Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,227 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) (32614 Views)

Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by MrRobot: 11:56am On Nov 11, 2021
Sometimes I wonder if Africans are more colorful than Asians

1 Like

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by OBALOLA55(m): 11:58am On Nov 11, 2021
GO BY AND READ ABOUT IGBA NKWU IN IGBO LAND
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by Josephkabila12: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Great
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by Sammerboi: 12:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Yoruba traditions and culture is one of the best in the world.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by tammyf: 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
So far the tradition does not exalt itself above the most high ,its good for me .
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by SachaBastien(m): 12:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
What the Bleep is "IFA African Traditional Religion". Do you hear "Wiccan European Traditional Religion White Pink Wedding"?
Africans wake up from your slumber.

1 Like

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by wirinet(m): 12:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
tammyf:
So far the tradition does not exalt itself above the most high ,its good for me .
Which most high? O the God of your slave masters.

1 Like

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by calcal: 12:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
DSS is coming after them for possessing charms.
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by Ohraykon: 12:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
SachaBastien:
What the Bleep is "IFA African Traditional Religion". Do you hear "Wiccan European Traditional Religion White Pink Wedding"?
Africans wake up from your slumber.
I don't get you? Is it bad to describe it in fu terms? I think you are just confusing yourself �

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by Komu1048(m): 12:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
I
flexlatifa:
Na dem..

Runnnnnnnnnnnnn..

I know u r ashamed of yourself but it’s a pity no one can help you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by kjhova(m): 12:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
TOPCRUISE:
It should be in the shrine ifa where sango and orunmila will be witness.
Cheat and thunder will strike you.

Is this the same way holy ghost fire consumes wedding guests at churches too?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by OtemAtum: 12:33pm On Nov 11, 2021
tammyf:
What if your most high is just another god like the Yoruba god? Currently Jehovah, Allah and thousands of religious gods are in a spiritual cage.

2 Likes

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by jaxxy(m): 12:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
Factfinder1:
we need to start embracing our culture and traditions

What is traditional wedding? Besides some of our traditions are not good and need to be corrected by the black doesn’t understand how to evolve.

Any tradition that cannot be correct should not be embraced.
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by akdjr(m): 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Beautiful
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by Gaabasky: 12:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
If not for blood ritual and some other stuffs da associated with the Tradition religion I still trust them than foreign compromised religious
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by dogsnaturally: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
Congratulations to the new couple. Eepa Orisha!

2 Likes

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by King44(m): 1:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
Afrogist247:
This video educates on what wedding ceremony and process is involved in marriage and wedding ceremony in a traditional African way of the IFA Adherents away from just normal cultural process of the Yorùbá Wedding.

This wedding is that of an American Based Traditional worshiper & Artiste, Atayese Oba Ogunlana who got married in Nigeria days ago

Born in Miami, FL to Babalawo and priest of Osun, Olomide Ogunlano and the late great jazz singing Queen and priestess of Yemonja, Yeye Omialadora Ajamu, Oba Tayese is apart of the 2nd generation of Yoruba priests whose family has traced their lineage, customs and traditions back to south-western Nigeria. The eighth born to nine children, Oba was born into a large family of spiritual priests, musicians and performers. The Oba's parents were influential in the Yoruba cultural and restoration movement of the 70's, which, along with world-renowned priest Chief Adenibi Ajamu (who so happens to be HSH' uncle), helped to establish Oyotunji African Village in Beaufort, SC; the only recognized African village in the US, sovereign to the US.

At the tender age of 8 years old, Oba Tayese was initiated into the mysteries of Obatala at Ilesa Ire Yoruba temple by his Godmother Oyabi Wangara and Godfather Odedeji; his Oriste was Baba SangoDeji Alafia. Given the name 'Odun Obatala', loosely translated as the return of Obatala in the flesh. At the age of 13 he was initiated into Egbe Egungun also that same year he completed his Right of passage for the Men’s Society and joined Egbe Akinkanju in Oyotunji African Village.

His parents felt that it was time for him to further his studies in the Ifa Yoruba tradition and sent him to live with his Uncle Chief Adenibi Ajamu In Oyotunji. There is where Oba’s knowledge was enhanced in the tradition.

With over nearly 25 years of extensive priesthood training, he is honored to follow in the footsteps of his parents and Uncle, The Oba continues the family tradition spreading Yoruba culture to its descendants in the diaspora.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aK9LWHfS-NQ

Credit goes to my Ile-Ife brother, Adegoke - Art Photographer at MyBlackFestival
WOW!!

1 Like

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by juman(m): 1:02pm On Nov 11, 2021
Happy for them.
IFA agbe won o.
I seriously need to learn IFA.
It's like learning computer and Internet.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by King44(m): 1:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
Beautiful Happy married life

Sincerely, I was blown.

1 Like

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by King44(m): 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
OtemAtum:
What if your most high is just another God like the Yoruba god? Currently Jehovah, Allah and thousands of religious gods are in a spiritual cage.
they are intermediaries like Jesus and Mohammed not gods. According to AFREL that's the belief and Yoruba people.
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by PoliteActivist: 1:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
Sabadon:
Pure African culture.....live and let live

What you are looking at is MONEY. Don't get it mixed up
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by ComeToJesus: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
Sadly, culture hasn't helped anyone. Rather, those that break out of the mold and reinvent the wheels by carving a niche for themselves are the ones making impact in the world.

Overhyped African culture and traditions have no place in the realms of intellection and innovation.

As far as I'm concerned, those observances are meant to keep you dazed and stagnated in a world that's rapidly evolving
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by PoliteActivist: 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2021
OtemAtum:
What if your most high is just another God like the Yoruba god? Currently Jehovah, Allah and thousands of religious gods are in a spiritual cage.

Define "spiritual cage". Who guards it? Who determines who goes into it and on what basis is someone sent there?
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by lovebird65(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
Rubbish ndi ofe nmanu like WTF...................No tribe lazy pass yoruba sha
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by adelaja70(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
ComeToJesus:
Sadly, culture hasn't helped anyone. Rather, those that break out of the mold and reinvent the wheels by carving a niche for themselves are the ones making impact in the world.

Overhyped African culture and traditions have no place in the realms of intellection and innovation.

As far as I'm concerned, those observances are meant to keep you dazed and stagnated in a world that's rapidly evolving
Have you heard of Prof Wande Abimbola? If your answer is NO. Kindly Google it, I'm sure you will learn one or two things from there...
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by adelaja70(m): 1:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
lovebird65:
Rubbish ndi ofe nmanu like WTF...................No tribe lazy pass yoruba sha
Sometimes i feel the brains of the igbos are not fully molded.. Cause their comments go wan make me... Make i leave them.

2 Likes

Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by NaijaSumi: 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
Idol worship is sin before GOD ALMIGHTY
Re: Atayese Oba Ogunlana Wedding: IFA African Traditional Religion Style (Video) by 1Sharon(f): 2:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
tammyf:

OLODUMARE IS the most high

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do Yorubas Return The Bride-price To The Groom's Family? / Is There Any Danger In Sleeping With A Widow When Her Hubby Has Not Been Buried? / Suspend Emir Sunusi To Allow Proper Investigation - Elders To Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.