President Buhari.
Fair is fair.
No foul play.
Under his watch, his political party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has lost gubernatorial elections in Bayelsa(now twice), Oyo State, Edo State, Zamfara state and Anambra states.

At the last Council of States meeting, Gov Willie Obiano publicly registered his appreciation to President Buhari, for the level playing ground he made available during the election in his state. With do or die apostles, and a certain political party in power, such would never happen. Not with their garrison mentality. All states are territories that must be conquered, willy-nilly.

APC has won gubernatorial positions under Buhari in Kogi, Ondo and Edo states, (Now losing same Edo again) The victories were fair and square.
The party lost in Bayelsa (twice), Zamfara, Oyo, Anambra etc.
This President would never manipulate victory for anyone, not even his own party.
And you ask us not to trust him?
We will, and no mistake.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.

Okoroawusa:

When was the last time I told you that I love you ?
Lol cheesy
Just 3 mins ago sir!
All of us @[b][/b] love you too.....
Let's share the love around!
Stay blessed Chairman!

That is one of the things dad will be remembered for in this nation for many many years to come.

Let us read from the comment of one of the sane, honest and hardworking Nairalander we have below... kiss

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by candidbabe(f): 6:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Yes oooooo
Glory to God
No vacancy for the evil and blood sucking party in Ala Anambra
We mueeevvvee

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Fovickers(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
U sayy what
Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by hope4nigeria(m): 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
SonofDevil:
Bandit Dem. E pain am

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by JavaScript90: 6:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
atleast anambra will experience peace unlike usbin IMO that is still battling the after effect of Mr supreme governor

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Thanks Anambra For Voting Soludo As Anambra Governor by Ranksun: 6:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
You've tried your best for your people your Excellency sir

The airport your government newly built for Anambra people really boosted Soludo's chances in this election ..

God bless you

The only thing he will boost of in time to come is that Airport, truly a legacy for this administration.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Proposed US-Immigration Bill Will Eliminate DV-Lottery / Ambode’s Inaugural Address / Olajide Sowore: We’re Combing Forest To Arrest Killers — Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.