Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,074 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:09 PM

Black Africans Created Mathematics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Black Africans Created Mathematics (206 Views)

Why Is Angel White And Satan Black??? Africans Must Wise Up / How I Ended Up As A Mathematics Professor - Pastor Enoch Adeboye / Black Africans And Their Lack Of Religious Originality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Africans Created Mathematics by donnie(m): 6:47am On Nov 11, 2021
The world’s oldest document that’s comprised of advanced mathematics is the Ahmose Mathematical Papyrus, also known as the Rhind Mathematical Papyrus. It was written around 1,600 BCE by an ancient Kemite (Egyptian), but it was copied from an even older Kemetic document which is now lost to history. It includes arithmetic, trigonometry, and geometry. Notably, it also includes what is later to be called the Pythagorean theorem (a² + b² = c²). However, the Greek mathematician, Pythagoras, was not born until 570 BCE. This theorem was written hundreds of years before Pythagoras was born. This suggests that he would have learned this equation from ancient Africans. Ahmose was a scribe copying a former African mathematical text, so he didn’t originate the theorem, but the name, “Pythagorean Theorem,” is undoubtedly a misnomer because Pythagoras did not come up with with it - a Black-African did. As historian, John G. Jackson states, “The [Kemites] Egyptians are a distinct African people. They did not originally come from Europe or Asia. Their history and their culture started in what is now Ethiopia and the Sudan” (Jackson, 2001, p. 6). White supremacy keeps America from teaching this in our schools.

References:

Jackson, J .G. (2001). Introduction to African civilizations. Citadel Press.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/oupacademic.tumblr.com/post/172198199867/rhind-mathematical-papyrus/amp

http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/numbers.htm

https://www.geneseo.edu/~johannes/JS12.pdf

Re: Black Africans Created Mathematics by CandyOps(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2021
Egypt is the epicenter of illumination. Na why dollar bills get image of the peak of the Egyptian pyramid on it. Which means - the highest heights in exposure to knowledge and light.

... na there modern medicine, maths and a lot of modernization started from there.

Not just maths, biology, science, logic and philosophy too all started from Egypt. History shows that Aristotle, Plato and the rest of the supposed early 'greek philosophers' were just intellectual pirates.

They stole all their knowledge from the books of the looted Egyptian libraries.

If you've read How Europe Underdeveloped Africa or The Destruction Of Black Civilization or any other book on African history you'd know this already.

Oyibos just had bigger Guns. And with the guns they subdued Africans. That's why any people or nation that wishes to be free of the colonial oppression should develop it's military wing firstly.

And that's also one of the reasons I smh in disgust anytime I see an African say things like "oyibos are better than blacks" or the likes of it

It only shows how low your level of understanding of whom you are is. But then I really don't blame them because after over 300 years of looting and destruction it'll be pretty hard for a people to retain confidence in who they really are.

1 Like

Re: Black Africans Created Mathematics by donnie(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2021
CandyOps:

Oyibos just had bigger Guns. And with the guns they subdued Africans. That's why any people or nation that wishes to be free of the colonial oppression should develop it's military wing firstly.

And that's also one of the reasons I smh in disgust anytime I see an African say things like "oyibos are better than blacks" or the likes of it

It only shows how low your level of understanding of whom you are is. But then I really don't blame them because after over 300 years of looting and destruction it'll be pretty hard for a people to retain confidence in who they really are.

Guns and LIES

(1) (Reply)

Why do people say there is no GOD?! / Support Us / The Blessings And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus. Part 13.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.