Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) (1075 Views)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad Or Obodo Oyinbo / Sad Truths About Living Abroad / Nigerian Mentality About Those Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
You know as Africans the only thing we carry around like a crown is our culture, tradition, and food. Many Africans cash out big time. Selling food to their brothers abroad especially Nigerians we are everywhere and I know in Panama we would have a Nigerian restaurant there making our people enjoy our Nigerian food.

I remember a post I saw online and someone was asking if people have tasted noodles and eggs prepared by Northerns in Nigeria and said yes and I loved it and in fact, I use to take a bike to my favorite northerner that prepares the noodles, I don't know there's a way they prepare it. Lol

I mostly still eat Nigerian foods here in Brazil but it is not like when you are in Nigeria where you can find everything you need, although we have Brazilian garri, Red oil, plantain, and cassava to make fufu(yea I make fufu at home).

I will tell you the list of foods I miss the most and it is amala and ewedu (thick ewedu)with better omi obe, lol. You won't understand, with correct ogufe(goat meat) and soft pomo, lol

I also miss catfish pepper soup with Eko and gulder(Nigerian beer). lol

I miss white eba and ila(okro) and with omi obe and Titus(arin, middle part)lol

We have Brazilian garri here but it is not like eba igbo(yellow garri).eba with egusi soup prepared eastern nigerian style.

I miss correct calabar fufu with better vegetable soup,we don't have those leaves in brazil, I make fufu in bazil but trust me it is not like the made in naija(nigeria) fufu

I remember the last time I visited Nigeria, I stayed for some few days, I ate amala all through, yea that was how bad I missed it and whenever I visit again I would bring enough.

Which food do you miss? Please share

https://www.walkbrazil4k.com/2021/11/those-living-abroad-which-food-do-you.html?m=1

Cc Mynd44 Lalasticlala
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Gulder, catfish pepper soup and eko, no combination can beat this grin

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Amala and ewedu with ohufe and soft cow skin grin

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fufu and egusi soup

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by XXXXTENTACION: 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Hunger don start to the wipe this boy for Brazil.... cheesy just tell us and we would waybill Garri to you... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by ojun50(m): 9:30pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fufu and egusi soup,

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 10, 2021
ojun50:
Fufu and egusi soup,

One of my fav, beta fufu way strong grin
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by DICKstractor: 11:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
undecided
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by ednut1(m): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
In many sane countries with Nigerian diaspora these things are available on uber eats . In Canada here we dey drink 9ja beer and other delicacies.

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by suffering: 5:08am On Nov 11, 2021
Eba. I didn’t know I craved Star beer until I went to a Nigerian restaurant which served it. The same as fufu and suya. I ate the most efo riro in my life when in England. Here in Nigeria it wasn’t a soup I grew on nor went out of my way to buy.

2 Likes

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Tope2580(m): 7:39am On Nov 11, 2021
I need pounded yam right now, I have not been able to get it around here in Sao Paulo.

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by BigDawsNet: 9:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Efo riro... Tho the items are available at my nearest African stores... But I can't cook it like my mom used to... So I miss it more ....

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by olioxx(m): 10:48am On Nov 11, 2021
For me oo, it will be freshly baked agege bread with ewa goin and one very cooooold Pepsi.
Secondly I will miss garri ijebu with cold water garnished with milk, spiced up with roasted titus fish and sweetened with sugar.
Oh Lord, but as per say I still dey Naija I dey jejely enjoy this delicacies.

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tope2580:
I need pounded yam right now, I have not been able to get it around here in Sao Paulo.

Hahaha, ekiti man can't do without pounded yam, I know how it feels bro, but we have yam in Brazil cant you make some at home? You know pastor shop for Sao Paulo? The man and his wife are wonderful people, that is where I use to eat whenever I am in Sao Paulo
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
BigDawsNet:
Efo riro... Tho the items are available at my nearest African stores... But I can't cook it like my mom used to... So I miss it more ....

Lol so true
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
suffering:
Eba. I didn’t know I craved Star beer until I went to a Nigerian restaurant which served it. The same as fufu and suya. I ate the most efo riro in my life when in England. Here in Nigeria it wasn’t a soup I grew on nor went out of my way to buy.

I miss star as well, lol
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
olioxx:
For me oo, it will be freshly baked agege bread with ewa goin and one very cooooold Pepsi.
Secondly I will miss garri ijebu with cold water garnished with milk, spiced up with roasted titus fish and sweetened with sugar.
Oh Lord, but as per say I still dey Naija I dey jejely enjoy this delicacies.

Lol, oboy na wa for you ooo grin

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Tope2580(m): 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Hahaha, ekiti man can't do without pounded yam, I know how it feels bro, but we have yam in Brazil cant you make some at home? You know pastor shop for Sao Paulo? The man and his wife are wonderful people, that is where I use to eat whenever I am in Sao Paulo

Ekiti boy to the core. � I've been able to eat Yam but I'm still looking for where to buy mortal and pestle.
Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Tope2580:

Ekiti boy to the core. � I've been able to eat Yam but I'm still looking for where to buy mortal and pestle.

Yes so ekiti representing, they sell those small. Mortar in Brazil but not those big ones, go to shop where they sell herbs you would see them there

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by olioxx(m): 2:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
walkbrazil4k:

Lol, oboy na wa for you ooo grin
I decided to comment nah, see my body is in Nigeria but my spirit is abroad.
LOL grin grin

1 Like

Re: Those Living Abroad Which Food Do You Miss The Most(photos) by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
olioxx:

I decided to comment nah, see my body is in Nigeria but my spirit is abroad.
LOL grin grin

Lol, just work on what your spirit wants bro and you would be abroad, your destiny might be abroad

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Travel With Virgin Nigeria At A Very Cheap Rate Using Staff Travel / No Interivew Date For U.s Visa Till 2009 / Your Visit To Enugu State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.