Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,262 members, 7,818,890 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi (5285 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Adejoro74: 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2011
I’ll address Oyo’s notoriety for environmental filth - Ajimobi

Written by Dare Adekanmbi Monday, 06 June 2011

Oyo State governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, has said his administration will soon unveil a blueprint  that will remove the robe of filth and rubbles on the state and ensure sustainable environment.

Ajimobi made this known in a speech to mark the 2011 World Environmental Day tagged Forests: In Your Service  held at Agodi Gardens, Ibadan, on Sunday.

The governor said the plan, which would be carried out in accordance with the objectives of the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), would contain an integrated strategy to address the challenges of refuse disposal, urban degradation, public transportation, tourism and security of lives and property.

He lamented that rather than use the forest as a resource for projection and protection of mankind, nature had been imperiled through uncontrolled exploitation of the forest in illegal tree felling, unauthorised game hunting and bush burning.

“Our state has, over the years, acquired an undeserved notoriety and type as comprising a people who care less about their environment.

Ibadan, our state capital, whose indescribable aesthetics arrested the legendary poet, John Pepper Clark and pushed him to pen the poetry of its beauty, has relapsed into becoming a city that is denigrated as occupying the first position among cities of filth and rubbles. This is unacceptable to this administration,” he said.

He implored the people of the state to prioritise the sanitation of their houses and neighbourhood, adding that the resultant effect would make the state book an enviable position in environmental cleanliness.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/23054-ill-address-oyos-notoriety-for-environmental-filth-ajimobi
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by EzeUche1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
Something needs to be done. People cannot be living like this. Even our forefathers were not living in such squalor. This is one of the problems with industrialization. Sometimes the environment suffers, which is the true tragedy.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Ngodigha: 12:00am On Jun 07, 2011
tHE GOVERNOR SHOULD PAY A SPECIAL ATTENTION TO OGUNPA RIVER BASIN IN OYO STATE-THE HOME OF FILTH IN ODUALAND.

Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by OAM4J: 12:18am On Jun 07, 2011
Please let's address the topic without any insult pls.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by EzeUche1(m): 12:20am On Jun 07, 2011
We in the South-East have our own environmental problems such as the widespread erosion, which can be solved very easily if our politicians did something about it.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Mynd44: 4:53am On Jun 07, 2011
Nice thinking. I always feel shame when driving through Ibadan
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by shagaman: 1:12pm On Jun 07, 2011
Honestly Ajimobi has alot to do, The earlier he starts the better,
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Kobojunkie: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
shagaman:

Honestly Ajimobi has alot to do, The earlier he starts the better,
grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
Ibadan, our state capital, whose indescribable aesthetics arrested the legendary poet, John Pepper Clark and pushed him to pen the poetry of its beauty, has relapsed into becoming a city that is denigrated as occupying the first position among cities of filth and rubbles. This is unacceptable to this administration,” he said.

The past neglet has made many cities in Nigeria a slumshy fifilthy thing Ibadan inclusive. So Ibadan was a victim, not her culture as painted by the poet. Some people will soon open tribal rants as if their cities are devoid of this.

The governor recognise the fact not you and he is ready for action. He is starting already.

God Bless Gov. Ajimobi, God Bless Oyo State. Iwaju Iwaju la o ma lo.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by violent(m): 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
Fixing Oyo state would require changing mindsets, building new habits, and maintaing an unyielding approach towards policy implementation.

I remember driving through the biggest town in Nigeria a few years ago, some nutjob parked in the middle of the road to engage in a friendly chit chat with a fellow driver causing an instant hold up. . .when approached, the dude confidently pointed out that since he is not parked in anybody's bedroom, no one has the right to tell him to move his car-----away from the middle of the road? shocked

the dude went a bit more annoying that that to claim[i] "Awa la ni Ibadan, baba nla baba enikakan o le sowipe kin gbe oko yi kuro ni bi"[/i]. . meaning "we own IB, nobody's father can tell us what to do"

I have never been more horified and at the same time amused, in my entire life.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by playboy19(m): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
Ibadan people really need reorientation, Thats the first thing, if that is not done, nothing will work.

I remember a story some few years ago when banks were newly moving to Bodija Estate. Banks were throwing money all over the place buying properties. Even the Baale of Bodija had to sell a proposed mosque which was under construction to GTB.

Then, there was this man that was offered a huge some of money (i think N150m or something, i cant remember the amount) to sell his property which was by the road side, he refused, just because "It is their family house", meanwhile this is a mud house. The bank approached the next lot beside the mud house, that one hear the amount, he sell quick quick, now this is where i am going, Imagine this mud house right between 2 massive bank structures.

The last time i was in Ibadan, the whole street has been acquired by banks, with this mud house still there not complementing the whole area and we say we want development. The whole city need to be reorientated
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
I wonder why the dirty places in Nigeria are located only in the South west cheesy.Whats it with Yorubas and dirt.Their girls are dirty and so are their men.I have come across some yoruba girls wearing G-strings they havent washed for over a month.Even Abokis(HAUSAS) for all their stup1d1ty and religious fanatism still have the decency to be neat so why not Yorubas?
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by playboy19(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2011
tom28:

I wonder why the dirty places in Nigeria are located only in the South west cheesy.Whats it with Yorubas and dirt.Their girls are dirty and so are their men.I have come across some yoruba girls wearing G-strings they havent washed for over a month.Even Abokis(HAUSAS) for all their stup1d1ty and religious fanatism still have the decency to be neat so why not Yorubas?

Here we go again, Retarded brain.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by hasyak(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
tom28:

Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
And another thing i have noticed among Yorubas especially in Akure is that they are fond of taking a poo poo in polythene bags and throwing the shite out of the window.Cleaniness is next to Godliness
wise up!
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by playboy19(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2011
tom28:

And another thing i have noticed among Yorubas especially in Akure is that they are fond of taking a poo poo in polythene bags and throwing the shite out of the window.Cleaniness is next to Godliness
wise up!

Okay we've heard you Mr. Klin, can we hear from some sensible people now?
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2011
hnh
playboy19:

Here we go again, not-so-smart brain.
Abeg shut up there
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Pafuri(m): 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
I believe Ibadan needs to be rebuilt from the inside-out.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Pafuri(m): 2:26pm On Jun 07, 2011
I believe Ibadan needs to be rebuilt from the inside-out.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by ossaisly(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
hasyak:

hasyak:

must u rain insults b4 u make a contribution? Its just too much. Who knows if u wont end up marrying a yoruba or ur child doing same.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by caspapa(m): 2:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ tom28

I have checked your profile picture, I know people that look like that, why are you generalizing situation? Try and be objective and debate without bias, Yoruba this, Yoruba that, I know you wish you are a Yoruba man. Hum, looking smart (opposite).
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Felibaby(f): 2:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
tom28:

Oh my God! Another lunatic has escaped from YABA LEFT.
Something must be done to improve security in that psychiatrist hospital.
Their patients cannot continue to escape and mingle with sane society. cool
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by armyofone(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2011
one thing i don't like is the way they do the trading. i thot there should be a market place. every side of the road is being raided by traders. such a sad sight cry
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by mostojr: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2011
I just moved to Ibadan from Lagos and I must confess that the town is dirty.
People here are ages behind.
Driving from Lagos to Ibadan is like a trip into the past. I've already sworn my children will not grow up in this town. I'll rather take them to my village in the east. At least we are way cleaner. tongue
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Reference(m): 3:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
armyofone:

one thing i don't like is the way they do the trading. i thot there should be a market place. every side of the road is being raided by traders. such a sad sight  cry

Quite agree with this one. We have become a nation of traders and the environment has suffered for it. Sure the governor has his work cut out. But if Lagos can attempt to clean its streets so can he. Though he does not control the macro economy he can convert at least some of these traders to cleaners for all its worth. You'd be surprised how much garbage and filth just 1,000 naira worth of boiled corn and a hundred naira bag of 'pure water' can generate compared to the huge cost of clearing it to the landfill. Something has to give. Government just has to buy them out of their squalor in sufficient numbers to restore sanity then enact strict edicts to keep the environment clean with huge fines to pay for it  wink. All they need is seed capital and like LASTMA its becomes a self financing venture.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by emmatok(m): 4:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
@tom28

You are a disgrace to those who sent you to school.

The governor is trying to clean up the state and you are here killing your self about another tribe.

Tell me which local govt in Nigeria is free of dirt.

FOOOL
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by emmatok(m): 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2011
mostojr:

I just moved to Ibadan from Lagos and I must confess that the town is dirty.
People here are ages behind.
Driving from Lagos to Ibadan is like a trip into the past. I've already sworn my children will not grow up in this town. I'll rather take them to my village in the east. At least we are way cleaner. tongue

Abegi dey go ya village, abi dem force you come SW?

Lagos was once the dirties city in Africa. Today is it one of best .

It is not about the tribe or people.

It is about leadership.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 4:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
not-so-smart person, which of the Nigerian is devoid of refuse heap. Igbo they talk sanitary. hey,hey I tire for these senseless  in rampage for inferiority complex.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by kokoye(m): 4:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is very pain . . painful really.

To think this was the beautiful place I grew up in and all this stuff is going on there.

I hope Ajimobi cleans up Ibadan. I pray.

playboy19:

The last time i was in Ibadan, the whole street has been acquired by banks, with this mud house still there not complementing the whole area and we say we want development. The whole city need to be reorientated

Development is needed but guess what, we cant have banks taking up the whole street in a residential area. That just consitutes nuisance and unncessary traffic.  That would be better suited for a commercial area like dugbe maybe.  

So what happens when the banks close? the area is dead of course. That's why we need nightlife - restaurants, stores, etc in such areas.

Victoria Island and Ikoyi used to be beautiful residential area in Lagos and Lagos Iland was the commercial hub.  Now companies have taken over everywhere with workers now celebrating vals day and giving birth in heavy traffic.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 4:35pm On Jun 07, 2011
[size=14pt]Epidemic Loom in Aba As Refuse Mount[/size]

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/community-news/3863-epidemic-looms-in-aba-as-refuse-mounts

Don't ever think the problem is peculiar to a city in Nigeria you ranting racist Yanmirin. 

Check the link all May 2011 news, ordained Iddddiot.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Repairs On Third Mainland Bridge Postponed Indefinitely. / Buhahahahaha! Sloppy Fashola Deported A Lagos Indigene To Onitsha / PDP Accuses ACN Of Destroying South-west Public Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.