Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO (852 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Aregbesola Attend APC South West Leaders Parley / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) / Towards Igbo-yoruba Unity And Coalition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by indulge01: 9:35am On Nov 11, 2021
The general coordinator of the Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (ABAT) movement in the diaspora, Akogun Banji Ojo has implored other southwest leaders to drop whatever presidential plans they have and support Asiwaju Bola Tinubu for the sake of Yoruba unity.

He made this statement in reaction to reports that some southwest leaders have presidential ambitions for the 2023 general elections. He said, “if Asiwaju Bola Tinubu will not be contesting for the presidential position in 2023, he will be the one to decide other leaders that will become the next presidential candidate for the South West”.

In this regard, Akogun Banji Ojo who is also an indigene of Ekiti State and also a one-time governorship aspirant in the 2019 general elections urged the aiming southwest leaders to stop their presidential ambition as a sign of respect to Jagaban and allow one voice to foster political unity in the southwest region and Yoruba race at large.

“If Asiwaju Tinubu decides to contest for the next presidential election, the southwest should support him and anyone else that is willing to contest should respectfully drop their ambitions, he concluded”.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2021
We shall do everything within our arsenal or Chelsea to make sure this man is not elected...

Nigeria cannot afford to produce another London president.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Nobody: 10:03am On Nov 11, 2021
ThankUJesus:
We shall do everything within our arsenal or Chelsea to make sure this man is not elected...

Nigeria cannot afford to produce another London president.
How many months did he spend at the hospital receiving treatment?

Don't you fall sick?

9 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by AmazingStudios(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2021
Hmm
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by tenpipsperday: 10:18am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Don't you fall sick?

But you are okay with the fact that he spent 8 years as a sitting governor and 14 years fixing who gets the job as a governor and yet hasn't been able to build the standard of hospital he was rushing to in London. When will you be free from self slavery.

Don't tell me as a Yoruba I must support him, are they not other qualified candidate?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Nobody: 10:28am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Don't you fall sick?
Op, anyone can sick but not everybody leave their country to another country for treatment... This man will not be president
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by AkalaJ: 10:29am On Nov 11, 2021
tenpipsperday:

But you are okay with the fact that he spent 8 years as a sitting governor and 14 years fixing who gets the job as a governor and yet hasn't been able to build the standard of hospital he was rushing to in London. When will you be free from self slavery.

Don't tell me as a Yoruba I must support him, are they not other qualified candidate?

You don't have to support him. It's your right not to support Tinubu. He has never had the support of all Yorubas, so you won't be the first nor the last yoruba not to support him (in fact, no yoruba leader has ever had the support of all Yorubas at once for different reasons (be it Awolowo, Obasanjo, etc). And you are also free to support other yoruba candidates, nobody should begrudge you or any other yoruba person for doing that.

But note that, your refusal to support him won't be enough to deny him the Presidency if he'll get there. And also, don't take it personal when his supporters also take swipes at you for disparaging his person or candidacy the way you do against him.

7 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by tenpipsperday: 10:36am On Nov 11, 2021
AkalaJ:

You don't have to support him. It's your right not to support Tinubu. He has never had the support of all Yorubas, so you won't be the first nor the last yoruba not to support him (in fact, no yoruba leader has ever had the support of all Yorubas at once for different reasons (be it Awolowo, Obasanjo, etc). And you are also free to support other yoruba candidates, nobody should begrudge you or any other yoruba person for doing that.

But note that, your refusal to support him won't be enough to deny him the Presidency if he'll get there. And also, don't take it personal when his supporters also take swipes at you for disparaging his person or candidacy the way you do against him.

Yeah. The north support Buhari and we have seen it.

But you dodged the hospital thing.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by AkalaJ: 10:50am On Nov 11, 2021
tenpipsperday:

Yeah. The north support Buhari and we have seen it.

But you dodged the hospital thing.

The hospital thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. No single governor can do everything during his tenure. Most governors have their focus during their tenure, some focus on roads infrastructure, others on education, health care, etc. And no matter what a governor does during his tenure, it will never be enough because government is a continuum, someone else must take over from where that Governor stops.

Tinubu was the first civilian governor of Lagos after decades of uninterrupted military rule. His first and second term were spent trying to reposition the finances of the state after gross neglect by successive military maladministration. One of his major feats was increasing the state's IGR so that the sate would have more money to handle its obligations. He also had to contend with a hostile federal government. In spite of these, he still did his bit, which obviously would never amount to much to his critics regardless.

If Tinubu couldn't build the kind of hospital you would have liked, nothing stops his successors from building it. Same way he couldn't build that hospital is the same way he couldn't tar all the roads in Lagos because two terms are not enough to solve all the problems of a state like Lagos.

Infact, all the problems of the state won't be solved till the day you and I die. Each governor will only come and do his bit and leave the stage for the next one to do his bit as well. But I'm sure nothing I just said is news to you. You just don't like Tinubu (which is fine) and for that reason nothing he does would ever be looked upon with favour by you. Nothing he did or does would ever be good enough.

8 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 10:57am On Nov 11, 2021
I am Yoruba. I will not place tribalism above common sense.

Common sense doesn't support Tinubu to become president.

He was Governor for 8 years and behind-the-scene governor for about 16 years, yet he traveled abroad for medical treatment.

Is he trying to say he failed to give Lagos State a functional hospital all these years despite all the money Lagos State has?

He is even too old and sickly. He is as corrupt as they come. He is also a drug dealer. Those qualities do not look befitting for a president.

He will end up being a worse version of Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by hollah123: 11:04am On Nov 11, 2021
ThankUJesus:

Op, anyone can sick but not everybody leave their country to another country for treatment... This man will not be president
some travel out to fix headache,so it depends on your financial wherewithal.

So don't criticise people cos they decide to leave their life the way they want.

U don't want tinubu as President, then who do u suggest we vote for?

5 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by hollah123: 11:06am On Nov 11, 2021
assent:
I am Yoruba. I will not place tribalism above common sense.

Common sense doesn't support Tinubu to become president.

He was Governor for 8 years and behind-the-scene governor for about 16 years, yet he traveled abroad for medical treatment.

Is he trying to say he failed to give Lagos State a functional hospital all these years despite all the money Lagos State has?

He is even too old and sickly. He is as corrupt as they come. He is also a drug dealer. Those qualities do not look befitting for a president.

He will end up being a worse version of Buhari.
who do u suggest we vote for?

1 Like

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 11:18am On Nov 11, 2021
AkalaJ:

The hospital thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. No single governor can do everything during his tenure. Most governors have their focu.

Oga shut up.

Tinubu governed a very Rich state, but couldn't provide adequate healthcare services.

In case you don't know, healthcare is a BASIC necessity. It should be one of the first things a responsible government should provide.

Alas, the drug dealer couldn't come around to providing this basic necessity for 8 years.

He had also helped three different governors into office since he left, yet, there is no standard hospital in Lagos State.

Lagos, the richest State in Nigeria, couldn't build a standard hospital for 24 years of his leadership! And you aren't even ashamed of yourself to defend this fraud!

2 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 11:23am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Don't you fall sick?

And he had to treat himself abroad, right?

What stopped him from building a standard hospital for 24 years?
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 11:24am On Nov 11, 2021
hollah123:
who do u suggest we vote for?

Osinbajo seems a better candidate.

Though I doubt if he is free from corruption too.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 11, 2021
assent:

And he had to treat himself abroad, right?

What stopped him from building a standard hospital for 24 years?
What type of dull question is this? When did Tinubu start ruling Nigeria wey you dey ask me this kin dull question?

24 years ko, 50 years ni

7 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 11:31am On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
What type of dull question is this? When did Tinubu start ruling Nigeria wey you dey ask me this kin dull question?

24 years ko, 50 years ni

Tinubu was a former governor of the richest State in Nigeria for 8 good years. He was instrumental to the installation of three governor after him. So, he had been in control for 24 years. Use your brain!

As a governor, how come he couldn't provide a standard hospital for the state? A man who couldn't give Lagos a functional hospital, how can he be trusted with Nigeria's healthcare?! Use your brain!

Stop acting dull and dumb.
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Nobody: 11:37am On Nov 11, 2021
assent:

Tinubu was a former governor of the richest State in Nigeria for 8 good years. He was instrumental to the installation of three governor after him. So, he had been in control for 24 years. Use your brain!

As a governor, how come he couldn't provide a standard hospital for the state? A man who couldn't give Lagos a functional hospital, how can he be trusted with Nigeria's healthcare?! Use your brain!

Stop acting dull and dumb.
When Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos in 1999, what is Lagos IGR? What is Lagos IGR between 1990 and 1998? Lagos was totally abandoned in the 90's by the military

Tinubu ruled Lagos from 1998-2007. Any other thing you dey talk nah foolish and senseless talk.

Tinubu can't force Fashola in building a world class hospital in Lagos, neither could he have force Ambode and Sanwo olu.

How many world class hospital have your state government built sef? Or your state is one of the uselses and backward states in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by AkalaJ: 11:43am On Nov 11, 2021
assent:

Oga shut up.

Tinubu governed a very Rich state, but couldn't provide adequate healthcare services.

In case you don't know, healthcare is a BASIC necessity. It should be one of the first things a responsible government should provide.

Alas, the drug dealer couldn't come around to providing this basic necessity for 8 years.

He had also helped three different governors into office since he left, yet, there is no standard hospital in Lagos State.

Lagos, the richest State in Nigeria, couldn't build a standard hospital for 24 years of his leadership! And you aren't even ashamed of yourself to defend this fraud!

It’s not me you are telling to shut up. You are definitely referring to your father, wherever he is dead or alive. Ediotic fool. I don't get how some of you can't make your arguments without getting personal. You're very stupid. If Tinubu runs for president you don't have to vote for him. But if he manages to become president of this country I'll glady give you the noose you'll use to end you life in suicide by hanging. Ediot.

6 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by tenpipsperday: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2021
Bu
AkalaJ:

The hospital thing is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned. No single governor can do everything during his tenure. Most governors have their focus during their tenure, some focus on roads infrastructure, others on education, health care, etc. And no matter what a governor does during his tenure, it will never be enough because government is a continuum, someone else must take over from where that Governor stops.

Tinubu was the first civilian governor of Lagos after decades of uninterrupted military rule. His first and second term were spent trying to reposition the finances of the state after gross neglect by successive military maladministration. One of his major feats was increasing the state's IGR so that the sate would have more money to handle its obligations. He also had to contend with a hostile federal government. In spite of these, he still did his bit, which obviously would never amount to much to his critics regardless.

If Tinubu couldn't build the kind of hospital you would have liked, nothing stops his successors from building it. Same way he couldn't build that hospital is the same way he couldn't tar all the roads in Lagos because two terms are not enough to solve all the problems of a state like Lagos.

Infact, all the problems of the state won't be solved till the day you and I die. Each governor will only come and do his bit and leave the stage for the next one to do his bit as well. But I'm sure nothing I just said is news to you. You just don't like Tinubu (which is fine) and for that reason nothing he does would ever be looked upon with favour by you. Nothing he did or does would ever be good enough.

It's not enough to just say I don't like Tinubu, give us points for that assertion.

His first feat according to you was to jack up the igr. That's endorsement of agbero because it is a very sustainable igr machinery.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Olril18(m): 12:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
AkalaJ:

It’s not me you are telling to shut up. You are definitely referring to your father, wherever he is dead or alive. Ediotic fool. I don't get how some of you can't make your arguments without getting personal. You're very stupid. If Tinubu runs for president you don't have to vote for him. But if he manages to become president of this country I'll glady give you the noose you'll use to end you life in suicide by hanging. Ediot.
Relax..Tinubu won't be president... Not even in sw are we gonna vote for the thief and drug baron..make dem no turn Nigeria to Lagos where thuggery and agberoism is the other of the day.
Then he shall put all his children everywhere at the expense of our productive youths.
Tinubu just dey waste im time..
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by AkalaJ: 12:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
tenpipsperday:
Bu

It's not enough to just say I don't like Tinubu, give us points for that assertion.

His first feat according to you was to jack up the igr. That's endorsement of agbero because it is a very sustainable igr machinery.

Guy, I can't give you any 'points' because doing so would be a fruitless exercise. There's nothing I could possibly say in his defence that you probably haven't heard before nor that you can't find out for yourself. Your mind has been made up and I know your type. But the irony of life is that your opinion and feelings towards the man may just not be enough to deny him of the Presidency.

You don't want Tinubu as your president and you have stated your reasons and they may be valid as far you're entitled to your opinion. No crime or harm in that. But I am telling you that your stance is not enough to stop him from becoming the president of Nigeria so don't take the matter too personal else you may end up spending the next 8-yrears of his tenure (if he ends up becoming president) in bitterness (like some people did after writing off Buhari, only to be jolted by the reality of his presidency in spite of their desires). Worse people than Tinubu have ruled this country and heaven did not fall. Whether he will also rule as president is in God's hands.

Obasanjo didn't and has hardly ever enjoyed the support of the majority of yorubas, yet he has ruled this country longer than any other yoruba man or Nigerian. Yet someone like Awolowo, whom Yorubas 'loved' and wanted at the seat of Central power couldn't achieve his lifelong dream of becoming president of this country. What does that tell you about this life? It means yorubas like you and I aren't the only ones that'll determine who the next president of Nigeria would be. Know that, and know peace. Selah.

1 Like

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by optionalY09: 12:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
No SW leaders should support Igboho
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by AkalaJ: 12:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
Olril18:

Relax..Tinubu won't be president... Not even in sw are we gonna vote for the thief and drug baron..make dem no turn Nigeria to Lagos where thuggery and agberoism is the other of the day.
Then he shall put all his children everywhere at the expense of our productive youths.
Tinubu just dey waste im time..

Lol. Una talk pass dis one against Buhari. Una wey no fit stop Buhari who is currently enjoying his second term, na una wan stop Tinubu? Lmao. Don't flatter yourself. Some of you give yourself too much credit.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by JavaScript90: 12:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
good
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 12:53pm On Nov 11, 2021
AkalaJ:

Lolz. It's obvious you have zero honor or regard for your father at home. That's why you abuse other people's father's with glee. It is not my fault that your father is Irresponsible.

You have an Irresponsible father and campaign for a drug dealer. What a wretched, rotten life you are living!!!
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2021
Come! Are we talking about the same south west

Highly intelligent people

Nigeria have not survived the result palava with Buhari!

If you support Tinubu, a drug Baron then education is defeated in Nigeria

Touts will take over and the cause of your action will forever be on you and your generation!

Look at the number of yahoos we have in Nigeria undecided

Are you people alright at all
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by 4Play(m): 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
When Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos in 1999, what is Lagos IGR? What is Lagos IGR between 1990 and 1998? Lagos was totally abandoned in the 90's by the military

Tinubu ruled Lagos from 1998-2007. Any other thing you dey talk nah foolish and senseless talk.

Tinubu can't force Fashola in building a world class hospital in Lagos, neither could he have force Ambode and Sanwo olu.

How many world class hospital have your state government built sef? Or your state is one of the uselses and backward states in Nigeria

Nigerian economy expanded rapidly from 1999 up until 2015 and with it tax revenue. See attached PDF showing FG's non-oil tax revenue went up from circa N200bn in 1999 to N1.2 trillion in 2007. So as the governor of a state that was already the commercial capital of a rapidly growing Nigerian economy, he was bound to oversee fast rising tax revenues. He also had personal incentives to raise those revenues, which became a major source of his personal wealth, as he wasn't getting on with Abuja. It's not like as if he used those revenues to expand healthcare access or education access in a commensurate fashion.

If Tinubu was merely a military governor of Lagos from 1992 to 1999, the story would have been entirely different as there would neither be the advantageous economic background or the personal incentive to raise tax revenues.

Once again, I think this IGR focus is a red herring. The main point of taxes is to provide public services. Has there been much increase in public services in Lagos - water, roads, schools, hospitals, housing - since the much touted IGR increase?

1 Like

Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 1:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:

Tinubu took over in 1999. He was in charge directly for 8 years, but couldn't build a standard hospital despite Lagos' huge IGR . That makes him a failure.

Only an idiot with dried brain will not know that Tinubu was calling the shot from the background during Fashola, ambode and sanwoolu governments.

Don't be an idiot with a dried brain.

My state governor doesn't oversee the state with the largest IGR in Nigeria.

If Tinubu fails in delivering quality healthcare services in Lagos State, how can he be trusted with Nigeria's healthcare services?

Stop defending a drug dealer.
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by assent: 1:32pm On Nov 11, 2021
AkalaJ:

Lol. Una talk pass dis one against Buhari. Una wey no fit stop Buhari who is currently enjoying his second term, na una wan stop Tinubu? Lmao. Don't flatter yourself. Some of you give yourself too much credit.

Do you want to hand over the future of your children to a drug dealer?
Re: 2023: South West Leaders Should Support Tinubu For The Sake Of Yoruba Unity -ABO by Olril18(m): 5:08pm On Nov 11, 2021
AkalaJ:

Lol..only tinubu supporters are delusional enough to think Tinubu will be president.
Oh..and buhari has taught a lot of people lesson.. in fact buhari has changed the dynamics of politics a bit..that's why the loudest voice against crook tinubu ambition are Yoruba people.

(1) (Reply)

Port Harcourt-aba Rail Vandalized Again Ahead Of December, 2021. / More Deaths In 2022: IPOB And ESN Reorganize And Threatens Nigerians / Osinbajo Is Our Candidate, Nigerians Declare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.