Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One (31967 Views)

Pick One And Lets Put You Through / Who Should Peter Obi Pick As Vice / 8 New Jobs Are Now Available. Take Your Pick And Apply. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by CocoaOla: 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
damosky12:

Well, not everyone in Canada or the US have that peace of mind. The "peace of mind" and "safety" in these countries can be overrated atimes. You've got gangsterism, racism, police killings, etc. in the US and Canada too...

Conversely, not everyone in Nigeria is having sleepless nights. Many Nigerians have made it from scratch here, who now travel anywhere they wish. We just have to be more pragmatic and less emotional when we think.
with they effcc and police are harassing innocent youths, under reported double digits inflations

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Bigchristo: 6:33pm On Nov 10, 2021
integrityhomes:
you can only pick one

would you opt for a job of 250k or a visa to Canada America
Na Visa sure pass oh

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by valves: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
250K is not much in today's Nigeria. it's just $500...

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by ramatintin(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
damosky12:
Typical naive African mentality will embrace the "messiah," Canada instead. As though it rains money and comfort there. Body go tell you!
as if you de canada you for no talk this rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by damosky12(m): 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kokaine:
exactly. The first question for me is: visa to America or Canada to do what there? If I can know what I'll be doing, my kids won't learn bad habits or foreign mentality, I won't be racially profiled, then abroad is a better option because of how rotten this system here is. There is no justice in Nigeria that's the biggest problem. And there seems to be no head way out of this mess. Mediocres are everywhere occupying important positions.

The system here is disturbing and poor. That's true. But many of these "developed" countries too don't have it all figured out. Their inadequacies just don't make the news as much as that of Nigeria...

The rich (especially the white) also buy justice there. Racism and racial profiling, gangsterism/thuggery (in the US), poor moral/religious values, etc. are some other issues there.

It's valid to want to relocate to a better system. But the japa frenzy is a little too overrated. Many people talk as though they'll have everything all figured out abroad. They often end up confused and stranded there...

One more thing: not everyone is failing in Nigeria. People do and will still succeed from scratch in Nigeria till Jesus comes. It's all in the mind.

4 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by MiaBeer(m): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
integrityhomes:
you can only pick one

What will you be doing in Canada or US?
Because a visa doesn’t guarantee a job in Canada or America and that’s the hard lesson many immigrants learn when they relocate to these two Countries.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Johel(m): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
integrityhomes:
you can only pick one

Visa abeg.... breathing fresh air in Canada or US is better than living in a shithole.

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 10, 2021
damosky12:

Tell that to those who raised you

Baba e gour

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by tobatele(m): 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Is the Visa to Canada still available?

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by CocoaOla: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
damosky12:

Don't jump into hasty conclusions bro.

If indeed you ever lived in Canada or the US, you'll know that this japa frenzy is more of a mirage than reality.

250k is small. But it's something for a young man to start from. Many young folks from here have been in and out of Canada with nothing to show. Their mates here who earn lesser have more assets than they do. Speaking from experience bro. We don't have to be emotive all the time.
with Nigeria double digits inflations envys and youths life is endangered here they don't wanna see you progress

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by lagba04(m): 6:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
hollamanng:
Who compared 250k Nigerian naira a month to North American visas in the first place ?
I tire ooo

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by CocoaOla: 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2021
damosky12:

The system here is disturbing and poor. That's true. But many of these "developed" countries too don't have it all figured out. Their inadequacies just don't make the news as much as that of Nigeria...

The rich (especially the white) also buy justice there. Racism and racial profiling, gangsterism/thuggery (in the US), poor moral/religious values, etc. are some other issues there.

It's valid to want to relocate to a better system. But the japa frenzy is a little too overrated. Many people talk as though they'll have everything all figured out abroad. They often end up confused and stranded there...

One more thing: not everyone is failing in Nigeria. People do and will still succeed from scratch in Nigeria till Jesus comes. It's all in the mind.
You lied Nigeria system is too toxic to youths
Police extortions once you are doing better than the rest envys and hatred by police effcc and low life's gangs

3 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Saintkollyjoe: 6:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
damosky12:
Typical naive African mentality will embrace the "messiah," Canada instead. As though it rains money and comfort there. Body go tell you!
I thought stupidities are no longer fashionable

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by 123papas(m): 6:46pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bad advice. Sapa
Mercychen:
Do you have a ready-made job waiting for you over there?( Canada).

Have you saved up enough to roll by when you get there pending when you get a job?

To me, I'll rather you take the 250 offer and save up enough. There will be more visas in the future; by what time you're fully prepared financially to embark on the trip.

If you decide to go for the Visa offer, try link someone from the many unemployed youth in our midst before going.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Owopariola01: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
CocoaOla:
with Nigeria double digits inflations envys and youths life is endangered here they don't wanna see you progress

You guys should stop profiling Nigeria as if we are in a war zone?
People are still living normal lives in Naija.
Aside from "abroadees" that spend their money in third world countries like Naija, how many of them can live and enjoy lives like people earning 250k in Naija if they should spend their money in the US or Canada?
Yes, 250k is about $500 but is the cost of living the same?

As for the OP, except there is a sure plan of getting a good-paying job between your time of landing and 6months after, better stay back. Don't go and be doing salesman in McDonald all in the name of living abroad.
If you are going there because of your kids or unborn kids, note that with that 250k and a good career progression, you can afford to send your kids there.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by gulfer: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Se oun wyne nipple mi ni, angry angry angry
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by ahnie: 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
Visa all the way....
My spirit don leave naija tey tey
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by lokoventurex1(m): 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
I make about 350k to 360k monthly in Lagos, Nigeria. It's pretty difficult to save 150k monthly after paying my Tithe. Nigeria is pretty difficult. If I could get into that U.S or Canada and get to work the way I do here, I won't be far from getting more riches.

U.S.A or Canada is too good for an hard-working Nigerian. Shey this one have been consistently making 350k here in Nigeria and am still struggling. For the records,I don't smoke, drink , neither do I flirt. I'm even single.

Anyone that has wisdom that gets Visa to those countries will do well jarie.
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Nobody: 6:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
What kind of question and comparison is this bayi...
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Deenillah(m): 7:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
250k? Monthly?

Brother man who abroad epp?
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Lamasta(m): 7:08pm On Nov 10, 2021
Majority have spoken am go8ng with them cool
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by larryking540: 7:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
better stay in Nigeria ooo,before tax and fines and cold go finish your career ,have u even thought what job you will meet when u get to Canada ,most Nigeria never know any thing,you think it is the one your boss in Nigeria will be addressing you ,u go vex say u day go hux ,or u go just wake up say u kw day go work ,,,,, people oversea know better
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by larryking540: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Christie06:
What kind of question and comparison is this bayi...
pick one na
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Ccss: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Think
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by larryking540: 7:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
lokoventurex1:
I make about 350k to 360k monthly in Lagos, Nigeria. It's pretty difficult to save 150k monthly after paying my Tithe. Nigeria is pretty difficult. If I could get into that U.S or Canada and get to work the way I do here, I won't be far from getting more riches.

U.S.A or Canada is too good for an hard-working Nigerian. Shey this one have been consistently making 350k here in Nigeria and am still struggling. For the records,I don't smoke, drink , neither do I flirt. I'm even single.

Anyone that has wisdom that gets Visa to those countries will do well jarie.

if u have 350k job in Nigeria bro ,it's better to stay in 9ja o
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by shegun854(m): 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
integrityhomes:
you can only pick one

Visa to Canada will be better
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by domaboy1759: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Japalogy is my name grin grin
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by larryking540: 7:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Owopariola01:

You guys should stop profiling Nigeria as if we are in a war zone?
People are still living normal lives in Naija.
Aside from "abroadees" that spend their money in third world countries like Naija, how many of them can live and enjoy lives like people earning 250k in Naija if they should spend their money in the US or Canada?
Yes, 250k is about $500 but is the cost of living the same?

As for the OP, except there is a sure plan of getting a good-paying job between your time of landing and 6months after, better stay back. Don't go and be doing salesman in McDonald all in the name of living abroad.
If you are going there because of your kids or unborn kids, note that with that 250k and a good career progression, you can afford to send your kids there.
people really need to educate most Nigeria youth ,many are just ignorant ,if I reach abroad I go jam better work ,e no easy ooo,e no easy no let any Facebook status picture deceive you ,bills day to pay ,if the salary I am receiving here ,I had such salary when I day Nigeria ,I for no travel ,na only Vacation I go plan for born my kids for Seychelles or South Africa ,,,,

Nigeria youth are into fraudulent active that is y it's difficult for most Nigeria living oversea to give them business back home to Handel

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by AlphaStyles(m): 7:15pm On Nov 10, 2021
if there is a good job waiting for me in canada that pays that same 250k or more then i would pick it but if not just give me that money
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Oluwasanmi77: 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
I would rather go for USA. Chikena
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by donPhill(m): 7:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Oduduwa707:
Well, it depends on the type of North American Visa... N250K na like $500 USD na... Haba. undecided My mortgage alone na almost $3K USD monthly (N1.5M) kiss

Is it Immigrant or Non-Immigrant?

Even, if it's Non-Immigrant (Visiting, F-1, etc...), I'll go there and marry to get papers na.

JAPA! cool
put me on the map � na
Re: Which One Would You Go For? You Can Only Pick One by Coldie(m): 7:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Visa is better cause later when u start doing the job u would just get tired of everything then start saving again to get a visa to relocate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Russian Oil Firms Plan 10,000 Jobs In Nigeria / Career Website Of The 25 Banks In Nigeria / One Of The Worse Job Offers I Have Ever Seen In My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.