Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,758 members, 7,820,633 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Anambra Guber: How INEC Officials Compromised Anambra Election Results - Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber: How INEC Officials Compromised Anambra Election Results - Report (208 Views)

Rivers Guber: How Voters Were Whipped, Forced To Vote PDP – Apc’s Cole / REVEALED: How Politicians Hijacked INEC Officials, Compromised Military / How INEC Helped APC In Ekiti - Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: How INEC Officials Compromised Anambra Election Results - Report by DNReporters(m): 6:29pm On Nov 10, 2021
INEC has officially declared Prof Charles Chukwuma Soludo of APGA as the winner of the November 6 Anambra state governorship election but we shall condemn the role of INEC in the outcome of this election.

INEC acted in a suspicious manner. It is unfortunate that INEC could not protect their own. In 2019, a returning officer came out to announce that he was forced under gun point to announce ex gov Rochas Okorocha as the winner of the Imo west senatorial election. INEC rose to the occasion, refused to accept the result and withheld the certificate of return to Rochas Okorocha.

INEC said declaration and return of Okorocha were made under duress and that the commission would not give any certificate to any person who procured a return under duress.

In the just included Anambra election, the returning officer for Orumba north LGA, Dr. Michael Otu, stunned stakeholders at the Anambra State governorship election collation centre on Sunday when he denounced the result he signed. He said he did not believe in the result. He accused the electoral officer that was supposed to work with him of collaborating with APGA officials to scuttle the election results in the area.

Dr Otu said, “I signed a report I didn’t believe in. I signed it under duress. I was teargassed. I was locked in the toilet, until a policeman smuggled me out.

“I could not even go out to ease myself. They were monitoring me up and down. At a point, I saw that my life waS in danger, so, I have to sign the results they prepared."

These were the words of the returning officer for Orumba north LGA but INEC went ahead to accept the…read more: https://dailynewsreporters.com/anambra-guber-how-inec-officials-compromised-anambra-election-results-report/

Re: Anambra Guber: How INEC Officials Compromised Anambra Election Results - Report by Bola146(f): 6:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
shocked
Re: Anambra Guber: How INEC Officials Compromised Anambra Election Results - Report by Leverage2021: 6:39pm On Nov 10, 2021
Dnreporters aka Alexreporters cheesy grin

Now you know why maduka said the election would be cancelled

(1) (Reply)

Direct Primaries: ‘osinbajo Not Taking Sides With Feuding Tripartite Committee’ / Pantami Professorship: Bauchi Varsity Union Dissociates Self From Vc’s Congratul / Video: Nnamdi Azikwe Appeals To Follow Igbos To Break Away From 'biafra Tyranny'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.