Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Arabic Is Just A Language - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Arabic Is Just A Language (502 Views)

Don't Be Misleaded, Arabic Is Not Islam And Islam Is Not Arabic / Homosexuality, Lesbianism, All Other Sexual Pervasion Is Not Just A Sin But... / Why Arabic Is Written From Right To Left (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arabic Is Just A Language by Alhajikinky(m): 7:01am On Nov 11, 2021
The Hidden Secrets Your Pastors and Your Imams Wouldn't Tell You..

There are more Christians in Palestine than Israel. Their vernacular is Arabic.

There are more Israelis who are Muslims than those who are Christians.

The population of Palestine is 12 million. 7 percent [approximately 840,000 of them] are Christians.

In contrast, Israel population is 8.5million. Only 2 percent of Israelis, [approximately 171,000] are Christians while 17.5 percent of Israelis, [approximately 1.5m], are Muslims.

Now let me further break it down. Most of the 840,000 Palestinian Christians speak Arabic as their vernacular. Most don't speak or understand English.

Their Holy Bible is written in Arabic language.

In the Arabic Bible, God is called Allah. That is how God is called in Arabic language. Same way the Yoruba Bible calls God "Olorun."

If they want to say "God is great", they also say "Allah Akbar."

If they want to say "Glory to God" they say "Alhamdulilahi."

Their preachers preach to them every Sunday in their churches in their vernacular, which is Arabic. Just like the Catholic Pope preaches in Latin. Sunday services in many parts of Egypt too are conducted in Arabic because that is their native language.

Don't let the fear mongers continue to spread fear and sow discord among us.

Those saddled with the task of uniting us have become instruments of division.

Arabic is not Islam and Islam is not Arabic. One is a language, the other is a religion.

Arabic is a language like English, like French, like German, like Spanish, like Hindi, like Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo. It is not a religion.

So if you like another man's English language and claim to hate another man's Arabic language because most Muslims speak Arabic, my friend, you are simply a slave of accidental civilization.

2 Likes

Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by oglalasioux(m): 7:11am On Nov 11, 2021
Well said. I'm currently learning the Arabic language and I see no relationship between Arabic and Islam beyond Islam using the Arabic language to spread its message. Arabic is thousands of years older than Islam.
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Kayberg: 7:35am On Nov 11, 2021
Blame who scattered the whole thing for the Arabians.
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Kdon2: 7:42am On Nov 11, 2021
Alhajikinky:

The population of Palestine is 12 million. 7 percent [approximately 840,000 of them] are Christians.

In contrast, Israel population is 8.5million. Only 2 percent of Israelis, [approximately 171,000] are Christians while 17.5 percent of Israelis, [approximately 1.5m], are Muslims.

Now let me further break it down. Most of the 840,000 Palestinian Christians speak Arabic as their vernacular. Most don't speak or understand English.

In the Arabic Bible, God is called Allah. That is how God is called in Arabic language. Same way the Yoruba Bible calls God "Olorun."

Their preachers preach to them every Sunday in their churches in their vernacular, which is Arabic. Just like the Catholic Pope preaches in Latin. Sunday services in many parts of Egypt too are conducted in Arabic because that is their native language.

Arabic is not Islam and Islam is not Arabic. One is a language, the other is a religion.

Arabic is a language like English, like French, like German, like Spanish, like Hindi, like Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo. It is not a religion.

So if you like another man's English language and claim to hate another man's Arabic language because most Muslims speak Arabic, my friend, you are simply a slave of accidental civilization.

Very stupid logic! It's an individual choice not to be foisted on anyone. It's not recognised as our national language please. I guess that's what some fanatics wanted to achieve.
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Mightymosco: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2021
People need to learn...
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Kdon2: 7:46am On Nov 11, 2021
oglalasioux:
Well said. I'm currently learning the Arabic language and I see no relationship between Arabic and Islam beyond Islam using the Arabic language to spread its message. Arabic is thousands of years older than Islam.

So why can't Islam be expressed in other language other than Arabic and be respected? If you say God instead of Allah chronic head slammer beging to get seizure! grin
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by TenQ: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2021
Alhajikinky:

We hear you.

You didn't add that the Language of Allah is Arabic. That's why you must pray to him and worship him using Arabic or your prayers would not be heard.

What is the name of Allah? No Muslim know (Allah means "the diety" Hebrew equivalent is El'oah/El'lom)
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by haekymbahd(m): 12:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
TenQ:

We hear you.

You didn't add that the Language of Allah is Arabic. That's why you must pray to him and worship him using Arabic or your prayers would not be heard.

What is the name of Allah? No Muslim know (Allah means "the diety" Hebrew equivalent is El'oah/El'lom)

Exodus 6

3. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’—but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them.

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Allah has told the truth. So follow the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth; and he was not of the polytheists."
(QS. Aal-i-Imraan 3: Verse 95)

Allah didn't reveal any specific name. To him belongs the best names. If he comes as Allah should that be a problem since he did the same to Abraham without vrevealing any particular name. Even Jesus called him Father and Eloah (God) and not a particular name..

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names. And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 110)

Muhammad was an Arab so the Quran was revealed in the language of the prophet. Muslims read the Quran as revealed directly so as not to tamper with the meaning s and interpretation of the Quran. English and Arabic do not share one on one relationship most times.

Also, Most Muslims really can't speak Arabic when having conversation they only learnt it so as to read the Quran which means Most Muslims pray in their local dialect but only recite the Quran in Arabic..

Allah SWT said:

"So, [O Muhammad], We have only made Qur'an easy in the Arabic language that you may give good tidings thereby to the righteous and warn thereby a hostile people."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 97)
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by TenQ: 3:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
haekymbahd:

Exodus 6

3. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai—‘God Almighty’—but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh, to them.

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Allah has told the truth. So follow the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth; and he was not of the polytheists."

Allah didn't reveal any specific name. To him belongs the best names. If he comes as Allah should that be a problem since he did the same to Abraham without vrevealing any particular name. Even Jesus called him Father and Eloah (God) and not a particular name..

Allah SWT said:

"Say, Call upon Allah or call upon the Most Merciful. Whichever [name] you call - to Him belong the best names. And do not recite [too] loudly in your prayer or [too] quietly but seek between that an [intermediate] way."
(QS. Al-Israa 17: Verse 110)

I know that Muslims are usually confused about sequences of historical occurrences.

Exo 6:3:
"And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob lived at least 700 years. God said that these people called Him only by His title as LORD GOD and not by His name JEHOVAH.

But we know the name of God from the mouth of God Himself as JEHOVAH!

About Jesus calling God Father, God! No one has said that it is wrong to call God by His TITLES, what we ask is
DO YOU KNOW THE NAME of GOD?

It will be amazing if Aisha Buhari or Zara Buhari do not know the name of their Husband and Father respectively even though, it is not wrong for them to address their husband and Father as the President, Commander in Chief, My Husband or Father.

As a point of emphasis, even David in the book of Psalms knew God by His name JEHOVAH!

Ps 83:18:
"That men may know that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, are the most high over all the earth."

haekymbahd:

Muhammad was an Arab so the Quran was revealed in the language of the prophet. Muslims read the Quran as revealed directly so as not to tamper with the meaning s and interpretation of the Quran. English and Arabic do not share one on one relationship most times.

Also, Most Muslims really can't speak Arabic when having conversation they only learnt it so as to read the Quran which means Most Muslims pray in their local dialect but only recite the Quran in Arabic..

Allah SWT said:

"So, [O Muhammad], We have only made Qur'an easy in the Arabic language that you may give good tidings thereby to the righteous and warn thereby a hostile people."
(QS. Maryam 19: Verse 97)

Please don't use Taqqiyya for me.
Even amongst non native Arab speakers,
1. have you seen where call to prayer is done exclusively in another language other than Arabic?
2. Have you seen where Jumat prayers in the mosque is Led exclusively in another language other than Arabic?

It's usually funny to me when an Alfa is praying in Arabic and 99.8% of the Muslim Umar cannot understand what he is saying yet they are chanting Amin anytime he paused.

Allah understands only Arabic just like Odu IFA can only be recited in Yoruba.
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by haekymbahd(m): 4:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
TenQ:

I know that Muslims are usually confused about sequences of historical occurrences.

Exo 6:3:
"And I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them."
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob lived at least 700 years. God said that these people called Him only by His title as LORD GOD and not by His name JEHOVAH.

But we know the name of God from the mouth of God Himself as JEHOVAH!

About Jesus calling God Father, God! No one has said that it is wrong to call God by His TITLES, what we ask is
DO YOU KNOW THE NAME of GOD?

It will be amazing if Aisha Buhari or Zara Buhari do not know the name of their Husband and Father respectively even though, it is not wrong for them to address their husband and Father as the President, Commander in Chief, My Husband or Father.

As a point of emphasis, even David in the book of Psalms knew God by His name JEHOVAH!

Ps 83:18:
"That men may know that you, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, are the most high over all the earth."
Exodus 6

The onus is on you to tell us Jehovah is lying that he didn't reveal his name to those above..

Is Jehovah or Yahwe the correct pronounciation of the name of God. It was said that the tetragamation YHWH is the name of God so was his name Yahweh or Jehovah..

Allah SWT said:

There is only one God. So when you call on God only one can respond. Atleast your fellow Arab christians and Jews also call Allah as God same as the Arabic bible unfortunately both Arabic.

TenQ:

Please don't use Taqqiyya for me.
Even amongst non native Arab speakers,
1. have you seen where call to prayer is done exclusively in another language other than Arabic?
2. Have you seen where Jumat prayers in the mosque is Led exclusively in another language other than Arabic?

It's usually funny to me when an Alfa is praying in Arabic and 99.8% of the Muslim Umar cannot understand what he is saying yet they are chanting Amin anytime he paused.

Allah understands only Arabic just like Odu IFA can only be recited in Yoruba.
The Quran is the direct word of Allah and not Human unlike the Bible so we do take it in high esteem. If it were to be word of man like bible we could done similar thing to the christians.

We could see today discrepancies in the translation of the bible from Greek to English which caused some misinterpretation of the bible which saw different bible counter each other and lead to revised edition e.g RSV and KJV we can't do that to the Quran.

Also name such as Yeshua was translated to Jesus on whose Authority.

We are okay praying or reciting the Quran in Arabic and Allah has made it easy for memorization.. what language would you have preferred the Quran was revealed since the prophet was an Arab.

Allah SWT said:

"And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur'an, they would have said, Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]? Say, It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure. And those who do not believe - in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place."
(QS. Fussilat 41: Verse 44)

How one wan take please humans. If the Quran was not revealed in Arabic would the followers of Muhammad follow him since they won't understand. It is now there own Job to explain to non Arab speakers...
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by TenQ: 4:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
haekymbahd:

Exodus 6

The onus is on you to tell us Jehovah is lying that he didn't reveal his name to those above..

It's amazing that you didn't see who said those words and what His name is!?

haekymbahd:

Is Jehovah or Yahwe the correct pronounciation of the name of God. It was said that the tetragamation YHWH is the name of God so was his name Yahweh or Jehovah..

Allah SWT said:

There is only one God. So when you call on God only one can respond. Atleast your fellow Arab christians also call on Allah.

Yahweh or Jehovah?
Both: depending on your language tongue.

There are thousands of god's buy only one Creator God. Just like there are many Presidents but only one called Mohamadu Buhari.

Your prophet Mohameds father worshipped Allah isn't it?
is the Allah the same as your Allah.
Please answer this question!

haekymbahd:

The Quran is the direct word of Allah and not Human unlike the Bible so we do take it in high esteem. If it were to be word of man like bible we could done similar thing to the christians.
So, who was Allah praying to in Quran 1:1-7?

haekymbahd:

We could see today discrepancies in the translation of the bible from Greek to English which caused some misinterpretation of the bible which saw different bible counter each other and lead to revised edition e.g RSV and KJV we can't do that to the Quran.

Also name such as Yeshua was translated to Jesus on whose Authority.
Do you know how many English translations of the Qur'an I've read?

haekymbahd:

We are okay praying or reciting the Quran in Arabic and Allah has made it easy for memorization.. what language would you have preferred the Quran was revealed
The language of Abraham

haekymbahd:

Allah SWT said:

"And if We had made it a non-Arabic Qur'an, they would have said, Why are its verses not explained in detail [in our language]? Is it a foreign [recitation] and an Arab [messenger]? Say, It is, for those who believe, a guidance and cure. And those who do not believe - in their ears is deafness, and it is upon them blindness. Those are being called from a distant place."
(QS. Fussilat 41: Verse 44)

How one wan take please humans. If the Quran was not revealed in Arabic would the followers of Muhammad follow him since they won't understand. It is now there own Job to explain to non Arab speakers...

You will note that the issue is not about the language of revelation but the language of communication with Allah
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 11, 2021
oglalasioux:
No Islam is older than Arabic.

Islam is submission to God in which all prophets were sent because of!
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kdon2:

So why can't Islam be expressed in other language other than Arabic and be respected? If you say God instead of Allah chronic head slammer beging to get seizure! grin
Muslims say God every day,I don't know where butt shaker/tweaker like u got what u talking about
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Alhajikinky:

Everything else you said is fact except the highlighted, Palestine only have more people claiming Christians than Israel not real Christians! smiley
Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by advocatejare(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Alhajikinky:

grin

The Allah Arabic-speaking Christians serve and worship is the father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy One of Israel, the one not confined to the four corners of the Kaaba, the one not represented by the Blackstone

Re: Arabic Is Just A Language by Kdon2: 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
abdelrahman:
Muslims say God every day,I don't know where butt shaker/tweaker like u got what u talking about

Suffering from religious mental disorder! grin

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Serve God Fervently? / What Are The Signs Of Curse In Marriage / Fulfilling Your Destiny - Part 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.